IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2013 isf

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-12, 09:47 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm very curious/excited to see what Lexus does for their next generation IS-F in 2014....?
Old 08-29-12, 12:17 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
I'm very curious/excited to see what Lexus does for their next generation IS-F in 2014....?
For sure, it would have a spindle grill, 400 plus hp, lighter than the current and most importantly, the suspension would be at least similar to the CCR race car which is the benchmark per my readings.
Old 08-30-12, 06:44 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hoping for a lot more than 400hp since this current car has 416!

Also please make it a 5-seater and have fold down seats as an option......grrrr
Old 09-05-12, 07:53 PM
Ojciec
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to see an adjustable suspension with electronic damping as in the M and AMG cars. Perhaps a dual clutch transmission and/or a manual option. Other than that, I'd really like to see one on my driveway
Old 09-06-12, 06:37 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

I want the next F to be an extremely balanced car with an improved 8 speed transmission (faster downshifts). It has to have a minimum of 450 HPs. I would like to keep the V8 but if not feasible, a twin turbo similar to the GT-R in power would be great. Also, I would prefer wider tires aka M3s and an adjustable suspension with simple settings.
Old 09-06-12, 06:43 PM
ISFWes
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Colors

Are there any Lexus models with the two new colors the IS-F will have?

•Ultra White replaces Starfire Pearl, Liquid Platinum replaces Mercury Metallic
Old 09-06-12, 08:02 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw a new Lexus, maybe an ES, not sure, but it was the brightest white i have ever seen on a car. It was at grocery store and it was practically glowing. If this is the new white on the F then it will be sickest color ever.
Old 09-06-12, 08:20 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ill just pay to repaint my car Ultra White LOL... none the less, excited to see the new colors too! I love white, but had to settle for MM...
Old 09-07-12, 08:30 PM
Ojciec
Driver School Candidate

Default Confused

I just got back from a local Lexus dealer and I'm confused with the information the salesperson gave me. As many here have said salespeople sometimes don't know as much as we do. This can be true for a number of factors such as they have many different models to contend with and/or consumers who are interested in a particular model tend to research the hell out of the car. Whatever the case may be in this situation it left me confused and I immediately thought I'd come to the experts for clarification. Btw, the experts are members here.

The salesperson was a decent guy with a no pressure attitude. I felt like I was speaking with another customer rather than with a salesperson because of his attitude.

Here's what he told me that's got me sort of confused about the IS F -
  • The 2012 and 2013 model years are identical with no changes from '12 to '13.
  • There won't be any more '12s built
  • The 2013 models will probably hit the market in February or March of next year.
  • He wasn't aware of the replacement of the exterior white color.
  • He said black is the only interior color available and thought red wasn't a choice at all.
    There may be other things that came up but I simply too tired right now to remember them.
One of the cool things about him was if he didn't know the answer to one of my questions he either said he would find out or immediately went and asked someone. I haven't purchased a car from a dealer in a long time and never have I purchased a Lexus, so I don't know if this is how most salespeople are now or if Lexus is typically like this, but I was impressed.

In any event, I'd like to see what you all have to say about the above.

Cheers!
Old 09-08-12, 12:48 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

In my experience the more expensive car brands treat their customers better. An ex of mine bought a Benz when I was with here and I felt like I had spent the day at a day spa.
Old 09-08-12, 09:55 PM
ISFWes
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ojciec
I just got back from a local Lexus dealer and I'm confused with the information the salesperson gave me. As many here have said salespeople sometimes don't know as much as we do. This can be true for a number of factors such as they have many different models to contend with and/or consumers who are interested in a particular model tend to research the hell out of the car. Whatever the case may be in this situation it left me confused and I immediately thought I'd come to the experts for clarification. Btw, the experts are members here.

The salesperson was a decent guy with a no pressure attitude. I felt like I was speaking with another customer rather than with a salesperson because of his attitude.

Here's what he told me that's got me sort of confused about the IS F -
  • The 2012 and 2013 model years are identical with no changes from '12 to '13.
  • There won't be any more '12s built
  • The 2013 models will probably hit the market in February or March of next year.
  • He wasn't aware of the replacement of the exterior white color.
  • He said black is the only interior color available and thought red wasn't a choice at all.
    There may be other things that came up but I simply too tired right now to remember them.
One of the cool things about him was if he didn't know the answer to one of my questions he either said he would find out or immediately went and asked someone. I haven't purchased a car from a dealer in a long time and never have I purchased a Lexus, so I don't know if this is how most salespeople are now or if Lexus is typically like this, but I was impressed.

In any event, I'd like to see what you all have to say about the above.

Cheers!
Rule # 1 in buying a car. Never ask the dealership salesman for information.

The rare occasion that they are right. Is offset by the thousand times they are wrong. Or dont want to give up information about the latest and greatest coming out in a few months.

Because they want to sell a car today.
Old 09-10-12, 07:40 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Roffles
In the photos provided, the seats are leather in lieu of the alcantara. Maybe they are using an old picture or have they gone back to the original seats?
Perforated leather = cooled seats
Old 09-11-12, 07:49 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ No, not on the ISF. Besides alcantara is an option, not standard.
Old 09-11-12, 11:13 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

^^^^Juan, the perforated seats are described as ventilated, you're correct they are not cooled. The alcantara is standard with the black seats, the other colors are perforated leather.

Lou
Old 11-04-12, 08:43 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

I think it sucks that you cannot opt out for black leather. One of the reasons I got 2010 isf. I cannot stand the look of the cloth like alcantara. Does anyone else feels that way?

Quick Reply: 2013 isf