Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bro wait for the 2014 one
Old 09-14-12, 05:21 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dmrios88
bro wait for the 2014 one
So what am I going to do in the next 13 months?
Old 09-14-12, 05:21 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Just F Me
So what am I going to do in the next 13 months?
Walk.

I kid, I kid.
Old 09-14-12, 06:12 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

I'm willing to bet that there will be no 2013 IS F...earliest I predict that we see it is as a 2014 model, but I'd say it will probably be a 2015 model. If you don't see a GS F (not this F sport stuff), next year, IS F won't be coming anytime soon.

Yea, i know there's that one interview with the one engineer or whatever. Engineers don't control sales...How many times do you see designers design a car, then engineers change it, and sales changes it to meet what people want. Look the CT Hybrid...the original one designed by Calty Design looks different than what's on the road.
Old 09-14-12, 06:29 PM
FD3SISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ Just get the GS F Sport for now and enjoy the car. In two to three years maybe you can trade it in a GSF or the next gen ISF.
Old 09-14-12, 06:37 PM
zazzn
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, this has me a little scared. My car has 76k and I was planning a lapping session in OCT. I know if you shift alot at WOT you will put a lot of stress on the clutch packs introducing lots of material into the ATF. I has this problem with my Aristo when I would WOT 1/2 all the time and eventually blew that trans. However, that transmission costs me 100$ to replace and a weekend. They are a dime a dozen because I had swapped my mk3 to an aristo engine and had a spare. Also most people that do 2jz swaps just junk the trans.

Anyways, I hear a sequel on hard shifts from first to 2nd on my IS-F if I shift at WOT. It's nothing really alarming but I've always noticed it and wondered if anyone else has that noise when changing 1-2 at WOT in manual mode (sports or normal).

I've just ordered a kit form Blackstone to do an analysis.

I know my first Aristo transmission wasn't working due to the fact the filter was clogged with clutch pack material and the fluid smelt burnt to hell. What ended up happening was I wasn't getting enough line pressure due to the clogged filter. After doing a fluid flush and cleaning out the filter, we slapped it back together for a test drive and 20 KM later it clogged up again and the car wouldn't go anywhere.

I think the more important thing of the service of a automatic trans would be changing the filter, and fluid.

I'm in a battle with Lexus over my water pump right now since I'm suffering from the problem that every 08-09 had where the pump leaks.

They say they will cover the parts but that's all, and I just ticked over 76000 miles so I'm pretty pissed because I was complaining of a heat problem since I bought the car last year with 58000 miles on it and they said that it's just a ****ty climate control system and I should use full hot... (which didn't work anyways) Turns out the car was just low on coolant and never got coolant to the heater core.
Old 09-14-12, 06:55 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Mine.chirps on 1 to 2 shift wot on M mode with all traction off...depending on pavement. I need some new tires
Old 09-14-12, 07:43 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Mine.chirps on 1 to 2 shift wot on M mode with all traction off...depending on pavement. I need some new tires
The day I got brand new tires (Continental DWS), I chirped from 1 to 2.........I mean, with an upshift speed of 0.1 sec what do you expect?
Old 09-14-12, 09:48 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FD3SISF
^^^ Just get the GS F Sport for now and enjoy the car. In two to three years maybe you can trade it in a GSF or the next gen ISF.
I'm going to fix it...drive it for 2 more years (that's the idea now, might still sell it. I'm on the fence)...ditch it...by then, there should be a new Porsche 991 911 GT3

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
The day I got brand new tires (Continental DWS), I chirped from 1 to 2.........I mean, with an upshift speed of 0.1 sec what do you expect?
Get some Bridgestone RE-11s...no more chirping Tire chirp is bad...especially if a cop hears it. He can nail you for exhibition of speed.
Old 09-14-12, 09:49 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zazzn
I'm in a battle with Lexus over my water pump right now since I'm suffering from the problem that every 08-09 had where the pump leaks.
I wonder if my water pump leaks....i don't see any fluid at all under my car or under the hood...will have to check this weekend when i detail my IS F...gotta push it out of the garage though...lol
Old 09-15-12, 05:33 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get yourself a project car. And make it something you have always wanted. You could find an supra with low mileage and turn it into an absolute beast of a car for like 60k. You could take an evo and everyone knows what can be done to evos. There are so many cooler options then buying a new car from the dealership.

Just a suggestion no one has said in this thread yet.
Old 09-15-12, 07:47 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me
Get some Bridgestone RE-11s...no more chirping Tire chirp is bad...especially if a cop hears it. He can nail you for exhibition of speed.
That's what I heard....I won't chirp anymore
Old 09-15-12, 07:48 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zapa
Get yourself a project car. And make it something you have always wanted. You could find an supra with low mileage and turn it into an absolute beast of a car for like 60k. You could take an evo and everyone knows what can be done to evos. There are so many cooler options then buying a new car from the dealership.

Just a suggestion no one has said in this thread yet.
I don't like Supra, Evos, Subbies, etc...

^^^I'd love me a cruiser like a BMW 2800 CS (chassis code E9)

I've been tossing it around...not sure if I'll miss the luxuries of a modern car, but I'm thinking also about selling the IS F and picking up an E30 M3. Yum...don't know what I'll do yet. I'll figure it out once I fix the IS F. I'll probably end up driving it and hearing the noise of the 5.0L V8 and fall in love again...who knows.

Last edited by Just F Me; 09-15-12 at 08:00 AM.

Quick Reply: Transmission Problem: Funky shifting and harsh reverse