IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF "Friendly" SoCal California Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-12, 10:31 PM
hyb1212id
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ISF "Friendly" SoCal California Dealers

Hi everyone, new to CL. Purchased my Starfire Pearl 08 a few months back. I'm having the "pulls to the right" alignment issue and I wanted to bring it to a knowledgeable dealer. After much research, it seems to be more than your normal alignment job.

I've been to South Bay Lexus but I was not impressed (their knowledge of ISF's were lacking). Does anyone recommend Westminister or Newport Lexus to have this known issue resolved? Any other suggestions on good dealer service nearby (I'm in the South Bay)? Thanks in advance...
Old 06-08-12, 09:11 AM
bradhop15
Driver

I've gone to Newport Lexus before and haven't had any issues with them, but I haven't had them do the alignment issue. My car hasnt had that problem. I did have the leaking water pump problem and they had it done the same day no problem.
Old 06-08-12, 10:56 AM
LBmtb
Driver

Bought and have had my car serviced at Westminster a couple times. Haven't had any issues but also haven't had major service done. The girls who handle service loaners are cute and super friendly too I believe a member here does or used to work there...
Old 06-08-12, 11:49 AM
hyb1212id
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LBmtb
The girls who handle service loaners are cute and super friendly too I
Ha! This is key.
Old 06-08-12, 05:14 PM
silky f
Driver

jim faulk lexus serviced me the past 2 times- okay experience
Old 06-08-12, 05:30 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The guys and gals over at Riverside and Missing Viejo have always been really helpful, plus all the free snacks are a plus :-)
Old 06-08-12, 05:35 PM
ilv1004s
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

kerry from westminister is a member on here
Old 06-08-12, 08:43 PM
shot
Rookie

I've been going to South County Lexus MV. The F is the 4th Lexus I've owned. South County does all my service. Ask for service guy RGD. regards, Shot
Old 06-08-12, 09:43 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd recommend Longo Lexus, ask for Jimmy Thach and let him know you're from Clublexus!
Old 06-08-12, 10:00 PM
black08isf
Driver School Candidate

@hyb1212id : how many miles do you have on your car? because I tried to talk to Longo and Westminster lexus and they are not willing to fix the issue due to the fact alignment warranty is only up to 20k miles. But if you can get it fixed somewhere else, please do let me know.
Old 06-09-12, 09:51 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hyb1212id
Hi everyone, new to CL. Purchased my Starfire Pearl 08 a few months back. I'm having the "pulls to the right" alignment issue and I wanted to bring it to a knowledgeable dealer. After much research, it seems to be more than your normal alignment job.
I know you said it could be more than an alignment job...I don't know anything about this as my car has never pulled to one side. I mean...is something broken??? But, when you do get an alignment, just make sure they use a good alignment rack like one made by Hunter Engineering. They're one of the more higher end alignment systems i think??? I paid a place locally that offers lifetime alignment for $160. I get my car aligned every 6,000 miles ever since my first set of tires had excessive front toe wear after only 25,000 miles.

The IS F has a very "soft" suspension...not soft as in ride quality, but the alignment just goes out of wack fairly easily.

They should be able to get you a nice print out like this. My alignment was perfect before. I had it done maybe.....2 months pervious? Then I went on the canyon cruise through Idyllwild with some of the other F guys and after that, all the alignment was off again after all the hard driving.

The wheel attachments don't "clip" on to the wheels anymore...less potential for damage.
Old 06-10-12, 01:48 PM
black08isf
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Just F Me
I know you said it could be more than an alignment job...I don't know anything about this as my car has never pulled to one side. I mean...is something broken??? But, when you do get an alignment, just make sure they use a good alignment rack like one made by Hunter Engineering. They're one of the more higher end alignment systems i think??? I paid a place locally that offers lifetime alignment for $160. I get my car aligned every 6,000 miles ever since my first set of tires had excessive front toe wear after only 25,000 miles.

The IS F has a very "soft" suspension...not soft as in ride quality, but the alignment just goes out of wack fairly easily.

They should be able to get you a nice print out like this. My alignment was perfect before. I had it done maybe.....2 months pervious? Then I went on the canyon cruise through Idyllwild with some of the other F guys and after that, all the alignment was off again after all the hard driving......
Hey, which shop in socal are you going for your alignment? I might need to do my alignment after new tires installed.
Old 06-10-12, 10:47 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by black08isf
Hey, which shop in socal are you going for your alignment? I might need to do my alignment after new tires installed.
I'm not sure where you're located in Socal...but these guys are located in my city...$160 for LIFETIME alignment. I go back every 6000 miles as I previously posted. They're cool with me so I just tell them "call me when your ready to do my car and i'll drive it right down" I'm in and out in 30 minutes. They do a good job...I watch them when they're aligning my car. You can ask them questions and they'll give you legit answers.

Ramona Tires, Corona, CA
Old 06-10-12, 10:50 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

BTW...our cars don't have Caster adjustment...I've been back a couple times...sometimes the caster value is within spec, sometimes not, it depends on everything else. But as you can see by the print out, my caster value on the right side is BARELY out of spec. I'll bring it back in 6000 miles and it will probably be back within spec.
Old 06-10-12, 10:53 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Some of the 08 has the same problem pulling to the right. perhaps it relates to the subframe ?

Quick Reply: ISF "Friendly" SoCal California Dealers