IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Turbo Turbo IS-F on youtube...

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-13, 02:42 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Defratos
I'm not sure how I'd be wrong about not wanting to drive a car that doesn't run right.

Be my guest if you're satisfied with that.
How do you know it doesnt run right? Sounds pretty good and their are videos of it making decent power on the dyno. Seems a-ok
Old 05-11-13, 02:57 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

must be his first lexus @ 4:20 with the window roll down... My GS does that lol..
Old 05-11-13, 03:28 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisp1
How do you know it doesnt run right? Sounds pretty good and their are videos of it making decent power on the dyno. Seems a-ok
Lolwut??? Post their dyno sheets. Another member messaged Fox Marketing inquiring about the setup and it's running no tune, just a bolt on turbo kit.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/7521203-post5.html

Here's a video of the "test drive"....
.... lights on the dash as usual. My face the entire time was like this --->

Last edited by VtotheJ; 05-11-13 at 03:41 PM.
Old 05-11-13, 03:44 PM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Doesn't even look all that fast just some extra noise
Old 05-11-13, 03:51 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

You could not be more wrong
You talk a big game for someone that has only 60 something posts and you just bought your car for for roughly 1 month (that's based on your post made on 4/13/13)

Many of us here have seen the Fox Marketing Turbo IS F for many years now. Think about it, there's a reason why only a handful of IS F owners here that have a turbo IS F, and it's not because the members on this forum aren't willing to spend $15k on a turbo kit. It's because many members on this forum have a problem parting with their money, for something that really hasn't been proven.

And when you start talking about having these members post their numbers, talk about their setup, etc...THEY ALL START TO SHY AWAY because they know it runs like crap.

We had one member on the forum that has a turbo kit, but all he said was something along the lines of "if you wanna know my setup, try to catch me in the canyons". I don't think that guy has ever posted since. Never shared any info.
Old 05-11-13, 06:16 PM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me
You talk a big game for someone that has only 60 something posts and you just bought your car for for roughly 1 month (that's based on your post made on 4/13/13)

Many of us here have seen the Fox Marketing Turbo IS F for many years now. Think about it, there's a reason why only a handful of IS F owners here that have a turbo IS F, and it's not because the members on this forum aren't willing to spend $15k on a turbo kit. It's because many members on this forum have a problem parting with their money, for something that really hasn't been proven.

And when you start talking about having these members post their numbers, talk about their setup, etc...THEY ALL START TO SHY AWAY because they know it runs like crap.

We had one member on the forum that has a turbo kit, but all he said was something along the lines of "if you wanna know my setup, try to catch me in the canyons". I don't think that guy has ever posted since. Never shared any info.
I'm pretty certain this is an example of "owning" someone, or multiple people in this case.
You said exactly what I was thinking while reading these jokers' posts.
Old 05-11-13, 09:37 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by melbitoast
I'm pretty certain this is an example of "owning" someone, or multiple people in this case.
You said exactly what I was thinking while reading these jokers' posts.
Thanks melbitoast. As always...I keep it real. I say the things that people don't want to hear. Cry me a river. Like the NRA says...Keep calm and return fire. JK...I don't think they said that, however, I'm gonna go order that t-shirt that does say that.
Old 05-11-13, 10:10 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No need to gang up on chrisp1, just educate. A lot of new ISF owners on here look at twin turbo rear mounted ISF's and go "OMG! Unfound power!".......bad news: there has been no working tune ever on the F. That includes the hyped up HG motorsports and ProEFI threads. Let's see some dyno sheets before jumping to conclusions....as well as quarter mile times. And the dash. It's no surprise that every "tuned" ISF has a dash that looks like a christmas tree full of lights.

Fox marketing obviously has money to throw away. If their build was actually legitimate they would have posted dyno sheets and qtr mile times. Instead we get the usual "first twin turbo wide body ISF" BS all over the internet, and fake HP numbers. I'll edit my post if I actually see the dyno sheets.
Old 05-11-13, 10:46 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Lol on the test drive all I see is a bunch of lights on the dash.
Old 05-12-13, 09:26 AM
Pqbrown
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I keep expecting to "bang" when he's redlining it. The thought of running a turbo without a tune is like nails on a chalkboard.
Old 05-12-13, 09:37 AM
RCM83
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I swear watching that video it seems SLOWER than my stock F..but it does sound nice I suppose

Could buy one of these though for a lot less http://www.faketurbo.com/

"Turbo sound without the cost of a $3500 Kit!"

Last edited by RCM83; 05-12-13 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-12-13, 10:22 AM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

I am new to the is-f and perhaps the rear mounted setup is not a good idea, but coming from the turbo world and having seen many different vehicles personally running rear mounted turbos and even compound turbo setups successfully, I figured it might have worked. for the record on the dyno the ifs made a little over 500whp i believe. no dyno sheet posted but heres the run
heres one making over 600whp

Last edited by chrisp1; 05-12-13 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-12-13, 11:39 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RCM83
I swear watching that video it seems SLOWER than my stock F..but it does sound nice I suppose

From what I have seen on vids and read, they were slower with the turbo kit at the track ect.
Old 05-12-13, 11:42 AM
fricks
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RCM83

Going to have to get 2 of these
Old 05-12-13, 11:47 AM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

anyone know whos is350 this is ?

Last edited by NotnFsport; 05-12-13 at 11:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Turbo Turbo IS-F on youtube...