IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

SARD Replica Spoiler and Group A Rear Diffuser - Review

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-21, 03:52 PM
FilwithanF
Pit Crew

Received 76 Likes on 43 Posts
Default SARD Replica Spoiler and Group A Rear Diffuser - Review

I thought I'd share my thoughts on the SARD replica wing, since I could not find any posts here on CL about it.

SARD Replica Wing

Ebay link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254433019395

Fitment:

Excellent, actually. It took me about 30-45 minutes to install. The uprights are solid and all of the mounting hardware is quite nice. I've "tested" it in Mexico to 140 mph and it held up great.

Quality:

Also, excellent. I've never seen the genuine SARD item in person, but I'd guess they would be VERY similar side by side. The weave looks clean and consistent. There are only 2 small "niggles" I have with it (I'm getting nitpicky at this point): 1. The allen bolts that connect the mounting brackets to the wing on the bottom do not all fit flush (but hold the wing very well). 2. The clear coat on top is a bit thin (I could also be imagining that). However, there's no fade so far in the 4 months I've had it. I just try to keep a nice coat of wax on it.

Value:

Yeah, I'd definitely buy it again! For about $680 all in, it's WELL worth the money in my humble opinion. Especially considering that the genuine SARD wing is over $1,300 new and has a 4 month wait time.

Group A Motoring TMS Agressive Diffuser:

Link: https://gramotoring.com/products/isf...-rear-diffuser

Fitment:

I would give it an 8.5 out of 10. Not all of the clips on the bottom line up exactly. Also the right side is not quite flush with the rear bumper. The driver's side clip lined up, but the passenger side did not. So I mounted the passenger side with a self-tapping screw to the bumper (underneath, where you couldn't see it). Having said that, it still only took me about 45 mins to an hour to install, or so. And I did it with the bumper on the car.

Quality:

9 out of 10. The weave is nice and there's a good amount of clearcoat on it. However, the item arrived with a couple of small hairline cracks in the finish. My only concern is the fins on the bottom are hollow and let air enter the diffuser, rather than flowing underneath. I wonder if, with time and high speed runs, the volume and pressure of air would eventually cause the double-sided tape to come off? I've also tested this in Mexico up to 120mph, and it was fine, but I did not sustain that speed for long. I guess with time we will see.

Value:

Given that the Japanese (Wald, Tom's, Novel) are over double/triple the price, I think this diffuser is a good value. I will update this review with time (in a year or so) to let you all know how its held up. Or some others who have it could also post in the meantime?

The following 2 users liked this post by FilwithanF:
MileHIFcar (05-29-21), PJSnow (06-02-21)
Old 05-28-21, 11:21 PM
av8or
Intermediate

Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts

I have a genuine sard, was lucky to get it $1000 never installed bnew from a member here who sold his isf before he can install it. Curious, does the rep have the “sard” name on the corners of the wing? Also the genuine sard wing is riveted to the mounting brackets and not bolted.

Last edited by av8or; 05-28-21 at 11:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
frank1015 (06-01-21)
Old 05-29-21, 11:00 AM
Jwconeil

Received 968 Likes on 628 Posts

I’ve always liked how this wing looked, but disliked how it looked WITH the oem spoiler. I’d like to see one with the oem spoiler removed and the sard wing scooted back a couple of inches.
Old 05-29-21, 03:20 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
I’ve always liked how this wing looked, but disliked how it looked WITH the oem spoiler. I’d like to see one with the oem spoiler removed and the sard wing scooted back a couple of inches.
Feel the exact same way... I wonder what it would look like if it were scooted back a little further
Old 05-29-21, 04:55 PM
av8or
Intermediate

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
Feel the exact same way... I wonder what it would look like if it were scooted back a little further
as it sits right now, bracket all the way back to the OEM spoiler, the peak of the wing extends a little bit past the trunk line. I would imagine without the spoiler there and installed further back, it would match the bumper line. I agree, it would look better without the spoiler.
Old 05-30-21, 01:10 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
If I were to try with out the OEM spoiler, I would hunt down a blank clean 2IS trunk lid (no wing same color)

Not worth filling and repainting to cover up the 7 holes from the OEM IS F Trunk Spoiler

Joe Z
James7 (05-30-21)
Old 06-01-21, 01:30 PM
FilwithanF
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Joe Z
If I were to try with out the OEM spoiler, I would hunt down a blank clean 2IS trunk lid (no wing same color)

Not worth filling and repainting to cover up the 7 holes from the OEM IS F Trunk Spoiler

Joe Z
Exactly, lol! I got this spoiler so I could keep the OEM spoiler. It's also designed to work with the OEM spoiler.
Old 06-01-21, 07:34 PM
Jwconeil

Received 968 Likes on 628 Posts

The convenience of it is great, and it looks good. I’m just picky and curious how it would look. Looks like a nice piece for a fraction of the price.
Old 06-02-21, 06:22 AM
FilwithanF
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by av8or
I have a genuine sard, was lucky to get it $1000 never installed bnew from a member here who sold his isf before he can install it. Curious, does the rep have the “sard” name on the corners of the wing? Also the genuine sard wing is riveted to the mounting brackets and not bolted.

To answer your question, no the replica does not say "Sard" on it. I've also included pictures of the mounting brackets to the wing, which I've included below. I wonder if there's a tangible difference between riveting and bolting the brackets to the wing?

PJSnow (06-02-21)
Old 06-02-21, 09:04 AM
av8or
Intermediate

riveted doesn’t loosen under vibration is all i can think of the upside.. that and maybe harder to steal 😀

Last edited by av8or; 06-02-21 at 09:21 AM.
frank1015 (06-02-21)
Old 06-06-21, 11:47 AM
Gohanburne
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 18 Posts

I want that wing so bad. Looks dope.
Old 06-06-21, 02:49 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

It is the best looking wing IMO for the ISF so I agree
Old 06-07-21, 08:55 AM
Gohanburne
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 18 Posts

Just curious, how long did the Sard wing take to get to you?
Old 06-08-21, 09:03 AM
JPxMODz
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Love my SARD REP. I also have the extentions on mine that pushed the wing a few inches further back

Old 01-20-22, 11:44 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

Reviving this thread since I was curious for those who have the SARD or replica wing, how is it mounted to the trunk?

Quick Reply: SARD Replica Spoiler and Group A Rear Diffuser - Review