ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS F (2008-2014) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014-200/)
-   -   PPE header question (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/627676-ppe-header-question.html)

Weapon F 04-04-12 10:54 AM

PPE header question

how noticeable are PPEe headers with high flow cats installed on them? From under side of car like wheih you have the car on left

flowrider 04-04-12 11:15 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Looks like this.

Lou

Evil Teo 04-04-12 12:14 PM

get them in black dave, it will blend in.

Evil Teo 04-04-12 12:15 PM

let me know how the install goes and the cost.

Joe Z 04-04-12 01:33 PM

FYI for All...

Hey Dave... Hope all is well.. :)

IF you get CAT's, they wont go on the headers at all..
You have to modify your exhaust X-Pipe to fit in a pair of quality aftermarket CAT's, that won't burn up.. ;)

~ Joe Z

flowrider 04-04-12 02:07 PM

^^^^Joe I think my pict showed what you said:confused: Or should I be reading something else into your answer:confused:

Lou

Joe Z 04-04-12 02:28 PM

FYI for All...

Originally Posted by lowrideraz (Post 7136717)
^^^^Joe I think my pict showed what you said:confused: Or should I be reading something else into your answer:confused:

Lou

No Lou.. Your picture is spot on.. :thumbup:

Sometimes words also makes things much clearer to understand as well..

I answered Dave's "PPE header question" with detailed words.. ;)

~ Joe Z

Weapon F 04-04-12 04:46 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Hey, Joe, Lou and Theo

Thanks for the quick reply you guys are great, and that picture is perfect Lou it's true what they say sometimes picture is worth thousands words lol. Here is my dilemma I order my set of PPE headers in polish unfortunately due to slight mix up when they arrived they were in black instead of polish. I spoke to folks at PPE they immediately told they would re coat at no cost and send them back to me next day air what a straight up vendor and what to acknowledge there great customer service and support to our community.

The problem for me is timing due certain circumstance I need to have the headers in my hands by Monday which may not happen so I trying to move thing around and see what I can do. That why put question out there if you could see headers after install and your right Theo black may be more of stock or stealth look.

Theo I'll pm you cost of install, the shop I'm using is AfterEx in CT here some pics of rides they work on. This will be second ISF they've done I'm pretty confident they can handle this install what do you think

Attachment 241959
1200hp twin turbo
Attachment 241960

Attachment 241961
pro charger challenger
Attachment 241962

Attachment 241963

jleonard71 04-04-12 11:11 PM

Question - someone mentioned in another thread that installing headers will void your warranty (either standard or extended), is this true? I don't see how making your exhaust system breath better could void your warranty in any way. And besides, I thought there was a law stating that they can only refuse warranty work if the problem is a direct result of the modification.

ERDoc74 04-05-12 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by jleonard71 (Post 7138008)
Question - someone mentioned in another thread that installing headers will void your warranty (either standard or extended), is this true? I don't see how making your exhaust system breath better could void your warranty in any way. And besides, I thought there was a law stating that they can only refuse warranty work if the problem is a direct result of the modification.

I beleive that was a member from Dubai and the "sheik" who owned the lexus dealership pretty much gets to write the rules there... and obviousy US laws regarding warranty/mod issues does not apply there. ;)

VtotheJ 04-05-12 08:43 AM

^ jleonard brings up a good point, I also wondered this. Can anyone chime in on whether it voids warranty?

jleonard71 04-05-12 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by ERDoc74 (Post 7138677)
I beleive that was a member from Dubai and the "sheik" who owned the lexus dealership pretty much gets to write the rules there... and obviousy US laws regarding warranty/mod issues does not apply there. ;)

I do remember that conversation, but this is actually what I was referring to. I do see the follow up posts though where it was clarified that they would only void the warranty if the failure was directly related to the mod, though I'm sure the dealer will probably try to look for any way possible to blame it on that. So it's not like headers will void the warranty on your nav screen or anything like that, but if you have problems with something like O2 sensors or your secondary cats then they would most likely not be covered.

flowrider 04-05-12 04:36 PM

^^^^and any emissions warranty goes out the window.

Lou