IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Greddy Titanium exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-12, 09:58 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me
Famous last words....did you hear bout the recall for 2012 cars?
Are you trying to jinx me!!?? Im going to wear a garlic necklace to keep your bad jujus away! I haven't looked into any of the recalls. What was it?
Old 06-13-12, 10:04 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would rather get headers and Joe Z/ISS exhaust for that price...
Old 06-13-12, 10:07 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Header and joez and intake over that exhaust and get triple the hp gain and the sounds much better too.
Old 06-13-12, 10:18 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ndGF
Are you trying to jinx me!!?? Im going to wear a garlic necklace to keep your bad jujus away! I haven't looked into any of the recalls. What was it?
It's probably in the mail....
Old 06-13-12, 11:00 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ndGF
I hope he's just messing around bout the recall... Gonna make me wanna call the dealer right now and check LOL
Old 06-14-12, 02:35 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me
Modify? You can barely do anything to it....all the M3s, all have crazy mods available.
Like what the supercharger kits for $20k+ and a $4k exhaust lol? Nothing is cheap for an M3.
Old 06-14-12, 03:58 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Better route- ISS/JoeZ/Borla exhaust + headers + fill up half a tank of gas
Old 06-14-12, 04:08 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Im with you DCoolBeans, all those parts would be money worth spent IMO and it would gain better performance/hp than just an exhaust upgrade alone
Old 06-14-12, 06:14 AM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i want it becaise it look soo damm sexy.
Old 06-14-12, 06:17 AM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zojirushi

Why is there such a dip in power near 130 to 140 mph. It's a bit disconcerting considering the price of the exhaust. What would cause such a thing? Is it the design decision to use a H-crossover rather than a X-crossover? I need some additional justification to get this over something like a Joe-Z or a Borla cat back. Thanks for any information/advice.
Seriously, how often do you hit 130 - 140 mph to even notice that dip? I doubt that you'll even feel the max gain of 16 hp over the stock exhaust. IMO, aftermarket exhausts (with the exception of headers) mostly make the car louder. Any gains are relatively small and won't be felt even in spirited driving.
Old 06-14-12, 06:53 AM
zojirushi
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mugenh22a4
Seriously, how often do you hit 130 - 140 mph to even notice that dip? I doubt that you'll even feel the max gain of 16 hp over the stock exhaust. IMO, aftermarket exhausts (with the exception of headers) mostly make the car louder. Any gains are relatively small and won't be felt even in spirited driving.
I didn't choose to ask about the range of 130-140mph because I intend to go that fast, but it just happened to be the graph's x-axis. The wheel speed corresponds to the engines speed. In other words, I'm asking why there's just a power discrepancy near the top of the rpm range where the same issue does not seem to be prevalent on other manufacturer's exhausts.
Old 06-14-12, 10:39 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by mugenh22a4
Whereas weight is felt in spirited driving. Nothing makes a car more nimble then weight. Adding power does not win races and in some cases disrrupts the dynamics of the car.
Dyno date is not absolute but as human beings we want some relative unit to compare things with for a basis. I like a tuned sounding exhaust vs a domestic V8 sound anyday.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 06-14-12, 01:35 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by zojirushi
Does any one have this particular exhaust or have some insight on it? I'm compelled to the fact that it's constructed from titanium and the weight reduction benefits of it but I cannot get over the the dyno sheet Greddy produced on their site.

For reference, you can find their dyno test sheet here:

http://greddy-usa.blogspot.com/2011/...sf-owners.html

Why is there such a dip in power near 130 to 140 mph. It's a bit disconcerting considering the price of the exhaust. What would cause such a thing? Is it the design decision to use a H-crossover rather than a X-crossover? I need some additional justification to get this over something like a Joe-Z or a Borla cat back. Thanks for any information/advice.
I have this exhaust and love it (using OEM exhaust tips although the GReddy tips look better than all of the similar exhaust tips by quite a margin, IMO). Everything from the looks, weight reduction, quality and craftsmanship, fitment and, of course, the sound. Yes, it's expensive, but I'm not sure what guys are expecting with a 100% titanium exhaust. Try to find another 100% titanium exhaust with as much metal as required by the IS-F exhaust and you will not come close to the GReddy price. If you can afford it, I say get it and don't look back.

Originally Posted by blitz_714
Header and joez and intake over that exhaust and get triple the hp gain and the sounds much better too.
Have you heard a GReddy exhaust in person?
Old 06-14-12, 01:40 PM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KJH
I have this exhaust and love it (using OEM exhaust tips although the GReddy tips look better than all of the similar exhaust tips by quite a margin, IMO). Everything from the looks, weight reduction, quality and craftsmanship, fitment and, of course, the sound. Yes, it's expensive, but I'm not sure what guys are expecting with a 100% titanium exhaust. Try to find another 100% titanium exhaust with as much metal as required by the IS-F exhaust and you will not come close to the GReddy price. If you can afford it, I say get it and don't look back.

Any pictures of the greddy titanium on your car, Ken?
Old 06-14-12, 01:42 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by KJH

props to you for doing something different. any sound clips??

Quick Reply: Greddy Titanium exhaust