IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Attention in the isf?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-12, 03:46 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

USB color gets the most looks. A friend who also has a USB (stock body) was chased down (no race...lol) by a kid in an ISx50 only to find out after rolling down his window, that the kid asked what body kit did my friend had and he wanted one for his IS too. No joke! I swear!

But here is a good thread to your question. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...on-magnet.html
Old 08-05-12, 04:52 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There are just way too much damn IS250's, IS350's, IS250 F-Sport's, and IS350 F-Sport's on this damn island that people cant tell the damn difference between those and a real IS-F *SMH*

But for the true car enthusiasts they actual stare at the car and appreciate the looks and sexiness of the car. I actually had 2 guys stare down the car a couple of days ago and when I came around the corner and asked if they needed help. All they could say was "damn you got a nice ride" " I cant believe I got a chance to see one in person" and they stayed there and glanced as I backed up and drove off... LOL! I dont mind that kinda attention, I just hate the attention of douchers who wanna race me all the damn time... but low and behold and to their surprise this 4 door Lexus can boogie LMAO!
Old 08-05-12, 05:20 PM
RoswellisF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
Sorry but truth is unless its an enthusiast looking or you own a USB or crazy color combo, common public will stand in front of you and swear its an IS350 with upgrades.
Yep, that's been my experience. Only a few in the know knows what it is. Even ricers don't know what it is where I live. I have SFP and it doesn't attract attention and I like it that way.
Old 08-05-12, 07:11 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

A IS-F and any 2IS thats tastefully modified is a head turner, panty dropper, cherry popper. USB will definitely break some necks

Old 08-05-12, 07:28 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

When you drive past someone and the second intake opens up or you rev-match by someone when you get off the highway then it's stares galore.
Old 08-05-12, 07:48 PM
2008ISF
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Still getting looks...

Like most of the guys in this thread have mentioned, the amount of looks you get all depends on a variety of factors...

1. Car enthusiast (the person driving in/next to your car)
2. Color of the F
3. Gender
4. Age

When we originally bought the car, my wife didn't really understand what kind of car we were actually buying. She knew I liked it, and she loved the color .

A couple of my experiances...

I have had numerous people plaster their face up against their window as I drove next to their car or they drove past me. Finger points, waves, thumbs up, or the "Oh yeah!" face are usually what I see.

We had a Lambo rev at us when we were driving home. Unfortunately, my wife was driving, and I had an alcoholic beverage with dinner...so nothing happened. He ended up driving to his off ramp regardless.

When I first bought my car, I was cruising along on the freeway and I noticed this older Hyundai/Kia pacing me. I looked over my shoulder and saw a teenage couple going goo goo ga ga over the car. The female passenger took out her camera phone and started taking pictures of the car. They almost missed their off ramp because they were so distracted.

I had another guy watch me pull up to an Einstein bagels and go in. He was going in also and started to ask me how I liked driving the "M3 killer". He started quoting from Top Gear and Jeremy Clarkson and how they didn't really care for the car. He also talked about the lap times they put up at the Top Gear test track. Then he started to talk about another show, 5th Gear I assume(?), and how they liked the car and how they put up times on their track and it edged out the M3.

But my favorite moment was just last Thursday. We were coming home from Vegas and needed to stop to use the rest room somewhere in Yerbo. There were a few cars at the pump, mostly families getting gas for their mini-vans. And in the adjacent parking lot, there were a few Semis and delivery trucks parked. The F was sitting all by itself out of the way of everyone. After about 10 minutes inside the gas station's mini mart, we began to walk out with our beverages. As we come out of the mini mart, there is a guy talking pictures of the car with his camera phone. He whips around with a big grin on his face like he's been caught stealing a cookie out of the cookie jar.

Then he says, "Nice ride man. I love this car, and I love the color. My brother/brother-in-law (can't remeber which) has an IS350 and he just painted his whole car Ultra Sonic Blue like your car. He's never seen an IS-F, and he can't afford one, so I am going to send him pictures of yours to make him jealous! Ha, he'll never believe this! You don't mind that I take pictures, do you?" I told him to take all the pictures he wants.

What's funny is that now that my wife is beginning to understand what this car is, she is starting to point out people that are gawking or staring at the car as they drive by. And sometimes she says, "Oh brother, not another one."
Old 08-05-12, 08:23 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

The USB color is nice and all....but the Matador Red Mica color gets the most looks.

Red > Blue
Old 08-05-12, 08:28 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexsane
The USB color is nice and all....but the Matador Red Mica color gets the most looks.

Red > Blue
Hot driver > Red > Blue.....
Old 08-05-12, 08:35 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I get a lot of attention... from the ladies!!! Well for my stunning good looks that is... jk

Lol some guy today on the freeway in traffic said my car looked "damn good"

... I like the attention from more!
Old 08-06-12, 04:43 AM
ISFSteve
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
A IS-F and any 2IS thats tastefully modified is a head turner, panty dropper, cherry popper. USB will definitely break some necks

Now that is funny
Old 08-06-12, 08:32 AM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I've had mine since 08 and still get stares everyday. It's more prevalent than before because of my Joe Z exhaust/intake combo. I've actually blacked out my SGM so it physically is harder to tell, however when the car is all cleaned up, it catches attention right away.
Old 08-06-12, 08:58 AM
RustyHook
Driver School Candidate

I actually think its more of a sleeper... And definitely better that way. Especially in OSB.

The poor lad in the red Ferrairi 360 the other day now knows what an ISF is... It took two runs to educate the man. As expected, first run was denial, second was validation.

Sleeper FTW.
Old 08-06-12, 09:07 AM
cha7Li3
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The funny thing is, I never notice anyone checking out my car. But then I have people in my car they always see people checking the car out haha
Old 08-06-12, 11:07 AM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

I got free parking at the baseball game last week because of the ISF. Had a car full of people that were very surprised lol.

I do hear ALL the time that my "friend" has one of these as well, I usually just say okay.
Old 08-06-12, 02:22 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

...Now with my headers installed, I am constantly getting thumbs ups, smiles, and vip parking. PS SFP White is where its at!!!

Quick Reply: Attention in the isf?