IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus IS-F Discontinued

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-13, 02:33 PM
FastPaced
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let them discontinue it! The fewer, the better!
Old 03-09-13, 02:51 PM
pc1990
Pole Position

Originally Posted by edgeucated
For the exact reasons we see in this thread. If people speculate there is no new IS-F coming, they wont wait and will buy the current one. In addition, it would help keep the value of the current IS-F up. Either way, good sales tactic
You are EDGEUCATED indeed hahaha...Definitely plausible that Lexus would do this
Old 03-09-13, 11:14 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by pc1990
You are EDGEUCATED indeed hahaha...Definitely plausible that Lexus would do this
You know what's a good sales tactic? Keeping people guessing. People like everyone here...thinking about what to do and what not to do. But what about people that like the new 3G IS look? Then they go buy the 2014 IS350 F-Sport...then later they release a 2015 IS F...people then sell their F-sport car and buy a IS F. This is basic sales 101...extending product life cycle.

Look at blitz_714....he had a IS350, then he got an IS F...they sold him two cars because he liked the car so much. However, I'm not sure if he KNEW there was an IS F coming out or not...I think when they released the IS in 2006...there was talk, but no one knew, then it came out.

How many people on here have upgraded from an IS250/350 to IS F? I bet more than a handful...and that's only people on the forum.
Old 03-10-13, 03:14 AM
AussieISF
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If they only sold 486 worldwide last year, I can see why it would justify the R&D expense to develop the new model. It's definitely not cheap to design and build a performance variant. It's obviously not selling well here in Australia, it's very rare on the road. I think I've only seen 3 on the roads in the last year, excluding meetups.

It's such a pity because it's a seriously brilliant car. Unfortunately it will take more than 5 years (2008 - 2013) to change people's perceptions about the brand. Lexus is simply not recognised as a performance brand yet, but it's changing. Building a new ISF will surely help to reinforce this image.
Old 03-10-13, 04:19 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With the limited production run of the LFA and the years with the ISF, Lexus has built a lot of brand and excitement around the letter "F".

This recent development is either a marketing blunder or an indication that there will be a new non-IS F to fill the gaping hole in the brand.

F-sport aspires to be an F. Somethings just do not add up based on the USA Today story.

I really do not know what I would buy up the road to replace the F experience.
Old 03-10-13, 06:23 AM
hahahaf
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
I expect to see a comparable Supercar in the lineup, but for more bucks.

Rumour has it that the cars cost much more to build than the $70k paid for the top loaded ISF vehicle.
i read an article a long time ago with a parts price comparison with its exact cost to build over the is350
and this is not true
it was in the 45000 to 50000 range
I cant recall exact numbers
Old 03-10-13, 12:36 PM
staman
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not sure why people think the IS-F is going to go up in value if they discontinue it. Its hardly a rare and sought after car. There's over 175 of them for sale in North America alone. People aren't exactly fighting over them
Old 03-10-13, 12:43 PM
vmatheboss
Driver

Originally Posted by staman
Im not sure why people think the IS-F is going to go up in value if they discontinue it. Its hardly a rare and sought after car. There's over 175 of them for sale in North America alone. People aren't exactly fighting over them
it may not go up in value (but we would never know, unless the car appeared in the 20th movie of fast n furious or even the 30th movie lmao) but either way the car is still pretty rare.... i use to own a 2001 acura cl type-S and those were discontinued after 2003..... it wasnt as rare as the F, but i sure didnt see many of them on the streets, especially being modded .... so i would get a lot of thumbs up along with questions to what car it was since mine was debadged... and its now over a 10 year old car.... that car came out overpriced and no one bought it...i think it maybe the same situation as the F, but definitely not performance wise back in the days.
Old 03-10-13, 12:48 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

I really hope this is not true because I'm hoping to buy an ISF next year. Hopefully with me saving money this year and working my butt off I can at least save enough for 20k for a downpayment of hopefully a 2008 SPF ISF which runs around 35k-38k. Maybe even cheaper next year because it's one year older + haggling.

):
Old 03-10-13, 12:55 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Snow
I really hope this is not true because I'm hoping to buy an ISF next year. Hopefully with me saving money this year and working my butt off I can at least save enough for 20k for a downpayment of hopefully a 2008 SPF ISF which runs around 35k-38k. Maybe even cheaper next year because it's one year older + haggling.

):
uh...you're buying a used one..what do you care if they're going to discontinue it?
Old 03-10-13, 01:03 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me
uh...you're buying a used one..what do you care if they're going to discontinue it?
Because if they discontinue the F, demand for used Fs will either stay the same or increase, pushing up used F prices.
Old 03-10-13, 03:17 PM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Damn I'm glad I got one of the first 50 special editions. Lol

I just like the car the rest is just speculation. Time will tell I guess.
Old 03-10-13, 04:35 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by syzygy
Because if they discontinue the F, demand for used Fs will either stay the same or increase, pushing up used F prices.
Correct. Most likely they will be more expensive and even harder to find just because they are discontinued. I'm a very picky person so it has to be SFP + Black Interior.
Old 03-10-13, 05:43 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why wouldn't the price go up if they discontinued the F? Look at the NSX on cars.com... Only 25 selling in the entire nation. The reason there are such a low number of NSX's is that they stopped making them after 2005 (obviously), and the people that have them are holding onto them. Same with the mk4 Supra. The number of used ISF's is 100+ but that number will certainly dip if they discontinue it, in the same way as the NSX & Supra.
Old 03-10-13, 07:07 PM
vmatheboss
Driver

agreed... prices would definitely go up because of the demand. the kbb value might not.... but say for example craigslist private sale value will definitely go up... it all depends on the demand.... more than likely prices will go up... better for us F owners

Quick Reply: Lexus IS-F Discontinued