ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS F (2008-2014) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014-200/)
-   -   Have IS-F production numbers by year ever been released? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/647126-have-is-f-production-numbers-by-year-ever-been-released.html)

vbb 07-27-12 06:26 AM

Have IS-F production numbers by year ever been released?

The search on here and Google have failed me. I'm sure this question has been asked and answered before, but if someone could point me to reliable data, I'd appreciate it. I'm just curious as to how many IS-Fs were shipped to the USA per year if that data has been made available. I've seen many other places where you can find the information even broken down by car color with respect to other vehicles, but nothing on the IS-F. I've only found scant data relating to the 2008 IS-F, but nothing beyond that.

VtotheJ 07-27-12 07:02 AM

Good question, I would like to know this too... I still find it insane that there are only ~100 used ISF's selling in the entire nation on cars.com. I love that the production numbers are so low. Keeps our resale values high, and the ISF exclusive.

flowrider 07-27-12 07:12 AM

The post with the information closest to your question is here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...to-date-4.html

Maybe Flip will monitor this and post again. BTW, the last four digits in the VIN are sequential. Mine is an '08 with a VIN of 4420, made in the last month of '08 production.

Lou

vbb 07-27-12 08:01 AM

Yeah, I found that old 2008 thread as well as another one on another forum in my Google search. Can't find anything that isn't 3+ years old though. I know I've seen data from other car manufacturers that say how many cars they produced per color and per year, but maybe Toyota/Lexus does not make their data as transparent?

VtotheJ 07-27-12 08:26 AM

The next time I go to the dealer for service, I'll ask the head F technician at my dealer if he can furnish the production numbers.

Juanca 07-27-12 08:31 AM

First year was 2500, I got # 1970 in late May 2008. Weird that you got # 4420 Lou.

dsg03svt 07-27-12 09:06 AM

I have 4567...

Juanca 07-27-12 09:09 AM

^^^ What year?

lobuxracer 07-27-12 09:17 AM

Toyota is very tight lipped about production numbers. We went through a host of gyrations trying to get production numbers for the Supra to mimic NSXprime's site, and despite everything, we can't be confident the numbers at www.mkiv.com are right. For reasons far beyond my comprehension, Toyota officially says it is very difficult to get accurate production numbers for a given market. It would seem pretty simple to me - count the number of VINs for a given market (because each market has unique VIN requirements) and there you go. But apparently it's more complex than that. At least that's what Toyota says officially.

Super6 07-27-12 09:21 AM

I doubt the first one built was 0001. The prolly started with 0100 or 1000 or higher. I hear that there are about 2500 to 5000 amg c63's built per year and I see way more of those out there and F's

psixtc 07-27-12 09:31 AM

I wouldn't count on your VIN to say which number IS-F you have. It is most likely a katashiki/variation of the IS. If that's the case, your number would fall in line with the total # of IS's built, not just IS-Fs (i.e. - VIN # 2034 could be #2034 ISxxx built, but only #42 of the IS-F katashiki). Prototypes are also assigned a VIN so that screws with the numbers as well.

dsg03svt 07-27-12 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Juanca (Post 7384505)
^^^ What year?

It is a 2008

flowrider 07-27-12 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by psixtc (Post 7384546)
I wouldn't count on your VIN to say which number IS-F you have. It is most likely a katashiki/variation of the IS. If that's the case, your number would fall in line with the total # of IS's built, not just IS-Fs (i.e. - VIN # 2034 could be #2034 ISxxx built, but only #42 of the IS-F katashiki). Prototypes are also assigned a VIN so that screws with the numbers as well.

No, it's been pretty well documented on this site and others that the last 4 digits in an ISF VIN are sequential and have nothing to do with other IS VINs.

Lou

vbb 07-27-12 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by lobuxracer (Post 7384523)
Toyota is very tight lipped about production numbers. We went through a host of gyrations trying to get production numbers for the Supra to mimic NSXprime's site, and despite everything, we can't be confident the numbers at www.mkiv.com are right. For reasons far beyond my comprehension, Toyota officially says it is very difficult to get accurate production numbers for a given market. It would seem pretty simple to me - count the number of VINs for a given market (because each market has unique VIN requirements) and there you go. But apparently it's more complex than that. At least that's what Toyota says officially.

Oh, so it is like keeping offset on custom wheels a secret? :D (I swear, every time someone posts pics and then says the offsets are secret it makes me want to slap them through my monitor).

Well at least that explains why I couldn't find anything on Google. So does maybe 2500/year to the US sound about right? Almost every single person who comments on my car has said "I've never seen one of these before!" especially among the non-gearheads. Everyone has heard of the M3 though. I always tell them it has a limited production to make it seem super-cool and mysterious. :D

Ascari_2 07-27-12 10:38 AM

Mine was delivered in august of 08 and has a 38xx s/n.