Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

man thats painful to look at hope u get it fixed
Old 08-17-12, 05:09 AM
NorthTXISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepyray
Was the torn as bad as mine? By any chance if you know where they order the Leather from? TX is too far from me, my best bid right now is hope that I can get the material somewhere and have my local shop replace it for me.
No mine was not torn as bad as yours. I don't know where they get the leather. The dealership handled everything. I would take it to your local dealership and ask for their opinion.
Old 08-17-12, 06:13 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the dealership outsources repairs to local upholstry shops, I went to mine directly and its half the price of using them via the dealership. Only difference is if I went with lexus I could also schedule other service at the same time and get a loaner.

What they will do is take the seat bottom apart, replace your torn leather with a similar leather and restitch it together, only issues are if you tear the parts with the blue accents in the perferation...that material might be hard to come by but the blue stitching is easy.
Old 08-17-12, 06:50 AM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthTXISF
No mine was not torn as bad as yours. I don't know where they get the leather. The dealership handled everything. I would take it to your local dealership and ask for their opinion.
I already visited my local dealer ship. They recommended me two shop...but same results, the biggest issue is find the same perforated leather for the my ISF.
Old 08-17-12, 07:10 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think its either buy a new seat cover or re-wrap in the non blue hinted perforated leather...I think it would be hard to tell to most people and looks better than a tear like that.
Old 08-17-12, 08:31 AM
DonTN
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone please learn from my mistake
Give a co-worker a ride during lunch time, whatever in his jean pocket had torn my leather seat....so, make sure your passanger don't have anything crazy in their back pocket...

Here is the damage:

By the way does anyone if that is any possible to replace that piece of leather? Since our Seat have abit of blue color in the leather. Otherwise I might have to contact Sewell Lexus.

Thanks for any input.

UPDATED AUG 16 , 2012

Went to Local Lexus dealership, they CAN'T just sell me just the leather for the seat. They will have to sell the whole Lower part of the seat...part# is 7100153J10C0. They quoted me $99x; and Sewell online price was $7xx. Either way..it's just too expensive and my seat was in almost prefect condition...

I also went to few local Auto upholstery shops...they can replace that section with a new piece of leather...but here is the BIGGEST issue:

Not only the venting holes in our seat are blues....according one of the owner (who run his business for 35+ years), the leather in our car actually is not Black leather, it's very dark 'Navy Blue' color... therefore that's no way it will be a match UNLESS:

1. To order the same kind of leather material from wherever Lexus get this from.

2. Contact a Junk Yard if they have an totaled ISF and cut a leather that big enough for the section.

Honestly everyone...I am stressed and exhausted..... If anyone know that's a way I can buy a piece of perforated leather for my seat...please help me out... Thanks

P.S. I am sorry if my English is not that good lol
Sorry about the issue with the seat. First I'd like to say you're the first person I've seen in TN with an IS-F, other than me. Hello! There's a shop in Murfreesboro that's amazing at leather repair called Sew Unique.
Old 08-17-12, 08:48 AM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DonTN
Sorry about the issue with the seat. First I'd like to say you're the first person I've seen in TN with an IS-F, other than me. Hello! There's a shop in Murfreesboro that's amazing at leather repair called Sew Unique.
Hello! Yea I came from Pensacola FL...I used to curise around with 3 others ISF and that's another 4 within 50 miles of my location lol
And now...I moved here 2 months now...I only saw one ISF so far in Chattanooga lol
If you in the area, we should meet up
Old 08-17-12, 11:41 AM
Roffles
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry to hear about that. It sounds like your options are limited. Shot in the dark, but have you tried to contact anyone who does shoe repair? These folks know a thing or two about stitching and repairing leather.

I think most people don't appreciate nice things. My biggest complaint so far with giving friends and coworkers rides is they slam their door shut like it's a pickup truck or a hollow door economy car. I'm talking like a full on, putting effort into it, SWING-SLAM! When I tell them this will eventually result in window motor and electronics issues inside the door, they usually respond with stink eye. Why?!? In my head, this is common sense!
Old 08-17-12, 03:28 PM
mishkinm5
Driver School Candidate

I think you might be able to get that repaired. I had a similar situation and was able to get it fixed.
Old 08-17-12, 05:30 PM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Juanca
I'm not taking any risk... get naked baby or get out!
I'll have to use that one on the wife
Old 08-17-12, 11:22 PM
matt310
Rookie

Default Maybe I can help...

I used to have an IS F (I have an S4 now) and happen to have a spare front seat bottom in brand-new condition. The only problem is that it's for the driver's side. However, in looking at the leather sections, they could very well be interchangeable - if you have access to a good upholstery shop they should be able to swap out the entire seating surface for this one and it'll be as good as new. Have a look at the attached photos and let me know if you're interested. I took these tonight.

-Matt
Old 08-18-12, 05:54 AM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

thanks Matt. I am interested but also I feel like its such a waste to get the brand new covers for the driver side and just use the center lower piece of the leather
someone probably can have it for a better use than me...
Old 08-18-12, 07:17 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

thanks Matt. I am interested but also I feel like its such a waste to get the brand new covers for the driver side and just use the center lower piece of the leather
someone probably can have it for a better use than me...
Matt is giving you a golden opportunity here with having that lower seat bottom available too you. The upholstery shop will simply reuse the center section on your seat. You are NOT going to find a match otherwise for our black seats with blue perforations on it, it's quite unique to our cars. In all honesty I think you just found the proveriable needle in a hay stack with a fello member happening to have a seat bottom for sale! buy it and run for the seat upholstery shop! And that coworker of yours needs a serious azz whooping for being such a d-bag.
Old 08-18-12, 10:08 AM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ming15237
Matt is giving you a golden opportunity here with having that lower seat bottom available too you. The upholstery shop will simply reuse the center section on your seat. You are NOT going to find a match otherwise for our black seats with blue perforations on it, it's quite unique to our cars. In all honesty I think you just found the proveriable needle in a hay stack with a fello member happening to have a seat bottom for sale! buy it and run for the seat upholstery shop! And that coworker of yours needs a serious azz whooping for being such a d-bag.
Yea...I know....It really depend how much matt willing to sell it. Becuase it is such a waste just to cut the bottom piece of leather out of a brand new seat cover maybe someone else have a damaged driver seat and need a replacement too...

Anyway, if everything fail throu, I might end up custome made both of my front seats...see the post for update
Old 08-18-12, 10:35 AM
matt310
Rookie

It's totally your call; there's some additional interest in the seat cover since I posted photos, but I want to give you dibs first, since I just happened to see your post randomly, and even more randomly had a seat cushion for an IS F sitting in my closet!

I PM'ed you a price, it's about half what I bought it for, let me know what you decide.

Thanks,

Matt

Quick Reply: TORN ISF seat :(