IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2008 ISF on Autotrader, 23,990$....rebuilt title.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-13, 06:03 AM
SSxblazer
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 ISF on Autotrader, 23,990$....rebuilt title.

Don't know if anyone has seen this. If I was better equipped to buy an ISF I would (stupid credit )

But it seems legit minus seeing a carfax or pictures of it before hand?

Used 2008 Lexus ISF 23,990$

You are looking at a 2008 Lexus IS-F in excellent condition, inside and out. It has 65k original miles and is a very rare color package. t. What you don t see is this car was involved in a minor fender bender. We replaced the front & rear bumper, headlights , grille, and repainted the damaged area to match. Also, the CarFax shows no other accidents, no airbag deployment, or no frame damage, so that is a positive. The car will come with a Rebuilt/Salvage Title (due to the history) that can be easily titled in all states. Check with your local agency to see what is required. Most banks will finance a car with a Salvage/Rebuilt Title, just check with your bank for details. If you need to get a bank to do a loan, just ask, as we have a list of them that will do so with great rates. So, don t miss out, as this is listed $10,000 below retail give us a call before someone else does. In closing my prices are set so if you are wanting to call for a lower deal, we don t negotiate as these cars sell within 5-14 days. WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!
Old 05-30-13, 06:14 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would stay away.
Old 05-30-13, 06:16 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Would be great for some 24 year old kid that makes 50k a year and wants to look "rich".

Or a track car...
Old 05-30-13, 06:19 AM
SSxblazer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by zapa
I would stay away.
meh. My 03 LS430 was in an accident, front pass side. A few pieces needed to be replaced. Along with lights and the such....nothing was wrong with it.

As long as its a good shop, and it can hold an alignment, and there are not huge gaps between panels, I would be ok with it.
Old 05-30-13, 06:43 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would want to see the pics from the accident as well as who repaired the car. The pictures also look like they are trying to hide things.
Old 05-30-13, 06:57 AM
SSxblazer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by zapa
I would want to see the pics from the accident as well as who repaired the car. The pictures also look like they are trying to hide things.
True. That's all I would want as well. I highly doubt they are trying to hide anything.

There is a show on some channel....forget which I think CNN late night? And its a show about flipping cars from junk yards to make money. Could just be that sorta thing, company buys low and fixes what is needed and sells for a profit.

If I had to guess they have about 14k of their own money into it. So about a 10k profit can be made.
Old 05-30-13, 07:10 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by SSxblazer
True. That's all I would want as well. I highly doubt they are trying to hide anything.

There is a show on some channel....forget which I think CNN late night? And its a show about flipping cars from junk yards to make money. Could just be that sorta thing, company buys low and fixes what is needed and sells for a profit.

If I had to guess they have about 14k of their own money into it. So about a 10k profit can be made.
If you have the mechanical know-how, then yes, possibly... but trying to sell a "refurbished" ISF with a salvaged or rebuilt title for a profit sounds like a risky investment to me. I am sure some good deals can be had with cars that have branded titles, but unless I was looking for a track car or a beater pickup or something to use for trips to the hardware store, I would not buy a car that had been rebuilt or salvaged.

I'm sure someone will pick this car up though.
Old 05-30-13, 07:42 AM
WillRockwe
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why would it be coming with a salvage/rebuilt title if it was in a "minor fender bender"? Stay the hell away.
Old 05-30-13, 07:56 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Would be great for some 24 year old kid that makes 50k a year and wants to look "rich".

Or a track car...
RAW..judgments
Old 05-30-13, 07:57 AM
GriMan
Pole Position

Mine F was in a minor accident too. I changed a few small things on it but it is not a rebuild title unlike this F. i agree with WillRockwe. why is it rebuild/salvage if it was just a minor accident? so that's a big thing. it's cheap. think about it real hard.
Old 05-30-13, 08:00 AM
daedalus
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

at least they rebuilt it with LED headlights.

What's up with the taillights? Never seen lights like that.
Old 05-30-13, 08:00 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah. Considering the cost of an is-f is pretty expensive, it'd take a lot of damage to salvage the is-f
Old 05-30-13, 08:16 AM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Whats so rare about a Grey w/ black interior?
Old 05-30-13, 09:14 AM
GriMan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CUTigers
Whats so rare about a Grey w/ black interior?
yeah.... I'm scratching my head on that one.
Old 05-30-13, 09:48 AM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by daedalus
at least they rebuilt it with LED headlights.

What's up with the taillights? Never seen lights like that.
I don't see any LED headlights. They are just painted 08 headlights. Those taillights are nasty!!

Quick Reply: 2008 ISF on Autotrader, 23,990$....rebuilt title.