IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Putting in some Works

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-13, 09:16 AM
JT2MA71

Received 1,512 Likes on 656 Posts

With the same wheel widths, do you think there's room to go with less aggressive offsets? I'd like to keep the fenders "un-touched"

Thanks
Old 06-10-13, 09:20 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

I don't know why CarbonISF thinks you "ruined" the car. The decals aren't my taste, but nothing you've done to the car seems to suggest it can't be driven hard. The ISF is a highly trackable car, but it wasn't built FOR the track. We're not talking a GT3 RS here... with all of the leather, electronics and sound deadening the ISF has, it is clear that it was made to be a quick street-performance car that can be tracked with minor modifications, and not a track car that can be street driven. None of your mods seem to pull away from the intended purpose of this car. It can still be driven well, well beyond legal limits on the street without breaking a sweat just as it is set up right now.
Old 06-10-13, 09:24 AM
yjk1975
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is that side carbon piece behind the rear wheels?
Old 06-10-13, 09:25 AM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Im not a huge fan of white cars but your F has me speechless... Very nice bro also love that you have the GTR as well.
Old 06-10-13, 09:42 AM
CarbonISF
Rookie

I'm a little biased, but it wouldn't take much more than spirited driving to realize the sacrifices made to achieve this level of "Freshness?". You would need incredibly high spring rates to drive into a corner at speed without reaching full jounce and negating the benefits of the coilovers. Also, if you hadn't slid into a wall, you would be fighting some unholy suspension geometry that would be out of alignment. But really, the dude has a GTR and probably doesn't care!
Old 06-10-13, 09:56 AM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JT2MA71
With the same wheel widths, do you think there's room to go with less aggressive offsets? I'd like to keep the fenders "un-touched"

Of course.. have to be in the high offset tho.

Thanks
Originally Posted by vbb
I don't know why CarbonISF thinks you "ruined" the car. The decals aren't my taste, but nothing you've done to the car seems to suggest it can't be driven hard. The ISF is a highly trackable car, but it wasn't built FOR the track. We're not talking a GT3 RS here... with all of the leather, electronics and sound deadening the ISF has, it is clear that it was made to be a quick street-performance car that can be tracked with minor modifications, and not a track car that can be street driven. None of your mods seem to pull away from the intended purpose of this car. It can still be driven well, well beyond legal limits on the street without breaking a sweat just as it is set up right now.
thanks. most of the decals are Local Shop that helped me thru this build and "Fresh as Fu*k" is from StanceNation. Got to Represent

Originally Posted by yjk1975
What is that side carbon piece behind the rear wheels?
its and AIT splitter that was made for the ISx50 which i custom fitted to the F bumper.

Originally Posted by tjmhillz
Im not a huge fan of white cars but your F has me speechless... Very nice bro also love that you have the GTR as well.
thanks

Last edited by obby; 06-10-13 at 10:17 AM.
Old 06-10-13, 10:49 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

looking great. time to step it up for me
Old 06-10-13, 11:28 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by CarbonISF
I'm a little biased, but it wouldn't take much more than spirited driving to realize the sacrifices made to achieve this level of "Freshness?". You would need incredibly high spring rates to drive into a corner at speed without reaching full jounce and negating the benefits of the coilovers. Also, if you hadn't slid into a wall, you would be fighting some unholy suspension geometry that would be out of alignment. But really, the dude has a GTR and probably doesn't care!
I don't know how you drive your car on the street, but I probably don't drive my car more than 7/10 even when I'm driving it "hard," and I'm definitely not driving it hard around corners/curves on the public roads. I can't say I've come anywhere near to testing the limits of my car's suspension. I've tested the brakes a few good times due to having to avoid collisions with crazy drivers ahead of me, and I'm tested the straight line acceleration a few times as well... but I haven't even touched the limits of my suspension, and figure you have to go to a track to do that.

My point is that if Obby wishes to stay anywhere close legal street driving, what he's done to his suspension is not going to remove the performance aspects that make the ISF great. I can't imagine he'd roll around like his car is currently configured on a track day.
Old 06-10-13, 11:49 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

DAMN! I am LOVING this set up right here!!
Old 06-10-13, 02:59 PM
Kevin.IS
Lexus Test Driver

I don't understand where your negativeness is coming from... Obby still drives his car hard and to its full potential. Been to the hill with him a couple times and trust me he doesn't hold back. If you were local and know him personally then you'll see what I mean. Now before you start ranting off again and telling people how to do what with their own car, show some respect and keep the negative comments to yourself.
Old 06-10-13, 03:05 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

looks great
Old 06-10-13, 03:08 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

you need a professional photoshoot to do this car justice!
Old 06-10-13, 03:10 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Mines just as decked out and I track mine on the regular...I have all the big dollar carbon crap... the whole 9. Only way you hurt it is by curbing.... Driving the car at its limits has nothing to do with your freshness. If it was an air shock set up i would agree with you but there are plenty of coils out there that can handle the task.
Old 06-10-13, 03:17 PM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kevin.IS
I don't understand where your negativeness is coming from... Obby still drives his car hard and to its full potential. Been to the hill with him a couple times and trust me he doesn't hold back. If you were local and know him personally then you'll see what I mean. Now before you start ranting off again and telling people how to do what with their own car, show some respect and keep the negative comments to yourself.
LMAO.. Calm down.. haha.. remember "Positive and Negative Comments are welcome"..lol..everyone is entitle to their oppion.

Thanks again everyone for the comment.
Old 06-10-13, 03:47 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^ yea its so funny when someone post a non agreeing message and everyone hates on them.... we all can post what we want some dont like slammed some dont like stanced so be respect everyones point of views it's a message board lol

Quick Reply: Putting in some Works