IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

dyno results ppe headers on bone stock isf

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-14, 07:46 AM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by shyguyF
Have you read the #8 of this thread yet? Maybe the OP explains well enough for you.
Yes I read the entire thread, just hoping to hear more opinions.
Old 02-22-14, 09:51 AM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Rossi you r very careful in modding, i have the same way like you, i just want a combo of header + stock exhaust. If i have money right now i will go with Novel header but it's a little pricey, the Novel exhaust is the best one for the F so far IMO. Hopefully you hear PPE header +stock exhaust in person in your area.
Old 01-21-17, 10:40 PM
jwaite006
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by anxiouz
Damn, lucky you! The 91 octane we have here in CA is truly awful and holds back performance a great deal.

Don't bother with an axle-back. You'll get drone and the choke point in the exhaust is the secondary cats. If you don't want to remove those then don't bother fiddling with your exhaust at all.

I've had several discussions with other owners about the cat-back vs axle-back sound, drone, and performance and I'm not convinced there is any positive to the axle-back at all except for price IMO.

The Borla axle-back basically just adds volume and a boominess (I won't call it drone) at certain RPMs. At one point I had it but became increasingly displeased and had to take it off. The Borla cat-back however, doesn't have the same droning issues. Interestingly the mid-pipe contributes a great deal to addressing issues with drone.
Hi guys. I'm new to here. I have had my 2008 isf for 3 years now. It just turned 45k. Bought it with borla cat back and the sound is great. Near zero drone inside. My wife and toddler can both ride in it without getting a headache. My biggest decision was replacing the pilot super sports. I went 235 in front and 275 in rear. I've never had a problem with pilots but did a lot of research on the continentals were almost to par with the pilots. I figured the almost $200 difference could go towards headers. Decision is JoeZ or PPE. And I live in upstate New York. Will I have any problems when it comes time for inspection. Besides taking off my frigging window tint??
Old 01-22-17, 03:27 AM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Man, hearing that LFA after all of those Fs was traumatic ��
Old 01-22-17, 09:31 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Originally Posted by jwaite006
Hi guys. I'm new to here. I have had my 2008 isf for 3 years now. It just turned 45k. Bought it with borla cat back and the sound is great. Near zero drone inside. My wife and toddler can both ride in it without getting a headache. My biggest decision was replacing the pilot super sports. I went 235 in front and 275 in rear. I've never had a problem with pilots but did a lot of research on the continentals were almost to par with the pilots. I figured the almost $200 difference could go towards headers. Decision is JoeZ or PPE. And I live in upstate New York. Will I have any problems when it comes time for inspection. Besides taking off my frigging window tint??
1. JoeZ doesn't make headers. Choices are PPE or Sikky.

2. My experience with Continental DW was not good. I'm on Bridgestone S-04 and very pleased. I have threads on this.

3. I'm assuming your running 275/30/19 in the rear, is so the proper front size should be 245/35/19.

Lou
Old 01-22-17, 09:55 AM
cameljock
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jwaite006
I saw the Conti Extremecontact DW's on sale myself and was considering in buying those for when the summers go back on. I've had the Michelin PSS for the longest time but it's crazy spending $1k+ every time I need tires. My "spirited" driving gets me only 20k on those tires when they're supposed to go 30k miles.

ps I hate driving on snow tires!