IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

The Wait is Over: Lexus ISF CCS-R Arrives in the USA (Live Pics & Video from PPIHC)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-12, 02:25 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Actually, I'd like to have the shock tower brace. It's the first one I've seen that shows some real thought about what a brace needs to accomplish.

AFA the catch tank - oil vapor causes detonation because oil's octane is very low. If you're at the track and running hard, there's no way around having oil vapor inside the engine. All the catch can is supposed to do is minimize the oil mist getting into the intake while still permitting the intake to pull fresh air through the crankcase and create a small pressure drop inside the engine. Keeping the engine internally scavenged has a lot of strong points for performance and emissions. The last thing you want is pressure building up inside - you'll blow out seals and drop your entire oil load in a very short amount of time. Ask the Supra owners about this, the front seal on the oil pump is notorious for this on APU 2JZ engines.

Don't bet on a motorsports ready ECM. The specs would make you think they're running a street factory tune on the CCRs (although I have my doubts about it being the OEM maps). I think the message to Toyota has been pretty clear for years - American tuners would really like to be able to work with their platform, but because they've made it impossible to make substantive changes without completely replacing the engine management, few have even tried to make a cost effective solution.

I'll believe Toyota is serious about the public racing their cars when they offer a motorsports ECM. Until then, real tuning is still in the realm of unobtanium.
Old 06-07-12, 02:35 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

What, no sport button?

I'll have those front corner lips, hood, rear valence and that SMEXY carbon front underhood cowl (or whatever its called) delivered to my door, paid for by someone else's Visa. kthx.
Old 06-07-12, 09:24 PM
stick
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the CCS-R wheels (probably $1k each!) and rear diffuser.
Old 06-09-12, 12:31 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by stick
I like the CCS-R wheels (probably $1k each!) and rear diffuser.
The CCS-P wheels remind me of your OZ wheels on our original IS300..

~ Joe Z
Old 06-09-12, 01:12 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Lexus Pikes Peak racer revealed
Meet the 5.0-litre orange terror set to oversteer its way up a mountain next month

Posted by: Vijay Pattni, 07 June 2012 (TopGear UK)

Humans. We're a funny old bunch, if you consider our predicament. A species so seemingly at ease with its mortality, we fashion 1,400kg, 400bhp firecrackers to race up 14,000ft mountains. For fun.

Welcome, Internet, to the Lexus IS-F CCS-R. It is a V8-powered, rear-wheel-drive merchant of orangey-oversteer, and is set to participate in this year's annual ‘race to the clouds' that is the Pikes Peaks International Hillclimb. Lexus has revealed its barest, most naked statistics, and we shall gleefully regale them for your delectation.

So, that engine: it's the standard IS-F's 5.0-litre V8, weighing in at 416bhp and 371lb ft of torque, featuring exciting direct-to-cylinder injection! It's mounted up front, powering the rear wheels, and gets an eight-speed sports auto with paddle shifts.

Gallery: Pics already in this thread..!!

It gets a reinforced monocoque with an integrated roll cage, a carbon fibre bonnet, front wings, front and rear spoiler and even CF door handles. The windows are polycarbonate and even the doors are lightweight. As such, the whole thing measures in at 1400kg - 330kg lighter than the IS-F. For some reference, the road-going IS-F hits 62mph in 4.8 seconds and tops out at 168mph.

Racing brakes with stainless steel hoses sit underneath 18in alloys, and they're kept in a tempestuous relationship with the road via modified race suspension with reinforced bushings and mounts. There's also a racing exhaust. And it's orange.

You probably guessed much of this spec, what with Pikes being a ‘competition' and everything, but we wanted to give you some idea of the knuckle-duster effect the IS-F is packing. It'll be driven in the Exhibition class by Californian rookie Ken Gushi, who will ostensibly spend the entire 12.4 mile race trying not to fall off the edge. Not sure what we're on about? Settle down, grab a cuppa and enjoy the glory that is Ari Vatanen powersliding up Pikes in 1988, below...

So who's going to Colorado for this...???

Enjoy...!!!

Joe Z
Old 06-09-12, 01:33 PM
SILVRLININ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^That is INSANE!
Old 06-09-12, 03:06 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

watch this record braking run up the pikes peak ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=7VAJaZAV-gQ

you won't believe it!
Old 06-09-12, 04:20 PM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Pikes peak world renown for driving skills and vehicles to conquer it.

I would hate to be a spectator sitting on the side if the vehicle goes out of control
Old 06-10-12, 08:01 PM
s2k636
Driver

That is one sexy machine. But why is there 2 speedometer?
Old 06-10-12, 08:32 PM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I hope they produce the plastic trim panel in carbon like it is here as well.

Damn that CF hood looks great yet again. I just can't get enough of it.

Looks great on blue too Hopefully they will release it at a reasonable price instead of that crazy conversion.
Old 06-10-12, 09:41 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

that hood looks mean in any color
Old 06-10-12, 11:00 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Those plastic engine carbon covers, there are members who bought them from a place here in socal who made them, and sell on ebay.
Old 06-11-12, 10:41 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Posted by Lexus on Facebook this morning... !!!

Does it sound as good as it looks? Hear how the IS-F CCS-R performs on its first test run in the U.S.

First Test Run of the ISF CCS-R
  • Hear Brian Smith, VP Lexus Marketing, discuss the engine and modifications to the ISF CCS-R in preparation for Pikes Peak International Hill Climb on July 8. Listen to the powerful engine during its first test run in the U.S.

Enjoy,

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 06-11-12 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-11-12, 11:21 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Arrow

Also, Ken Gushi (Driver) was at Pikes Peak this past weekend w/Lexus USA, actually getting some test runs in, on the Hill..!!!!

Awesome News for sure..!!!

Instagram Photos by "kengushi"

Twitter Photo

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 06-11-12 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-11-12, 11:24 AM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by blitz_714
Those plastic engine carbon covers, there are members who bought them from a place here in socal who made them, and sell on ebay.
I can only find them for the IS250/350 not the IS-F.

Quick Reply: The Wait is Over: Lexus ISF CCS-R Arrives in the USA (Live Pics & Video from PPIHC)