IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2012 ISF garage/gate opener problems

Old 12-21-12, 02:16 AM
toky916
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 2012 ISF garage/gate opener problems

Hello I have a 2012 ISF and have it for about half a year this is my daily driver.
I live in a gated house with a viper gate system . I'm having problems with the Lexus gate opener it works then when I get home at about 2am The F** thing will not open the gate and period.
I have to climb over the fence get in the house and open it from there every night for the past 2 weeks talk about a exercise !!

It's been "colder" here in Cali that's when I notice it not working I mean should a temp even matter or that it only happens at night ??
Seams like its only my lex having the issue other remotes work that my younger brother uses
Any advice ?
Old 12-21-12, 07:19 AM
Boma
Lead Lap

Reprogram the opener according to the handbook.. there are two methods if I recall correctly. If that doesn't fix it then it is probably a compatibility issue?
Old 12-21-12, 07:23 AM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I lived in a gated community and have never been able to get it to open the gate. Only my garage doors. Can't get my Escalade to do either.
Old 12-21-12, 07:29 AM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Would the gate happen to have a rolling code?
Old 12-21-12, 07:43 AM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I got mine to work on my friends gate

there are two methods to program it

one is the regular codes and the other is for rolling codes

id say reset ur homelink and try again
Old 12-21-12, 11:05 AM
toky916
Pole Position

Well I will take a looking to the book
I used another remote to program the lexus
Old 12-23-12, 02:40 AM
toky916
Pole Position

So I reprogrammed it and works during the day perfectly fine but at night just will not open still temp is about 43 degrees
Old 12-23-12, 06:41 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I attempted to use my homelink on an older Lexus years ago. It did not work at all...since then I have never bothered to even try it out on all of my cars equipped with this option. I was always a little paranoid with it, thinking if my car was stolen and my home address is saved in my navigation...they could easily access my home via the garage. Just me thinking like a criminal, lol.
Old 12-23-12, 09:39 PM
Repro
Driver School Candidate

Arrow

For the home address in the navigation... Honestly your best bet is to place the "home address" as the starting street number for your street in your nav.

For example, if I lived at 1234 Main St., I'd program my address as 1200 Main Street. It's close enough to get me home if I need to use it, and does not identify specifically which house I live at.

Just a thought!
Old 12-24-12, 03:42 AM
toky916
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kauaian
I attempted to use my homelink on an older Lexus years ago. It did not work at all...since then I have never bothered to even try it out on all of my cars equipped with this option. I was always a little paranoid with it, thinking if my car was stolen and my home address is saved in my navigation...they could easily access my home via the garage. Just me thinking like a criminal, lol.
Maybe you are a Criminal lol u
Old 12-24-12, 09:56 PM
Kingkrs
Pole Position

I had a strange issue with my 2011 recently. Where I would drive up to the garage and the opener would not work. It happened twice in about two weeks time. I had to do the setup all over again to get it working only for it to stop working again. It has been good for about a month now, but I wonder if this is at all related to what the OP is having issue with?
Old 12-25-12, 04:01 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Repro, good point!

Toky916, Haha good one! I actually have been dealing with for many years and there are some very intelligent criminals out there.
Old 12-26-12, 10:52 AM
toky916
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kingkrs
I had a strange issue with my 2011 recently. Where I would drive up to the garage and the opener would not work. It happened twice in about two weeks time. I had to do the setup all over again to get it working only for it to stop working again. It has been good for about a month now, but I wonder if this is at all related to what the OP is having issue with?
See I thought I was the only one with this problem mine has got to the point that's its just gets me #%^%#. About it where is the pursuit of perfection if you can't open gate/garage repro Like countless times its never fixes the issue . Would take to the dealer would they do anything?
Old 12-26-12, 07:45 PM
Boma
Lead Lap

It's kind of difficult to really pinpoint where the problem is, whether it is with the home link system or with the gate or garage. Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to bring it to the dealership's attention. I did notice that you have to hold down the button briefly to activate the opener, could that be a fix for you?

Personally, I had the entire rearview mirror assembly replaced under an LSB for a different issue (excessive mirror vibrations) and so far my home link system works flawlessly under varying conditions.
Old 12-27-12, 02:44 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,834 Likes on 2,323 Posts

Check the brand of the unit you are trying to program. If it is not listed on the Homelink site, it is not supported and may never work. I had this problem in California with the community gate.

Here in Atlanta we have card access and a guard for guests or residents who don't have cards. It always works.

If you really think it's a thermal problem, take it to the dealer and have it swapped out. It would be a very rare problem.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 ISF garage/gate opener problems