IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

SIKKY Headers came in... Got A Question?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-12, 02:55 PM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jaslapp1
Can a moderator please step in here. Lou you are ridiculous. So you think you know more then the professionals who make race parts for race cars. Please chim in your knowledge. If you know more then them how is that possible. Do you work for PPE? If so I think you should have to pay vendor fees like all the other vendors. Why are you so pressed on taking down sikky. You've presented more then enough of your biased info. Let the people decide. Oh wait they did and the majority choose sikky. I really wish a moderator would jump in cause this is really getting out of hand. I use to love this forum. Not anymore. Expressing your opinion is fine. But attacking a company over and over is a bit excessive. No matter who the company anyone who does anything to improve our community should be embrassed.
I don't see how he is attacking the company

i also agree that sikky headers are no a quality product
Old 05-16-12, 02:56 PM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx

Passenger side- The Good

Driver Side- The Bad
Sorry but they are inconsistent as shown in these pics which are taken almost at the same angle
Old 05-16-12, 05:13 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Both options have been available for over a year, detailed pics have been posted plenty of times, if people went one way or the other I'm sure they did their homework beforehand. That doesn't change the fact that CJ's pictures above show a product that to my eyes was homemade (and not by pros). Still they've produced great numbers (HP) which shows a good design, they just need to polish their finishing skills.
Old 05-16-12, 06:42 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DCoolBeans
^ Slay: Who's doing your install? Price?
Not sure yet. Probably going to be the same shop that installs the rods/pistons/headstuds ets
Originally Posted by melbitoast
Holy crap, bro! I cannot wait to see what you can do with the headers on too!!!

You think sub-11s is possible with a 125 shot?
Very possible! Going to be difficult in south florida, but well see how well the car does next winter.

Originally Posted by Juanca
Both options have been available for over a year, detailed pics have been posted plenty of times, if people went one way or the other I'm sure they did their homework beforehand. That doesn't change the fact that CJ's pictures above show a product that to my eyes was homemade (and not by pros). Still they've produced great numbers (HP) which shows a good design, they just need to polish their finishing skills.
Im not going to lie, it really looks like a 5 year old did the wields. Do I think that the headers are going to do their job??? Most Definitely! But I will say that the quality is worse than I expected.
Old 05-17-12, 05:40 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
But I will say that the quality is worse than I expected.
However, if they seal OK-> no leaks and no CELS then the quality issue will become moot. The PPE headers look nicer prior to install, but after the install, you can't see the darn things anyway, so if (as has been posted a gazillion times) the performance is essentially the same then we all need not get our panties in a bunch over this (IMO).

Looking forward to your new numbers!
Old 05-17-12, 06:41 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

You can't see a lot of things in the car but its DAMN good to know that you have a quality piece on your car and that you don't need to worry about ****ty welds breaking.
Old 05-17-12, 07:04 PM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanGTS
You can't see a lot of things in the car but its DAMN good to know that you have a quality piece on your car and that you don't need to worry about ****ty welds breaking.
How many ****ty welds have broken?
Old 05-17-12, 07:16 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

LOL. At the end of the day, it's each one's of us own car and we choose to do what we please.

What makes sense to me is minimizing the risk something will go wrong years down the line specially considering it costs a lot of time and money to fix it if something does go wrong.
Old 05-17-12, 07:24 PM
silk
Driver School Candidate

Amen, sikky or ppe do what you like. It's your money.
Old 05-17-12, 07:46 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

This thread has swayed me to PPE..
Old 05-17-12, 07:50 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I'll be getting Sikky headers at some point in the not so distant future. Personally I could care less what the headers look like as long as they have a solid track record for freeing up lots of power, sealing well, and lasting a long time (and no CEL).
Old 05-17-12, 10:10 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chris6878
How many ****ty welds have broken?
Time will tell!
Old 05-18-12, 07:43 AM
JE
Former Sponsor

As we stated earlier the design/welds are on purpose and are a proven design with the headers. We don't want to start some sort of flame war here, but these are simply the facts. The PPE design is completely different than the SIKKY product. If you are interested in buying SIKKY headers from us and/or more information on them feel free to pm or contact us at the shop.

Thank you all for the support.
Old 05-18-12, 09:18 AM
rtr01
Rookie

Alright its about time I step in here. My SIKKY headers were garbage from the moment I received them. The pictures with stock gaskets lined up on the headers with the raised wells are mine. The raised portion was no where near making contact with the gaskets in quite a few places due to the ridiculous variations of the weld height and width. The ports on the block are actually quite close to the size of the gaskets. JE stop saying it was your original design. That may be the case but your design has one flaw. INCONSISTECY! The gaskets are only so squeezeable, and if you have even 1mm of your raised weld sitting inside the diameter of the gasket, you CANNOT crush it far enough to make a seal because these gaskets are not crushable. This raised weld would be a good idea if they were PERFECTLY MATCHING THE GASKETS, but they aren't, not even hope and a prayer close. Flat flanges will have a better success rate because of the compressible gaskets AND because there are already 2 bolts per port holding them down. Did you see how tight the stock manifolds were when you took them off? I was able to break each nut with a 6" flatwrench and a few fingers supplying the force. They were not tight at all. The gaskets will not cover more surface area when it is flattened to the thickness of paper as you are suggesting they need to be because of the uneven welds. You will strip the block before you can apply the force needed. So therefore, you will have leaks. This is why I spent over 8 hours filing and planning down each flange before I even thought about installing them. Then I ported the inlets because they were too small. I would never, ever buy SIKKY headers again if the looked like this. End of rant. Nevermind that I had to custom bend the already custom bent dipstick
Old 05-18-12, 09:23 AM
rtr01
Rookie

Because the dipstick didn't line up properly and would have leaked like it did on my friends ISF. And the O2 sensor holes are poorly located because the wires are so tight and you have to take the bracket off the block and leave it hang if you want it to reach on the passenger side. Also you can easily use the stock studs and nuts because SIKKY only sent me 15 bolts. And they are a real treat to try to get started even with the stock studs.
How's that for a SIKKY bash? Quality control? There is none. I can only see the reason they want the headache of installing them at their shop is to hide all the bull**** and headaches that comes with it.

Quick Reply: SIKKY Headers came in... Got A Question?