IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Color-matched rear diffuser

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-12, 01:08 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Color-matched rear diffuser

I'm thinking of getting a rear diffuser for the IS-F but I'm not in to the carbon-fiber look. I want to get whatever diffuser I purchase painted so that it matches my car (Obsidian). I've had some issue finding pictures of examples of Obsidian IS-Fs with color matched diffusers to really give me an idea, so if anyone has done this could you post up? For that matter, if you have ANY color IS-F with a painted diffuser go ahead and post a pic if you would.

I'm looking at the Arkym rear diffuser as it is subtle, yet somewhat aggressive too (if that makes sense). It would definitely stand out too much if it were carbon fiber though.
Old 07-25-12, 01:24 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

u might as well get the s4play diffuser...the rest of the diffuser come in CF unless u can special order one for non CF. i have not seen one that is not CF. Actually I think Lexon might make one that you can paint.
Old 07-25-12, 01:42 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

I went to the vipautosalon store and found 3 diffusers that you can paint. Lexon and Branew, Artisan is actually a bumper replacement. there might be more so check it out.
Old 07-25-12, 02:41 PM
Apexsports
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I painted my S4Play diffuser Obsidian to match my body color. IMO it looks cleaner and less "tacked on" that way...

Color-matched rear diffuser-2455-scaled.jpg

Color-matched rear diffuser-6a.jpg
Old 07-25-12, 02:58 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

^^ Thanks... that's exactly what I was looking for. That's also my exact feeling on the thing... I like the diffuser, but by color-matching it looks a lot less "tacked on." Carbon fiber bits are nice, but they interrupt the flow of a car, and honestly I only like them on a white car. I had a black car years ago with some carbon fiber bits and ended up hating the look and wishing I'd never done it.

I think the S4play diffuser painted Obsidian look perfect. Where did you get yours? I know S4play posts on here from time to time... does he distribute these?
Old 07-25-12, 03:26 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

EDIT: AeroFunction has a Ventross Replica that you can paint to match too Thanks primecut!

I wonder if anyone on here is running the Aero Function Front Lip and Rear Diffuser???

Last edited by aWorkOfArt; 07-25-12 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-25-12, 03:47 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting. That's actually a knockoff of Ventross, not Lexon. I'm running the Ventross CF one. For the price listed on their website, you might as well buy an authentic non-CF one like Lexon.

Last edited by primecut; 07-25-12 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-26-12, 09:58 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by primecut
Interesting. That's actually a knockoff of Ventross, not Lexon. I'm running the Ventross CF one. For the price listed on their website, you might as well buy an authentic non-CF one like Lexon.
actually there is a knockoff of Lexon made already, CF or Fiberglass which is available. not sure of the price. I would get authentic as fitment might be an issue.
Old 07-26-12, 11:00 AM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

OR you can just buy a CF one if you see one you like ...and paint the CF whatever color you want
Old 01-09-17, 05:52 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Bumping this up to see if anyone has paint matched a Tom's rep obsidian.

Carbon on black doesnt really stand out at all, so am considering just paint matching a diffuser and trunk spoiler. I can't find it now, but there was actually an ABS rep on eBay for a while. Would be perfect, more so than the FRP one on there now. Might as well just get carbon if your going to deal with glass.
Old 01-10-17, 01:22 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Bumping this up to see if anyone has paint matched a Tom's rep obsidian.

Carbon on black doesnt really stand out at all, so am considering just paint matching a diffuser and trunk spoiler. I can't find it now, but there was actually an ABS rep on eBay for a while. Would be perfect, more so than the FRP one on there now. Might as well just get carbon if your going to deal with glass.
One of the great So Cal IS F photographers @quarius took this shot of me and kzlflash. I have a molded WALD trunk spoiler with the WALD rear diffuser, while he has the paint-matched Obsidian Tom's rear diffuser following an incident that left him choosing to paint it as opposed to leaving the CF exposed.

Old 01-10-17, 05:11 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

The Aerofunction has a horrible fit. I have one and I couldn't get it to fit. It's sitting up i n the loft gathering dust.
The following users liked this post:
Kojak77 (01-10-17)
Old 01-10-17, 09:45 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

I color matched the S4play diffuser, sort of

Lou
Attached Thumbnails Color-matched rear diffuser-new-lights.jpg  
Old 01-10-17, 04:53 PM
vpspecialk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where is the best place to purchase the Toms rep rear diffuser? Is the one off ebay the only seller?
Old 01-10-17, 05:07 PM
geero
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Try josh at Meraki or Lou at Mod In Japan, both are forum vendors who orders from Tom's Japan regularly.

Quick Reply: Color-matched rear diffuser