IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Test driving IS-F @dealership

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-13, 12:03 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Relative to being greeted by the receptionist, that is standard at a lot of high end dealerships. It works much better than being rushed by several salesmen at once. The receptionist will contact the salesman of your choice, or if you don't have a preference, the next one on the walk-in list. Since I have used the same sales person for my last 3 cars, I always make an appointment to make sure she is available.

As to test drives for the ISF, it really depends on the dealer. The volume is so low that many (most?) dealerships don't have a dedicated demo. In that case, many don't allow test drives of new cars. Would you want to buy a new ISF and find out that it had been driven hard by a lot of guys who were just trying it out. This is not an issue with used cars, but I don't want anyone else test driving my new baby. My test drive in the LS460 was done in the owner's personal car which is used as their LS demo. My new car was delivered with 6 miles on it.
Steve
Old 05-22-13, 07:39 PM
tgui
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JT2MA71
I showed up at the dealership in a pair of sweat pants and t-shirt. A salesman greeted me with a smile and asked me what brought me in. I said I came to look at a 2013 IS-F and he turned around and got the key He then said "let's go for a drive!"
3 hours later, I drove it home
Almost ditto.

I had a bad day at work and on the way home stopped by the Lexus dealership in my modded racer-boy STi. I was simply tossed the keys (almost) and took it for a test drive. I jokingly sent a txt with pic to my wife stating I bought a new car out of the blue and she said "Thank god, I hated that STi!!!"

Anywho that was all I needed to pick it up and arrive back at the main office in a new car.

Funny, the salesman even said I could drop a check off in a day or two and just call him. So, I had an excellent experience at Lindsay Lexus!

Funny #2, as I was dealing I sat there with my laptop open building a new ROM to flash to the STi as it was tuned a little too close to the edge for the next owner. I figured it would be beat on as a trade in.

Funny #3, the new owner of the STi had a shop track me down so they could figure out how the hell I hid all the mods and what I did to it! I was a pretty big deal in the local Suby community *brushes shoulder off*
Old 05-23-13, 05:06 AM
JT2MA71

Received 1,512 Likes on 656 Posts

That's funny!
I was driving the F home and about a couple miles to the house, I remember I still had my Ed Brown kC 45 in the driver side under seat drawer of the LS I traded in! So I turned around and called my salesman and I told him they better hold off on detailing it until I get my gun
Old 05-23-13, 09:10 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JT2MA71
I'd imagine so, mine had 50 miles when I took it home and salesman said I was the first one to test drive it
This is an absolute lie. My IS F had 11 miles on it and mine was in the show room. 50 miles means a ton of people drove it. Most test drives are around 4-6 miles...you had a min of 10 people drive your car.

Seriously you fell for this? Salesman is rubbing you all the way. Gives you a mug, pen, hat, key ring because you bought a 60k car? lol....He gave you a total of $20 bucks. Oh well..he made you feel special
Old 05-23-13, 10:36 AM
JT2MA71

Originally Posted by Just F Me
This is an absolute lie. My IS F had 11 miles on it and mine was in the show room. 50 miles means a ton of people drove it. Most test drives are around 4-6 miles...you had a min of 10 people drive your car.

Seriously you fell for this? Salesman is rubbing you all the way. Gives you a mug, pen, hat, key ring because you bought a 60k car? lol....He gave you a total of $20 bucks. Oh well..he made you feel special
Well thank you! Yes, I felt special. And now you just made me feel stupid.
My test drive was ~15 miles, btw.
It didn't really matter what he said, it's not the reason I bought the car. I just shared my experience.
Thanks again,
Ron

Last edited by JT2MA71; 05-23-13 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-23-13, 12:24 PM
WillRockwe
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my '11 used from a Chevy dealer in Arkansas, I flew from New York to pick it up. The car was supposed to have 9000 miles on it but when I got in, the odo read close to 10000. All the salesmen in the dealership told me what a great car it was and how it was faster than their Corvettes. I guess everyone had a crack at it. No problem, the car can take it, and it was spotless.
Old 05-23-13, 01:09 PM
zazzn
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

well.. Welcome to the club Ron! Hopefully, we can get you to master up this pitiful modding community.

Funny, how toyota lost so many customers simply for not releasing anything worth buying for so many years...
Old 05-23-13, 10:05 PM
JT2MA71

Originally Posted by zazzn
well.. Welcome to the club Ron! Hopefully, we can get you to master up this pitiful modding community.

Funny, how toyota lost so many customers simply for not releasing anything worth buying for so many years...
Oh hey there, Eric!
Old 05-24-13, 06:15 AM
tgui
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WillRockwe
I bought my '11 used from a Chevy dealer in Arkansas, I flew from New York to pick it up. The car was supposed to have 9000 miles on it but when I got in, the odo read close to 10000. All the salesmen in the dealership told me what a great car it was and how it was faster than their Corvettes. I guess everyone had a crack at it. No problem, the car can take it, and it was spotless.
I think mine had ~30 miles when I test drove it. I really didn't care since I would be MUCH harder on the car

Heh, I just remembered that I told the dealership to not wash the dirt off and leave most of the plastic on since I was in a hurry to get back to work. Their faces were priceless.