IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

just did the muffler deletes....

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-12, 08:24 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Do you guys not see that crush at the start of the "Y" in the rear of the system? I have been saying this for years now, but IMHO, that's the most restrictive part of the stock exhaust system. Why anyone would want to retain it, is beyond me But, what the heck do I know

Lou
I want to retain it because even if this part of the exhaust is restrictive, I'm not going to feel a difference when replacing it, unless I'm on a timed course, which 99.9% of the time I am not. And to be completely honest with everybody here I did the mod for the sound, nothing else. I'd be lying to all of you if I said the car is "noticeably faster". All I know is that the V8 is alive, and I love the sound of it and so do other car enthusiasts.
Old 10-17-12, 11:04 AM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you guys not see that crush at the start of the "Y" in the rear of the system? I have been saying this for years now, but IMHO, that's the most restrictive part of the stock exhaust system. Why anyone would want to retain it, is beyond me But, what the heck do I know

Lou
What do you think that costs us as far as HP goes? 1-2 HP? Come on who cares? I'm willing to bet we still pick up 5-10 HP and lose 50-60lbs of weight with the cats and mufflers gone. But, it's mainly for the sound anyway. If we all were concerned about picking up a measly 15hp (that won't be felt anyway), we would've dropped money into proper exhaust.
Old 10-17-12, 01:27 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
And to be completely honest with everybody here I did the mod for the sound, nothing else. I'd be lying to all of you if I said the car is "noticeably faster". All I know is that the V8 is alive, and I love the sound of it and so do other car enthusiasts.
Originally Posted by PhiDeltBee
But, it's mainly for the sound anyway. If we all were concerned about picking up a measly 15hp (that won't be felt anyway), we would've dropped money into proper exhaust.
OK, OK you guys. I thought we had a Performance Car, not a car made to produce noises you think might impress people Me, as I have said many times, am interested in performance first, but want to keep noise in check. Third party systems are all much too loud for me and your, excuse me, ghetto systems are even worse. If all you're interested in is the sound your exhaust system produces without regards to improving performance, than I am clearly in the wrong thread I will not post to this thread again

But, as far as added power not being felt, your are wrong, dead wrong

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 10-17-12 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-17-12, 02:09 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OK, OK you guys. I thought we had a Performance Car, not a car made to produce noises you think might impress people Me, as I have said many times, am interested in performance first, but want to keep noise in check. Third party systems are all much too loud for me and your, excuse me, ghetto systems are even worse. If all you're interested in is the sound your exhaust system produces without regards to improving performance, than I am clearly in the wrong thread I will not post to this thread again

Lou
Just because I shelled out way less money to have my car sound like a true V8 it's ghetto? LOL. Why would I spend over $1K for an exhaust that yields 15HP at best? Why don't you track your car, print out the numbers and post back? And IIRC you must have headers too right? Another over-priced mod... although your numbers should be significantly better than Lobux's right? I'm not saying it's a competition, we need a baseline to compare to, so use Lobux's numbers as a baseline, since he's all stock.

Also, you did post in the wrong thread, the OP didn't ask you to lecture everybody on why the "crush part of the exhaust is so restrictive".
Old 10-17-12, 02:39 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lou
I believe that that restriction is the most important part of the exhaust. IMO, the added back pressure(lobux will probably correct me on the theory of pressure within the exhaust) caused by this restriction is why the secondary cat/muffler delete ISFs are faster than those with full exhausts.

Originally Posted by JC23
@ MRxSLAYx no man thats angel lol he doesnt have any of the z06's anymore my cousin had 1 blue regular c6 then a clue z06 then a white shelby which you raced and its on you tube I believe and then he got a yellow zo6 and then a 2011 red shelby he crashe and now a 5.0 LOL as soon as you see me or me you'll remember for sure...pm me your number I'll let you know when my exhaust is done...I cant wait to see how your F is coming along
I know exactly who your talking about know. Ill send you a pm
Old 10-17-12, 02:49 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Lou
IDK where your reservations come from about the secondary cat/muffler delete, but I can guarantee you that the performance side of it is actually second to none when it comes to exhaust systems for our cars. I have never raced another ISF that has exhaust work and had it stay within 2-3 car of me. And from what ive read/heard, the experience is similar for those who have done the deletes and raced other ISFs.
Old 10-17-12, 03:06 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
I believe that that restriction is the most important part of the exhaust. IMO, the added back pressure(lobux will probably correct me on the theory of pressure within the exhaust) caused by this restriction is why the secondary cat/muffler delete ISFs are faster than those with full exhausts.
Lance's comments on the crush when comparing to an eBay mid pipe:

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
The merge looks just as crude as the OEM split before the mufflers......
Lou
Old 10-17-12, 04:30 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Lance's comments on the crush when comparing to an eBay mid pipe:

Lou
Then im confused as this seems to be the stock exhaust pipe up to the Y.
Old 10-17-12, 05:48 PM
VicTornin
Driver

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
So, if I delete the PTS mufflers from the Joe-z System, the car will perform better??
Old 10-17-12, 06:01 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VicTornin
So, if I delete the PTS mufflers from the Joe-z System, the car will perform better??
Not necessarily. I believe that the 2-1-2 setup is ideal for our cars that are all motor. The Novel system out of Japan is actually near perfect.
Old 10-17-12, 06:03 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

the exhaust is kinda quieter. not sure if weather makes a difference because it was really cold today and the day i put it on, it was really hot.
Old 10-18-12, 09:26 AM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Lou

Different strokes for different folks. Obviously, the F is nowhere near the fastest car on the street and even fully modded it still doesn't get there. I didn't buy this car to be able to "beat" everything in sight. I would've kept the GT-R. This is a fun car that is refined, but in reality it feels like a dog compared to what I was used to. I'll never get the excitement out this car that the GT-R provided no matter what I do. Doesn't mean I don't like to tinker around with it and I actually absolutely love the F. Who really cares about 15hp? Or 50 for that matter. Still won't do it for me. I remember adding 50hp to the GT-R and being disappointed with Cobb because I couldn't tell a difference. This started a large discussion on nagtroc and Cobb stepped up to the plate with some new beta tunes that made a difference. I ended up with about 115-120 more HP to the crank from a custom tune before I could notice a REAL difference. So, if you can feel 15HP, then you are much more sensitive than I. My point is that not everyone on here is after that last 5hp. Some like the sound. I know I do.
Old 10-18-12, 08:13 PM
Petshark
Driver

Originally Posted by PhiDeltBee
What do you think that costs us as far as HP goes? 1-2 HP? Come on who cares? I'm willing to bet we still pick up 5-10 HP and lose 50-60lbs of weight with the cats and mufflers gone. But, it's mainly for the sound anyway. If we all were concerned about picking up a measly 15hp (that won't be felt anyway), we would've dropped money into proper exhaust.
Honestly the stock exhaust is really restrictive just to help increase gas mileage. I think it's closer to 25hp. I am going to dyno my car and try something new. I'm going to build a single 4 inch exhaust with secondary cat delete within the next month. I will post results when I'm finished
Old 10-19-12, 07:20 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Loved my muffler delete!
Old 10-19-12, 07:57 AM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

ever since i installed my iss forged exhaust, i really miss the sound of my muffler delete in the past. ...

Quick Reply: just did the muffler deletes....