IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Chicago ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-12, 11:53 AM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

happy you found that and got it taken care of. i'm good to go for sunday at GLD!
Old 10-25-12, 12:21 PM
kteng7
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ToothDoc
LOL, I just found out why the car was SOOO loud post headers. After the install, my set of headers might have been slightly off spec but the left side was actually in CONTACT with the tranny shield mount which is in direct contact with the frame. In essence, my exhaust was in direct contact with my cabin so I heard the car LOUD and CLEAR from inside. HAHAHA

We jacked it up and found the contact point and just ground off a little bit of the tranny shield mount. That part is not structural - just a piece of metal that has the attachment points for the plastic shielding.

NOW, the car just PURRS and is NOT louder than just exhaust only. So, stock to Borla catback was definitely louder but the headers don't make it louder.
Gald you found the problem, I might go this route sometime soon. Now post up a video in you can
Old 10-25-12, 06:37 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

EGI IS350, do you wanna meet there or cruise there together? I'm actually working till about 1:00 p.m. and will probably get there around 2:00 p.m. LMK. I'm in Lake Zurich area - takes about 40-50 minutes to get there.
Old 10-26-12, 11:03 PM
BS ISF
Instructor

I can swing by and cruise up with ya
Pm coming.
Old 10-29-12, 08:58 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

OKAY, let's get the Chicago IS-F guys rolling! We can setup something in Schaumburg or something. Meet at some place, take pictures of our cars, etc. First round of beers etc. on me. We'll talk cars, chicks, beers, etc.

Let me know who might be interested and when.

How about a dyno day?

Last edited by ToothDoc; 10-29-12 at 09:09 PM.
Old 10-29-12, 09:20 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I would be very interested, but since my work schedule is very unpredictable this time of year, I would have to play it by ear.
Old 10-29-12, 09:33 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Okay guys, I just ordered some automobile scales. If anybody is interested in weighing your car this weekend, let me know... I'm thinking of this Saturday morningish. I have 4 scales so if you have coilovers, we can attempt to corner balance your car!!! We just need a place. I have an electric impact wrench and hydraulic jack. If you can make it, post it! If we have no attendance, we'll reschedule.
Old 10-30-12, 06:48 AM
BS ISF
Instructor

weather permitting i will be out at byron on saturday.
Old 10-30-12, 07:13 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Okay guys, I just ordered some automobile scales. If anybody is interested in weighing your car this weekend, let me know... I'm thinking of this Saturday morningish. I have 4 scales so if you have coilovers, we can attempt to corner balance your car!!! We just need a place. I have an electric impact wrench and hydraulic jack. If you can make it, post it! If we have no attendance, we'll reschedule.
You'll guys will save a ton of money doing the corner balancing on your own! Cost me over $500 to have it done with no baseline and to align as well. I have my corner balance specs posted in the below thread which I imagine would help tremendously as a starting point. Also make sure you do it with your driver seat weighted and a full tank of gas.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ilovers-8.html
Old 10-30-12, 07:27 AM
Petshark
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm down for a get together/cruise. I live in the quad cities so just need a few days warning to make sure.
Old 10-30-12, 07:30 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Forgot to ask, but did you guys get any video from GLD on Sunday?
Old 10-30-12, 08:04 AM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

OKAY, let's get the Chicago IS-F guys rolling! We can setup something in Schaumburg or something. Meet at some place, take pictures of our cars, etc. First round of beers etc. on me. We'll talk cars, chicks, beers, etc.

Let me know who might be interested and when.

How about a dyno day?
I am down! Sounds like we are from the same area ToothDoc. What color is your F?

Schaumburg is a good place, pretty central to expressways ect. A lot of good places we could go park, chat, and grab some afternoon beers. Westwood would be a fun place.
Old 10-30-12, 02:55 PM
lilcop17
Driver

So, if there isnt going to be a F meet up sometime soon, we can just tag along other meets some of my buddys have around schamburg or naperville. there usually 50+ cars deep. They might be having a big meet at the theather garage in Naperville. I can keep you guys posted if you'd like.
Old 10-30-12, 03:28 PM
Petshark
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ sounds good. I'd like to get to at least one meet before its too late in the year
Old 10-30-12, 08:11 PM
lilcop17
Driver

Ill see whats going on. If not then we have to do something around spring. and since this thread is going to be on the 5th page by then ill bump it up lol

Quick Reply: Chicago ?