IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

6 months no tire wear - Thanks FIGS!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-12, 06:42 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by meade916
then you must have some magical ISF that nobody else has. Maybe your ISF came stock with adjustable camber, mine didn't. Plus, like i said, you probably didn't lower it that much if you don't have inner tire wear problems. Doesn't look like you lowered it more then .75". Maybe 1".

either way, i have seen posts where people complaining about pre-mature inner tire wear completely stock.....so maybe you have some special stuff nobody has or you don't drive much...or maybe i got an ISF from the bad batch, you know the ones that get negative camber when you lower them.

anyhow, your car looks sick as hell like that. Has a great stance. If you have no inner tire wear, then maybe you don't put the same miles on your ride that i do. OR you didn't lower it that much.
LOL at the sarcastic and smart *** response. You don't need to talk to me like I'm new to the scene or this is my first car. No its not a "magical" ISF and your car is at max a 1/2" lower than mine. And i drive my car plenty including 3 trips back and forth to Cali just this year. Its called a proper alignment after installing coilovers. And you can actually see from two if your own pics that the outside edges of your tires aren't even making contact with the road. If the line was from tire dressing it would have worn off if you drive your car much at all...

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Camber is rarely the biggest problem. Incorrect toe wears out inside and outside edges faster than anything unless you've got more than 2.5 degrees of camber.

I'd tell you to ask Jake at Radial Tire Service on Cottage Way, but he's retired now. He knows more about alignment than anyone else I knew in Sactown.
And this is the truth right here. Improper toe is what wears out tires fast, not negative camber unless its very excessive. My SC 300 has -4 camber rear and -3.2 front and the tires barely started to show wear after a year.
Old 06-11-12, 08:11 PM
g35cali
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Huh? My car has been much lower than stock for over a year. Might wanna know your info first. Why would I post if my car was stock height? That wouldn't make much sense.

That thing is sitting nice...too clean
Old 06-11-12, 09:39 PM
meade916
Lead Lap

LOL at the sarcastic and smart *** response. You don't need to talk to me like I'm new to the scene or this is my first car. No its not a "magical" ISF and your car is at max a 1/2" lower than mine. And i drive my car plenty including 3 trips back and forth to Cali just this year. Its called a proper alignment after installing coilovers. And you can actually see from two if your own pics that the outside edges of your tires aren't even making contact with the road. If the line was from tire dressing it would have worn off if you drive your car much at all...

And this is the truth right here. Improper toe is what wears out tires fast, not negative camber unless its very excessive. My SC 300 has -4 camber rear and -3.2 front and the tires barely started to show wear after a year.

my car was aligned the same day i lowered it. Bad camber even with proper toe, will cause inner tire wear i don't give a shi#t what anyone here says.

you say -4 camber rear and -3.2 in the front? that is FOR SURE inner tire wear for everyone.....except you - because you have the magical cars.

btw: 1/2" is a LOT. If i raised my car 1/2" camber issues would be a lot less of a problem. I am probably at least 3/4 to an inch lower then you are (in the rear). You have 10.5's, i couldn't do that without raising my car up. Like i said 3 times, for you to not have tire wear, you must not have lowered your's that much, and i was right.

oh and "LOL" at you trying to examine the dust on my tires for road contact. I have - 0.2 camber in the rear, and it was done by Lexus.

Last edited by meade916; 06-11-12 at 09:51 PM.
Old 06-11-12, 09:50 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

you are an idiot.
my car was aligned the same day i lowered it. Bad camber even with proper toe, will cause inner tire wear i don't give a shi#t what anyone here says.

you say -4 camber rear and -3.2 in the front? that is FOR SURE inner tire wear for everyone.....except you - because you have the magical cars.

btw: 1/2" is a LOT. If i raised my car 1/2" camber issues would be a lot less of a problem. Like i said, you must not have lowered your's that much, and i was right.
I'm an idiot LOL! Guess that makes you captain of the retards dude bro. Your not right about anything honestly. Maybe your flat bill hat is too tight on your head and you might wanna lay off the Keystone Ice cans before you post. Go back to making your "magical" youtube videos, thats all you normally post anyway. And I can already tell you don't give a sh#t what anyone says, thats your main problem. Your right about everything man.

