IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My 2012 IS-F Wheels has been Stolen

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-12, 10:19 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Damn! That's horrible! Bu wheel locks alone won't do the job. Thieves will use all measures necessary to jack someone else's rims. My first recommendation would be, if possible, to park it inside a structure or garage. I'd also have a security system that directly monitors your drivepath. It might seem excessive, but it sure beats feeling the way you felt when you came out this morning. Sorry this had to happen to you, especially with it being F wheels.
Old 04-24-12, 10:46 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

That sucks! Ive seen pics like that way too many times.
Old 04-25-12, 12:04 AM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wait if the insurance is going to pay you $7k wont that jack up ur premium??
Old 04-25-12, 12:05 AM
wsMB
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sigh* sorry about that man. are isf's really targets for this kinda crap now? on the other hand as a couple others have pointed out. our cars are pretty rare as is. making our wheels just as rare as our cars. especially for us '11 and '12 guys. im glad insurance is taking care of you. but if you ever see them rolling around. im SURE they will stick out to you.
Old 04-25-12, 05:15 AM
swirvin
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cyster2007
It look like a good idea, but is it hard to install it?

For some reason, my car doesn,t come with the oem wheel lock. As I see many comment, You guy think I should consider the alarm system better than the wheel lock?

Also my insurance company(Geico) is gonna to fix my car with the oem wheels and tire, they didn't ask me for just paying the money.

Any more suggestion for the protecting the wheel? I don't want to see it again,lol
I would go to a reputable car stereo shop to have them install the 2way alarm w/ digital tilt sensor professionally. Installing yourself is possible depending on your skills and if you have access to the wiring schematics like on directtechs.com. I think its your best option to protect your car and wheels that won't break the bank.
Old 04-25-12, 05:41 AM
cyster2007
Rookie

Originally Posted by swirvin
I would go to a reputable car stereo shop to have them install the 2way alarm w/ digital tilt sensor professionally. Installing yourself is possible depending on your skills and if you have access to the wiring schematics like on directtechs.com. I think its your best option to protect your car and wheels that won't break the bank.
Thanks, I will install after I pickup my car, also will install in my G37 too
Old 04-25-12, 05:50 AM
cyster2007
Rookie

http://allentown.craigslist.org/pts/2976619991.html

Guy,is it look like my wheel?
Old 04-25-12, 05:54 AM
swirvin
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Damn that's cheap! Those probably are yours, but not sure how you could prove it. You could call the cops to see if they would investigate it. If they weren't yours I'd buy them to just re-sell them to make a profit.

They have to be yours, how many people own a 2012 ISF in your area who would be selling there factory wheels that cheap. I would call the cops and tell them you know that there yours and see what they say.
Old 04-25-12, 06:35 AM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

Wow, I haven't seen a car on cynderblocks in forever.
Look towards the bright side, excuse for flashier aftermarket wheels ^_^
Old 04-25-12, 08:30 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow that definitely looks like your wheels...this thief is an idiot. And you can tell by the post, they are 2012 ISF wheels NOT 2011, ISF isn't listed anywhere. Also "fits toyota five hole cars"? Really?

Even if he's selling ONE tire/rim for $800 you know it's him who stole your wheels cause he's making 100% profit off them.

This is what you could do...
1) Call the guy and say you're interested in the wheels.
2) Call the cops, show them pics of your car on blocks
3) Take your G37 and the cop with you to pick up the wheels

Hopefully the cop can take care of things from there.

Last edited by VtotheJ; 04-25-12 at 08:50 AM.
Old 04-25-12, 08:50 AM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PurduePete
It is a blessing in disguise IMHO. The reimbursement for those OEM wheels will be more than enough for some high end rims. At $7K, you're definitely in the market for not only style, but performance wheels like: HRE, BBS, Volks and others..

I imagine who ever stole your wheels must either be an F addict (can't afford F, so gotta have F wheels), or amateur thief. Who would steal OEM wheels?

If put up for sale, who would buy OEM wheels from/for an F?? The F wheels are so unique to the F, that it would look very very fugly? Sure if the F wheel was chrome or gold then I can understand it can be open to other markets of people.

At this point, I just don't know who would be in the market for F stocks wheels other than another F. Maybe that's it? Someone who wants to trade in their F is getting low-ball offer from the dealer so he/she is saving their aftermarket wheels.

If you’re getting reimburse from the insurance company and you don’t get aftermarket wheels, it would be a mistake.
+1, I wish someone would steal my wheels. I'd be without a car for a little bit but in the end, my car would look B.A. courtesy of the insurance company!
Old 04-25-12, 08:54 AM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Those are most definitely YOUR wheels. Call the cops and they'll set up a sting operation.
Old 04-25-12, 09:08 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Oh, I so hope you are able to get the cops on board to nail this guy. The ad is SO fishy. He has no idea what the value of those wheels are or even the model/year of the car is. He doesn't even know the front and rear are different sizes, only lists 255.

DEFINITELY call the cops!

makes me wonder if there is value in having the cars VIN etched into your wheels (backside)

Last edited by UCrazyKid; 04-25-12 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-25-12, 09:19 AM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

You can prove it your wheels if you park next to it and your wheel sensor light goes off. But you gotta make sure the dealer hasnt yet to reprogram your new set.
Old 04-25-12, 09:29 AM
Toymota
Pole Position

Originally Posted by laobo979
You can prove it your wheels if you park next to it and your wheel sensor light goes off. But you gotta make sure the dealer hasnt yet to reprogram your new set.
Damn. Sorry to the OP that it happened to you.

But yeah, this could get exciting. Your car would be programmed to the original TPMS sensors in your wheels, so if they match you've nailed the thief.

You need to get the police and dealer (to make sure they don't overwrite the TPMS sensor information) involved immediately

Last edited by Toymota; 04-25-12 at 09:33 AM.

Quick Reply: My 2012 IS-F Wheels has been Stolen