IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

EGR Delete - has anybody looked into this?

Old 07-12-12, 08:07 PM
mishkinm5
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
No there isn't anything specifically used for EGR besides the cam timing. Nothing. Nowhere in the service manual or the new car features is there any mention of EGR control outside of cam timing. Just because Nissan decided to do it their way does not mean Toyota is doing the same thing, especially when you consider EGR on a boosted engine vs. an NA engine.

There is absolutely NOTHING on the 2UR-GSE you can remove to disable EGR.

The thing you are referring to with multiple FUEL lines and a connector is the purge system for the evaporative emissions.
I stand corrected.

Last edited by mishkinm5; 07-13-12 at 07:30 AM.
Old 07-13-12, 11:47 AM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zapa
@DCoolBeans
I think you can kiss your warranty good bye with the addition of headers.

although you might be able to scare the small service rep with your huge muscles.
Lexus warrantied my car for issues when I had intake, headers and exhaust. They said bolt ons usually dont effect warranty unless its the blatent cause.

~Dv8
Old 07-13-12, 01:54 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dv8tion388
Lexus warrantied my car for issues when I had intake, headers and exhaust. They said bolt ons usually dont effect warranty unless its the blatent cause.

~Dv8
Thats great. Im so glad to hear that. what problems did you have?
Old 07-13-12, 03:39 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,835 Likes on 2,324 Posts

Hold up on that car wash! Not every dealer is mod friendly and many will blame aftermarket parts for things no one could even imagine. So don't just assume YOUR dealership will be cool because another one has been cool for a CL member.

Before assuming anything, build a relationship with your service adviser and ask about how they view aftermarket items for warranty concerns. If you don't ask, you could be very unhappy with the hassle and runaround you get when something breaks and they try to blame it on your aftermarket stuff.
Old 06-04-18, 11:31 PM
Gsxr6k6
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by zapa
@DCoolBeans
I think you can kiss your warranty good bye with the addition of headers.

although you might be able to scare the small service rep with your huge muscles.
only if the cause of damage was due to the installation of a non genuine lexus part will the warranty not cover. I don't see what damage headers would do?

Hold up on that car wash! Not every dealer is mod friendly and many will blame aftermarket parts for things no one could even imagine. So don't just assume YOUR dealership will be cool because another one has been cool for a CL member.

Before assuming anything, build a relationship with your service adviser and ask about how they view aftermarket items for warranty concerns. If you don't ask, you could be very unhappy with the hassle and runaround you get when something breaks and they try to blame it on your aftermarket stuff.
It's not the dealership that is responsible for warranty work approvals. That would be company who sold you the warranty. If it's a manufacturer warranty the the manufacturer is the one to approve the work. The dealer is just that, a dealership. They are not the manufacturer.

Last edited by Jeff Lange; 06-06-18 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-05-18, 11:00 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by Gsxr6k6
It's not the dealership that is responsible for warranty work approvals. That would be company who sold you the warranty. If it's a manufacturer warranty the the manufacturer is the one to approve the work. The dealer is just that, a dealership. They are not the manufacturer.
It's their responsibility to request it in the first place, and if you don't have a good relationship with your SA, it will never get past the dealer to show up for the manufacturer to consider.

Why the necro thread posts?
Old 06-06-18, 08:33 AM
Gsxr6k6
Driver School Candidate

It's their responsibility to request it in the first place, and if you don't have a good relationship with your SA, it will never get past the dealer to show up for the manufacturer to consider.

Why the necro thread posts?
I suppose??? If that's the case and a service rep or who ever is being a douchebag and won't fix you can under warranty go somewhere else. Warranty repairs are not limited to only Lexus. I know because I just got warranty work done with my bolt on parts and it. Who ever does the repairs gets paid from the warranty so it's in their best interest to get an approval. Sadly I've been through this process more than a couple times.
Old 06-06-18, 10:31 AM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Who ever does the repairs gets paid from the warranty so it's in their best interest to get an approval.
While they do get paid to do warranty work, generally, the hours paid are a fraction of Customer Pay for doing the same work.
Old 06-06-18, 10:55 AM
Gsxr6k6
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by broken_tsi
While they do get paid to do warranty work, generally, the hours paid are a fraction of Customer Pay for doing the same work.
That is correct.

I just picked up an F last year and was looking at small mods that would improve the life of the engine and came across some videos about EGR. I've never heard of this on IS models. Isn't it the same thing as the pcv system?

Last edited by Jeff Lange; 06-06-18 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-06-18, 11:50 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 580 Likes on 390 Posts

I just picked up an F last year and was looking at small mods that would improve the life of the engine and came across some videos about EGR. I've never heard of this on IS models. Isn't it the same thing as the pcv system?
No, the PCV and EGR systems are unrelated, and as was said earlier in this thread, the IS F does not have a separate EGR system of any kind.

Jeff
The following users liked this post:
lobuxracer (06-06-18)
Old 06-06-18, 09:24 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

I suppose??? If that's the case and a service rep or who ever is being a douchebag and won't fix you can under warranty go somewhere else. Warranty repairs are not limited to only Lexus. I know because I just got warranty work done with my bolt on parts and it. Who ever does the repairs gets paid from the warranty so it's in their best interest to get an approval. Sadly I've been through this process more than a couple times.
Originally Posted by broken_tsi
Do you suppose the dealerships don't talk to each other? That would be a really bad assumption.