IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Recommended Install Shop for Sikky Headers in DFW, TX

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-13, 06:20 PM
Aggression
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recommended Install Shop for Sikky Headers in DFW, TX + Revving Video

*update* Here's a short video of the rev sounds from the Sikky headers + Joe Z exhaust + K&N intake combo: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10103206737085050

Hey all! I've been lurking in the forums for a while and have gotta thank you guys for all the mod recommendations! I picked up an '08 Obsidian Black IS-F a little under a year ago, and it conveniently came with Joe Z PTS exhaust, intake, and carbon fiber exhaust tips already installed (exactly what I wanted).

I decided to go ahead and complete the system and ordered some new Sikky headers. The testimonials from you guys and the sounds I found on youtube were just too intoxicating to ignore! I searched the forums as best I could and came up short, so can anybody recommend a good installation shop in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that has had experience installing Sikky headers on ISFs? I wish JE Imports was in my neck of the woods instead

And because everyone loves pictures... Here's one of me getting pulled over TWICE for speeding (two days apart!!! ) along with a few shots of my gas guzzler.
Attached Thumbnails Recommended Install Shop for Sikky Headers in DFW, TX-576394_10102410487495610_1441085153_n.jpg   Recommended Install Shop for Sikky Headers in DFW, TX-isf-front.jpg   Recommended Install Shop for Sikky Headers in DFW, TX-isf-rear-smudge.jpg   Recommended Install Shop for Sikky Headers in DFW, TX-sikky-headers.jpg  

Last edited by Aggression; 06-08-13 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Added link to video of rev sounds.
Old 02-14-13, 06:23 PM
fasttexasz
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Jo tech maybe able to

Last edited by fasttexasz; 02-14-13 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-14-13, 06:24 PM
Super6
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True street in McKinney. They did mine and another I know if for less than $600.
Old 02-14-13, 07:43 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Nice pictures! Looks like you got Black Pearl Emblems too.
Old 02-19-13, 06:40 PM
Aggression
Driver School Candidate

Thanks to everyone for the PMs and posts regarding recommendations in the DFW area. I will check out Super6's suggestion at True Street Motorsports in McKinney. Pretty tough to find someone with experience installing Sikky on ISFs and at only $600 to boot!

@ShadowISF: Yeah, I dig the black on black emblems
Old 02-19-13, 07:00 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You're gonna be bummed when the black "IS" and the blue "F" fade on your license plate frame. Mine did and so did other members, grrrrrr...
Old 06-08-13, 09:27 AM
Aggression
Driver School Candidate

Just an update for this thread... I got these headers installed last night and took a quick video of the rev sounds from the Sikky headers + Joe Z Exhaust + K&N Intake combo. The addition of the headers gives the ISF an even deeper growl along with the sweet, sweet sound of rushing air... feels like the F just got over a cold and can finally breathe the way it was meant to!!! I can't wipe the $h!t-eating grin off my face when I'm behind the wheel lol.

Thanks Super6, but I called your suggestion and was told the couple of header installs they did for F's were just favors, and they weren't really interested in doing any more. I ended up taking it to Baily's Hyperformance Factory in Blue Mound who did my installation with no problems other than the expected AFR sensor stripping. No CEL nor rubbing that I can detect! Great group of guys there as well.

Here's the video:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10103206737085050
Old 06-09-13, 05:34 AM
Super6
Driver

Congrats! Sounds great!
Old 06-09-13, 06:54 AM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

no noticeable difference in performance for you? sound is great, but speed is what gives me my shizz eating grin, ha
Old 06-09-13, 09:35 AM
Aggression
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by scamsel
no noticeable difference in performance for you? sound is great, but speed is what gives me my shizz eating grin, ha
Oh, I guess I neglected to comment on the most important aspect of the headers hahaha... There is a VERY noticeable speed boost now. Throttle response is great; lightly tapping the accelerator rockets the car forward much faster than it used to. Headers pretty much added another mode: Snow > Norm > Sport > Awesome
Old 06-09-13, 11:11 AM
Mikifiki
Driver School Candidate

Hey just shot u a friend request on FB. (Arthur). Do u ever make it out to cars and coffee? Id love hear that in person. Im considering those upgrades(2010 isf black), but wanted to check em out in person first.
Old 06-09-13, 12:42 PM
Aggression
Driver School Candidate

Hey bud! Accepted your FB request. I've never been to Cars and Coffee, but I've been wanting to check it out for a while now. When do you usually go?
Old 07-08-13, 02:33 PM
fyeah
Driver School Candidate

Where in DFW are you located? I'm in Addison, about to pick up an ISF soon...maybe we could meet up when I get it.
Old 07-09-13, 11:25 AM
JKweezy
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Aggression;7981150r
Thanks Super6, but I called your suggestion and was told the couple of header installs they did for F's were just favors, and they weren't really interested in doing any more. I ended up taking it to Baily's Hyperformance Factory in Blue Mound who did my installation with no problems other than the expected AFR sensor stripping. No CEL nor rubbing that I can detect! Great group of guys there as well.

Here's the video:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10103206737085050
Congrats on the upgrade... curious how much they charged ya to do it though? I'm in the eagle mountain area so this shop is pretty much down the street from me. Didn't know about this shop. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 07-10-13, 05:43 PM
Wakemaker8
Driver

Originally Posted by fyeah
Where in DFW are you located? I'm in Addison, about to pick up an ISF soon...maybe we could meet up when I get it.
We should definitely get a dallas meet going sometime soon! I'm in the Grapevine/Colleyville/Southlake area

Quick Reply: Recommended Install Shop for Sikky Headers in DFW, TX