IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

PPE headers installers in TN or Atlanta, GA area

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-13, 07:49 AM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PPE headers installers in TN or Atlanta, GA area

I am very close to pulling the trigger getting me a set of PPE V2 headers....

Does anyone know a shop, or skilled Technician in Chattanooga TN 37415 area or Atlanta, GA area that's do and did the install on ISF(s) before? I am hoping for a one time worry-free, no-headache install...hopefully no CEL lights hopefully.

My friend Nate008 here recommanded a head tech at Pensacola who did his install in one day with no issue at all...but FL is just too far for me.

Any help or recommdations will be greatly apperciated!

Last edited by sleepyray; 09-12-13 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-12-13, 08:20 AM
sethISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice to see a fellow Chattanoogan with an IS-F. I have yet to see one other than mine. Anyways, I am very close friends with a Master Tech Mechanic with Toyota on the north side of Atlanta. He is the only person I let touch my car. He was with Toyota in Atlanta for several years then moved to Chattanooga and worked at Lexus of Chattanooga for 2 years before moving back to Atlanta and rejoining with Toyota. I will talk to him and see if he would be willing to take on the install himself and what he would charge if you are interested. I plan on ordering headers and exhaust soon as well.
Old 09-12-13, 08:40 AM
sethISF
Rookie

Here are a few pics of mine.
Attached Thumbnails PPE headers installers in TN or Atlanta, GA area-photo1.jpg   PPE headers installers in TN or Atlanta, GA area-photo2.jpg  

Last edited by sethISF; 09-12-13 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-12-13, 09:45 AM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Please let me know Seth! By the way you in Chattanooga too? I am in the Hixson, 153 area!
I know that's a grey and a black one in the city limit that's about it.

here's mine:
feel free to honk if you see me on the road
Old 09-12-13, 10:00 AM
sethISF
Rookie

I am in chattanooga 3 days a week and knoxville the rest of the time. I grew up in Hixson and my parents have a house near north park hospital.
Old 09-12-13, 10:07 AM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sethISF
I am in chattanooga 3 days a week and knoxville the rest of the time. I grew up in Hixson and my parents have a house near north park hospital.
Ah! very nice, well hit me up when you are in the area! its always good to meet someone share the same passion and interest in cars
Old 09-18-13, 07:20 AM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

still looking for installer. anyone?
Old 09-19-13, 08:21 PM
sethISF
Rookie

My mechanic said he has never installed headers on an ISF before and wouldn't feel comfortable using your car as a guinea pig lol.
Old 09-20-13, 12:57 AM
Nate008
Pole Position

Whattup Ray! Someone get find this man a trusted installer lol
Old 09-20-13, 06:50 AM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sethISF
My mechanic said he has never installed headers on an ISF before and wouldn't feel comfortable using your car as a guinea pig lol.
Well, I apperciate you and your friend's honesty! The bottom line is if he will able warranty his work and if the dealership he works will back him up *IF* something goes wrong too... also how much we looking for the labor as well...

Originally Posted by Nate008
Whattup Ray! Someone get find this man a trusted installer lol
Damn right Nate! I gotta join the IHE club man!!
Old 09-20-13, 07:10 AM
yjk1975
Pole Position

Batl Ground Motorsports
1770 Atlanta Rd
Smyrna, GA 30080
770-319-9605

They are a official distributor. It looks like they mainly deal with GTRs. I would give them a call. I had a lexus dealer in Miami install my headers and they charged me $650. But there is no warranty putting on aftermarket parts. Maybe they will warranty their work but thats it. I would bring in with you 2 new air/fuel ratio sensors for the headers, unless you have a new F with low miles. Buy the sensors off of Amazon.
Old 09-20-13, 08:42 AM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by yjk1975
Batl Ground Motorsports
1770 Atlanta Rd
Smyrna, GA 30080
770-319-9605

They are a official distributor. It looks like they mainly deal with GTRs. I would give them a call. I had a lexus dealer in Miami install my headers and they charged me $650. But there is no warranty putting on aftermarket parts. Maybe they will warranty their work but thats it. I would bring in with you 2 new air/fuel ratio sensors for the headers, unless you have a new F with low miles. Buy the sensors off of Amazon.
Thanks for the info! I will give them a call to find out! Well, i have a 08 with 33,xxx miles... hopefully they don't need to use the new sensors.

Also, since the Lexus did your install.. did they void your warranty for your F? or are they pretty cool with that? i know every lexus dealership are different when it comes to aftermaket parts lol
Old 09-20-13, 09:58 AM
yjk1975
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sleepyray
Thanks for the info! I will give them a call to find out! Well, i have a 08 with 33,xxx miles... hopefully they don't need to use the new sensors.

Also, since the Lexus did your install.. did they void your warranty for your F? or are they pretty cool with that? i know every lexus dealership are different when it comes to aftermaket parts lol
The only thing I believe may cause issues is the conditioner that wires into the ecu. The hardware doesn't automatically void your warranty. You should go with new sensors. Your F is old enough with enough mileage that most likely the sensors will get messed up when taking it out. The problem is, with age the threads are impossible to get out without screwing it up. If you have to come up with one in an emergency situation, the dealer cost is over $200 per sensor. You can buy the same exact sensor from amazon for around $127 shipped each.

Last edited by yjk1975; 09-20-13 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-24-13, 07:17 PM
whattheF
Driver School Candidate

any known sikky header installers in same area? TN, GA, NC, SC?
Old 12-30-13, 09:56 PM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

The earliest appointment for Batl Ground Motorsports is going to be late Febraury

Anyone know any other opinions I might have in TN, GA? Thanks

Quick Reply: PPE headers installers in TN or Atlanta, GA area