IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

just a newbie

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-12, 06:00 PM
calvinahhh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just a newbie

Hello fellow IS-F Owners My name is Calvin and I'm very new to this forum. I currently have a 2008 IS-F that sadly its been under R&D for over 6 month now so I still have not driven my beauty for awhile.

I always look around this forum but this is really my first thread. I own a really new noodle joint business out in Fremont, CA and have this amazing parking lot and wanted to see maybe we can hold meets or get together?

I know this is a quite random so please keep hate comments to yourself. I came from the E46 group and I-Club back in the days so I really love the meets and get together. With all new business I haven't been able to really LEAVE this god awe full place I call my restaurant and business has been on and off even though I have quite a good reviews from Yelpers around the area. I hope maybe this can help me so I can keep my beauty =(

I currently host GT-R and EVO, and possible TSX and S2 meets/get together. I think it be awesome to be able to walk outside and see a whole bunch of IS-F and meet all you guys in the SF Bay Area Region. I usually see a blue 09 and what looks like a silver 11 or 12' around my parking lot.

a little info about my R&D is currently in the works with John Reed Racing getting a complete R&D for the vehicle map to run MoTec with a Twin Turbo set up by Artistan. My Old Boss is a close friend of John Reed and had a World Record Timed Supra dragster and he had a set of Artistan Twin Turbo Kit for his IS-F and decided he is going to sell his IS-F and John Reed was up to the task so we used mine as guinea pig. I've been reading no one can remap this car huh?

as of today my IS-F is running on MoTec completely without any issues *knock of wood* I should be getting my numbers soon from the dyno.

Here are some pictures I had of my IS-F before it was shipped out of state for R&D, never really had a real picture of it I was too excited when I picked up this beast.

I'll post updates on this thread and shoot hopefully I get it back soon and we can hold a meet?
Attached Thumbnails just a newbie-img_0632.jpg   just a newbie-img_0649.jpg   just a newbie-img_0636.jpg  
Old 05-14-12, 06:04 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

AH welcome to the club and the quest for more power keep coming lolz
Old 05-14-12, 07:30 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

nice...keep us posted!

Subscribed!
Old 05-14-12, 07:52 PM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wasn't your car at PSI (Portland speed industries)...?. i was there getting my header install and saw another isf there and thought it was stock until my buddy told me to look under and then i was like WOW,,,lol
Old 05-14-12, 07:53 PM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im also down the street from fremont and im down for a meet..
Old 05-14-12, 08:14 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talk to s more about the MoTec...please
Old 05-14-12, 08:20 PM
F4Fast
Pole Position

Holy ****! In for the tune from motec! If this happens, supercharger for sure!!!!
Old 05-14-12, 08:33 PM
boostftw
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by obby
im also down the street from fremont and im down for a meet..
Same plates. Same car since jjr works out of psi. I'm down for a meet plus noodles lol
Old 05-14-12, 08:59 PM
BryanLeISF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by F4Fast
Holy ****! In for the tune from motec! If this happens, supercharger for sure!!!!
Elmer you already know!!!
Old 05-14-12, 09:07 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Is that where John Reed works now? I think I got to meet him once when he used to work at r rev motorsports in portland....

Yes, more info about the motec!
Old 05-15-12, 01:44 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

More info please. Looks good. Keep us updated!
Old 05-15-12, 08:24 AM
Northstar1
Driver School Candidate

Very nice build so far... John Reed is an awesome tuner.. one of the best tuners in the country especially with Motec.. John is well known in the Supra and UGR camp!

I look forward to seeing your build done.
Old 05-15-12, 09:06 AM
meangene4
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Keep us updated on that motec, very exciting news
Old 05-15-12, 10:11 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by boostftw
Same plates. Same car since jjr works out of psi. I'm down for a meet plus noodles lol
Same here! Where in Fremont or what's the restaurant called? I live in Newark so I'm sure your business is only a couple of exits away! Keep me posted!
Old 05-15-12, 01:24 PM
calvinahhh
Driver School Candidate

I will deferentially keep you guys posted once I get my updates from John Reed, its so hard trying to reach that guy!

iH8RICERZ the restaurant is actually called Teo Chow Noodle Shack! come check us out I'm there basically from opening to closing unless I'm running errands for the business. we're located across the street from Tesla where McDonald is located off Fremont Blvd and Cushing Parkway.

obby, do you happen to own a blue isF by any chance? just curious I've seen a blue ISF that goes to mcD drive-thru 4-6 times a week at night haha.

do everyone currently have any meet around the bay area right now? I don't want to steal anyone business. If not I will love to host for all you guys! what are some dates everyone usually free? I'm currently still in the process transforming the noodle shack into a half a quickly joint hopefully within a month once I have everything set up.

Quick Reply: just a newbie