IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

AudioControl LC2i?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-12, 12:40 PM
DekNgo
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default AudioControl LC2i?

Has anyone added a sub using an AudioControl LC2i? It's supposed to correct the bass roll-off from the factory amp at higher volumes...
Old 03-01-12, 01:04 PM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, you've read my thread about the LC6i. Took some work, but sounds extremely nice now. Their customer support was amazing in helping me with the setup. I mainly had trouble getting a signal from my sub that the LC6i would pick up, but they showed me how to do it. I would reccomend their products, but only have experience with the LC6i.
Old 03-01-12, 01:30 PM
DS2k
Pole Position

I have the LC2i on my sub setup, but I'm not sure I understand your question here. It's a good unit if that's what you're asking... splicing the wires from the factory amp was the trickiest part, but they have threads on here that show you step-by-step instructions on how you do that. send me a pm if you want to talk more about it.
Old 03-01-12, 03:10 PM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Bit ten would bypass all the trouble caused by getting this to work. Plus the bit ten will allow a eq. This will not. In other words. U can't tweak your system with this. All u can do is use the basic eq in the head unit. If your not really a audiophile and sq is not an issue....I say go for the lc6i
Old 03-02-12, 11:00 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is a question for all of you who modified the sound system...

Did you keep your factory audio setup and simply just add an amp, sub, and the LC6i?
Old 03-02-12, 11:15 AM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
This is a question for all of you who modified the sound system...

Did you keep your factory audio setup and simply just add an amp, sub, and the LC6i?
I changed my front 6-1/2 woofers and the tweeters and only disconected the small mids in the front door. I have these new speakers playing a bit louder than the stocks, so they just give a slight fill in. I added a sub, amp, and LC6i and it sounds soo good now. A car stereo shop told me I probably could have kept the ML speakers and done just as well by adding more power to them...so this is something to consider. Those ML speakers looked very nice (not paper woofers). I can't say that all this was an easy task as I ran into problems getting the amp and the LC6i on the proverbial same page, but once I got it, it's AWESOME! I do agree with chris that adding an EQ or bit ten would obviously get better results, but it all boils down to how much money you want to throw at it. I'm very happy at this point though.

Here's my thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ade-build.html
Old 03-02-12, 06:23 PM
DekNgo
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DS2k
I have the LC2i on my sub setup, but I'm not sure I understand your question here. It's a good unit if that's what you're asking... splicing the wires from the factory amp was the trickiest part, but they have threads on here that show you step-by-step instructions on how you do that. send me a pm if you want to talk more about it.
I assumed that the LC2i was a good unit since AudioControl has been producing high quality products for over 20 years....

I really wanted to see if anyone had used the LC2i in an IS-F for adding a sub. It seems like a good solution for this circumstance. I was also curious how the AccuBASS feature worked, since it's supposed to restore the bass output that gets rolled off from the ML processor as the volume is increased. Thanks for the replies.