IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

The Wait is Over: Lexus ISF CCS-R Arrives in the USA (Live Pics & Video from PPIHC)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-12, 05:24 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by airvtec
I want that hood from CCS-R. It has the larger vents. Please bring that to the states.
Nice Pics and I am digging the carbon fiber hood, any idea how many pounds are saved with that hood?
Old 06-06-12, 07:03 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

The hood from the CCS-P model catches my eyes. It's subtle, when painted to the body color, but adds an outlet for heat to dissipate from the engine bay. The hood on the CCS-R model is too much for my taste. That horizontal air opening is too large for daily driving or even the occasional track meet. All the parts have their purpose, and I'm really excited to see the US market some of the goodies that Lexus Japan has been incorporating on their Fs. The front splitters add a different look to the car, but I would prefer to have it be a complete lip or even integrated as part of an alternate bumper.Though I see its intended purpose, I do have to agree with some of the members in thinking that this would be all too noticeable for the car. For my use of the F, this would not be an option, but for those who like to track and track often, this will be a great addition. Aerodynamics over aesthetics, some might choose. Even though it's a racing version, lightening the IS F by nearly 700 pounds is commendable in itself
Old 06-06-12, 07:11 PM
DEMIK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

i wanttttttt!!!
Old 06-06-12, 07:21 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know what part Japan should ship over for this car, an ecu that can be cracked
Old 06-06-12, 07:32 PM
lunaC42
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tell them (TRD) they are loved and I want the CCS-R package REAL BAD for my IS F! Finance the package through LFS and I'll buy another IS F to put it on! Girls just wanna have fun!
Old 06-06-12, 11:23 PM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CCS hood reasonable price I'm down
Old 06-06-12, 11:42 PM
gemini1
FNM President

Nice article mr. JZ!
Old 06-07-12, 07:13 AM
IS350atWOT
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
The Front Brake Calipers & Rotors are not OEM.. They are upgraded to a Brembo Race set up for sure...
The Rears are straight up OEM.. (w/ race pads in my opinon)

I personally like their Intake Pipe set up....

~ Joe Z
I like that intake too! I noticed two things: 1.) no wrapping. So apparently they aren't worried about heat soak and aluminum. 2.) Where are the two hoses that connect to the intake (like OEM and JoeZ)? Is that one hose beside the intake? If so, where's the other one?
Old 06-07-12, 07:53 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by IS350atWOT
I like that intake too! I noticed two things: 1.) no wrapping. So apparently they aren't worried about heat soak and aluminum. 2.) Where are the two hoses that connect to the intake (like OEM and JoeZ)? Is that one hose beside the intake? If so, where's the other one?
Well I must be doing something right...

For the Vacuum Lines on this Race Prepped Car, they most likely installed the 2 lines to an exterior catch can..
Opposed to having the intake pipe / throttle body sucking in the vacuum or oil vapors.

~ Joe Z
Old 06-07-12, 08:00 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Well I must be doing something right...

For the Vacuum Lines on this Race Prepped Car, they most likely installed the 2 lines to an exterior catch can..
Opposed to having the intake pipe / throttle body sucking in the vacuum or oil vapors.

~ Joe Z
Exactly what they did. They mounted the setup where the battery usually is.
Old 06-07-12, 08:12 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They don't need to wrap the intake, it's getting enough fresh air from the hood, that big opening goes right where the intake is:

Old 06-07-12, 09:52 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

~ Joe Z
Very nice.

In the Lexus Tech Manual I have it seems that in the valley of the block, there are some nice "filters" that would keep oil from returning back to the fresh intake and fouling the intake manifold with oil.

It seems they feel that maybe that solution does not work as well as it should.

I had planned to make a catch can for my car, however once I read about the above OEM solution I felt it would have been worthless....maybe I was wrong :P
Old 06-07-12, 11:07 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Very nice.

In the Lexus Tech Manual I have it seems that in the valley of the block, there are some nice "filters" that would keep oil from returning back to the fresh intake and fouling the intake manifold with oil.

It seems they feel that maybe that solution does not work as well as it should.

I had planned to make a catch can for my car, however once I read about the above OEM solution I felt it would have been worthless....maybe I was wrong :P
I am pretty sure the OEM application works great for daily driving and the occasional track day...

On a purposeful Race Prepped IS-F like this one, I wouldn't expect anything less than a catch can for the Vacuum Lines..

~ Joe Z
Old 06-07-12, 11:58 AM
Bulls23337
Intermediate

i'll take the hood, front lip, rear diffuser, and intake. thanks!
Old 06-07-12, 01:12 PM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i really hop they produce that hood, the lems hood looks good too

looks like they removed the two stage intake also
battery is prolly in the trunk too

Quick Reply: The Wait is Over: Lexus ISF CCS-R Arrives in the USA (Live Pics & Video from PPIHC)