And nope, no camber wear. Must be a "magical picture though cause your the smartest dude bro on the internet haha

Old 06-11-12, 10:09 PM
meade916
Lead Lap

I'm an idiot LOL! Guess that makes you captain of the retards dude bro. Your not right about anything honestly. Maybe your flat bill hat is too tight on your head and you might wanna lay off the Keystone Ice cans before you post. Go back to making your "magical" youtube videos, thats all you normally post anyway. And I can already tell you don't give a sh#t what anyone says, thats your main problem. Your right about everything man.

And nope, no camber wear. Must be a "magical picture though cause your the smartest dude bro on the internet haha
you can talk all the **** you want, i am 100% right. Or Maybe i had bad tires that only wear on the inside because they were designed wrong. Maybe the Pirelli's i just replaced in the front from -2.8 camber and perfect toe, with the inside wore out were just poorly designed. Just like the nitto's were that did the same thing. The rear's of the nitto's were COMPLETELY hashed with just basic driving @ -3deg camber until i fixed it.

anyway, whats up with you trying to make **** personal? If i knew what you looked like i could pick you to pieces. Talking down on my youtube channel is kind of silly considering i have 113,000 subscribers and 115,000,000 video views. I had a job for 20 years, a GOOD ONE.......and i was able to quit due to my youtube stats and what comes with that.
Old 06-11-12, 11:37 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 06-11-12, 11:47 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

you can talk all the **** you want, i am 100% right. Or Maybe i had bad tires that only wear on the inside because they were designed wrong. Maybe the Pirelli's i just replaced in the front from -2.8 camber and perfect toe, with the inside wore out were just poorly designed. Just like the nitto's were that did the same thing. The rear's of the nitto's were COMPLETELY hashed with just basic driving @ -3deg camber until i fixed it.

anyway, whats up with you trying to make **** personal? If i knew what you looked like i could pick you to pieces. Talking down on my youtube channel is kind of silly considering i have 113,000 subscribers and 115,000,000 video views. I had a job for 20 years, a GOOD ONE.......and i was able to quit due to my youtube stats and what comes with that.
Cool story bro, your 100% right in your head. Good for you, glad your full of yourself. I'm sure you love picking people to pieces, you seem like that kinda dude. And honestly your numbers on youtube mean nothing, its a free site lol. Its not like your making money off of it. I'm sure there are people half your age with more subscribers than you have. Lots of people have good jobs including me, whats your point? Did you actually serve your country, or just been busy making money for yourself?
Old 06-12-12, 05:38 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

Cool story bro, your 100% right in your head. Good for you, glad your full of yourself. I'm sure you love picking people to pieces, you seem like that kinda dude. And honestly your numbers on youtube mean nothing, its a free site lol. Its not like your making money off of it. I'm sure there are people half your age with more subscribers than you have. Lots of people have good jobs including me, whats your point? Did you actually serve your country, or just been busy making money for yourself?
wait a minute jackhole, you were the one getting personal trying to pick on my appearance......i said if i knew what you looked like i could easily pick you to pieces. Don't try to turn this around on me. Its prettty obvious by your post you have mental issues.
Not only do you have mental issues, but you aren't the brightest bulb in the cluster. "Its not like your making money off youtube"...... You better google "youtube partner" and then go sit in your corner and shut your mouth like mommy used to, and probably still tells you. You can save the "serving the country" card. All you guys always bring that up whenever you are backed into a corner. And hell yes i have been busy making money for myself AND my family......life is good. Any more questions you crazy f()ck?

Last edited by meade916; 06-12-12 at 05:41 AM.
Old 06-12-12, 07:28 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

I don't care who is right or wrong... this is entertaining
Old 06-12-12, 08:55 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

It is entertaining man lol. Look how pissy he's getting. All pissed and butt hurt with his eyes tearing up. Each post makes him sound more like a dumb ****. Bringing up mommy must mean u still have mommy issues. And u must always be backed in corners if that's the only thing you could think of. A 6 year old could have come up with something better post than that. Lucky he's in a free country that he can be this big YouTube hero lol. Seriously what a dumb ***
Old 06-12-12, 09:24 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

Guys knock it off. Either use the ignore list feature or self control, don't expect this to spill over into future threads.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/pro...?do=ignorelist

This is a sticky in a different forum, but it applies here equally

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-is-forum.html