Mother of all changing ATF in tranny threads - See #99 for level set instructions - Page 20 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Mother of all changing ATF in tranny threads - See #99 for level set instructions

Old 01-03-18, 09:58 PM   #286
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikersoft View Post
So, you overfill while the fluid is cold, then (once up to temp), just wait for the overflow to slow to a trickle? That's definitely easier than adding fluid while the engine is running. I will try that next time. Thanks!

-Mike
Exactly. Way easier. Adding fluid while running is a crapshoot.
lobuxracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-18, 12:30 AM   #287
Starfire77
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobuxracer View Post
FSM says the car needs to be level. There isn't a big difference to my level with the floor pan seam and the transmission's pan. Both show level within limits at the same pitch.

Hi lobux, was very glad to find this post, thanks. I also came across other info on the web which suggests it should be pins 4 and 13 (not 4 and 14).

For example, the following 2 links relating to an ISF indicate that pins 4 and 14 are not for checking transmission temp and he refers to his second video where he states it is pins 4 and 13 to check that (This is stated in his video descriptions, not the videos themselves):

And while this isn't for an ISF, it is a Lexus vehicle where it is also written as pins 4 and 13 to check transmission temp (This can be found a little past half way down the page where Post #2 starts, after the first photo of Post #2):
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...iy-w-pics.html

Just want to make sure I get this right, thanks
P.S. If this question has been covered in another post apologies in advance (I must admit I didn't go through all the posts).

Last edited by lobuxracer; 02-12-18 at 08:12 PM. Reason: extra note added
Starfire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-18, 09:28 AM   #288
ZDCATC
Rookie

Long story short it's a typo. The diagram should point to 4 and 13. I know you didn't read the whole thing but FWIW it's been discussed in this thread. It kills me that the title of this thread states "See #99 for level set instructions," yet the image on post 99 still includes the typo. This is misleading for people without techstream and it should be corrected. Although I will say if you're doing this procedure yourself it's your responsibility to read this entire thread before blindly following the instructions on #99.

Starfire77 What kind of Lexus are you changing the trans fluid on? Maybe we can tell you what pins you need to connect or at least point you to a forum where people would know more about your model.
ZDCATC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ZDCATC For This Useful Post:
Starfire77 (02-12-18)
Old 02-12-18, 01:33 PM   #289
Starfire77
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for your reply ZDCATC. Will read all the posts when I next get a chance.

I’m changing fluid on 2009 Lexus ISF. I’m assuming the instructions in post #99 applies to ISF? In which case I can follow it with the one correction you mentioned about pin no. being 4 and 13?
Any other typos in the instructions?
Thanks again ZDCATC

Last edited by Starfire77; 02-12-18 at 01:37 PM.
Starfire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-18, 03:42 PM   #290
ZDCATC
Rookie

Yes this is an IS F forum and the instructions will work except use 4 and 13. If you're ever unsure about what forum you end up on while searching clublexus just scroll up to the top and you'll be able to see which model's forum you're in

Mother of all changing ATF in tranny threads - See #99 for level set instructions-screen-shot-2018-02-12-at-5.24.07-pm.png
ZDCATC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ZDCATC For This Useful Post:
Starfire77 (02-12-18)
Old 02-12-18, 08:17 PM   #291
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

It never ceases to amaze me how people who won't spend $1k a year for subscription to TIS complain about me doing this and posting helpful information that LEXUS got wrong.

My good friend MS PAINT and I fixed the Lexus error. See post 99 for the correct information, and the post above for the correct information. God help me if some other fool on the internet linked to the previous graphic. At least it won't kill your ECM to short the pins together.

Oh, and if you subscribed to TIS, you would find that the error I reported to Lexus has been fixed and the same graphic now has the correct 4 and 13 diagram in it.
lobuxracer is offline   Reply With Quote