IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Dealer Experience…. Columbus Ohio

Old 07-02-12, 04:40 PM
andysvette
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Experience…. Columbus Ohio

Does anyone have prior experience with Germain Lexus of Easton, Columbus Ohio?

I am thinking of taking an 8hr road trip down Columbus Ohio to take a look at the 2011 Matador ISF that’s in the showroom. But before I make the long trip I thought I would put some feelers out before I arrive down there. I would hate to drive all the way for them to lowball on my trade and I come home empty handed.

Any feedback would be great!!
Old 07-02-12, 11:22 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by andysvette

I am thinking of taking an 8hr road trip down Columbus Ohio to take a look at the 2011 Matador ISF that’s in the showroom. But before I make the long trip I thought I would put some feelers out before I arrive down there. I would hate to drive all the way for them to lowball on my trade and I come home empty handed.

I goto Germain Lexus of Dublin. which is 20 minutes west but same owners. I've received great service there.
Old 07-04-12, 05:35 AM
mondo540
Driver

I had an F and had it serviced there a few times but bought mine elsewhere....I tried to test drive a pre-owned F from Germain in Dec. a few yrs back and they would not let me take it out (with salesman going along, btw) ...it was cold, not snowy....so I got to sit in it and start it up and I looked at the salesman and said...really? I am ready to buy but I need to drive the car...they lost that sale.

the Germain brothers have a lock on the columbus market....own a lot of dealerships, and the only 2 Lexus dealerships in town...My take is if they know you drove from Wisonsin to look at an F, they are going to rip you...who drives 11 hrs to not buy right? At least go close to the end of the month if you can when they may need a sale....

I would suggest at least talking to Doug Greenup of Lexus Of Dayton first (which is about 1 hr away from columbus) just to see if he has anything...I bought my F there a few yrs ago and it is a smaller Lexus dealer but Doug is a F guru and car guy...I had a way better experience going there than I did Germain. But he may not have the car you want...others out of town have also purchased from Doug...worth a shot and I hope he still works there...it's been a few yrs...

Just my 2 cents..
Old 07-04-12, 05:31 PM
andysvette
Driver

Thanks a lot!! Appreciate the info.
Old 07-04-12, 06:27 PM
STGSC400
Pole Position

Their was that Black 2011 in Milwaukee! Did you see it? I looked at it a few weeks ago when i was in town. Clean Clean car.
Old 07-04-12, 10:13 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

I saw that ISF when I was there to buy my 13 LX570, that one is clean and just like brand new, no rock chips or any thing, that one was driving by a golfer ( which they told me) but that one is clean, i think that one has 4k miles and ask for like 56K? you call and ask for Asol, he is an african sale man, he is very cool, and you can deal with him over the phone before you drive over, good luck

Old 07-04-12, 10:15 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

first you deal with them for how much you want to pay on the ISF? then tell them what you have for trade in and see what they come up with
Old 07-05-12, 03:29 AM
andysvette
Driver

Originally Posted by STGSC400
Their was that Black 2011 in Milwaukee! Did you see it? I looked at it a few weeks ago when i was in town. Clean Clean car.
I did.... The thing is in rough shape. The inside is trashed, the seats are all stained and the out side is not much better.
Old 07-05-12, 06:51 AM
andysvette
Driver

Originally Posted by ohiois350
I saw that ISF when I was there to buy my 13 LX570, that one is clean and just like brand new, no rock chips or any thing, that one was driving by a golfer ( which they told me) but that one is clean, i think that one has 4k miles and ask for like 56K? you call and ask for Asol, he is an african sale man, he is very cool, and you can deal with him over the phone before you drive over, good luck
Thanks for the condition report I was told the same thing "the car was leased by a profesional golfer"

I am currently dealing with Eric Holdorf, he seems decent.. So Far.. They really want me to come down, I think I will make him wait until the end of the month.
Old 07-05-12, 09:19 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Thanks for the condition report I was told the same thing "the car was leased by a profesional golfer"

I am currently dealing with Eric Holdorf, he seems decent.. So Far.. They really want me to come down, I think I will make him wait until the end of the month.
yeah, the end of the month is a good time to deal like they told me they need 60 vehicles by every month, and that ISF is like new one