No more flashing AFS light.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-12, 08:29 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by NimaM
Does anybody know if this method (unplugging the AFS ecu -- smaller plug) will work the Sewell kit?
Yes... See my post # 9

~ Joe Z
Old 02-24-12, 09:47 PM
ilv1004s
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

with the MY11 headlight upgrade
do the LED's dim when you have your low beams on?
Old 02-24-12, 10:31 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ilv1004s
with the MY11 headlight upgrade
do the LED's dim when you have your low beams on?
The simple answer is No... You can wire them up for 50% or 100%...

Mine are wired for 100%..

~ Joe Z
Old 02-25-12, 02:21 AM
ilv1004s
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

thanks joe z
Old 02-27-12, 08:14 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Exclamation

Originally Posted by fasttexasz
I realize that Joe that's why I'm gonna give it a few days to see how they are without the auto leveling. The only thing differant as far as I could tell was they stayed centered on start up. I just drove home thru the hills and really didn't see anything change. Small price to pay but if it's just the start up leveling I can live without that to avoid the flashing light and having black electrical tape on the dash. If there's something I am missing here since I jumped the gun please let me know.
Instead of unplugging the harness, you can pull out the actual AFS fuse. Takes less than 30 seconds..
Which is located in the drivers side fuse block under the dash. (See owners Manual as well)

BUT......

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
Pulling the AFS fuse will also disable auto-leveling.

Jeff
Agreed.... So it's easier than pulling the small plug/harness out of the AFS ECU....

Still NOT the solution I'm looking for... Looks like black tape inside the cluster led is going to prevail on this one..

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 02-27-12 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-28-12, 06:48 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i feel so dumb right about now.........but what are you guys referring to?
Old 02-28-12, 09:19 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Arrow

Originally Posted by meade916
i feel so dumb right about now.........but what are you guys referring to?
This thread is for IS-F owners from 2008 - 2010, who have installed the newer 2011+ Headlamp housings with the LED strip...

You already have the new headlight in the right car, so you don't have this side effect issue..

~ Joe Z
Old 07-17-12, 09:44 AM
stanjohn12
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Joe Z
This thread is for IS-F owners from 2008 - 2010, who have installed the newer 2011+ Headlamp housings with the LED strip...

You already have the new headlight in the right car, so you don't have this side effect issue..

~ Joe Z
Hi Joe,

Are you saying that these steps can't be used on non IS-F car's ? Removing the fuse is a good option to turn off the blinking lights I guess.
Old 07-17-12, 10:17 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by stanjohn12
Hi Joe,

Are you saying that these steps can't be used on non IS-F car's ? Removing the fuse is a good option to turn off the blinking lights I guess.
Yes..... BUT you will lose the Auto Leveling Up/Down feature of the new headlights..

Regards,

Joe Z
Old 07-18-12, 07:21 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Nice, but too much work, there is the easy way is to remove AFS fuse right above that and done hihiii

Originally Posted by fasttexasz
So there were quite a few off topic items in another thread dealing with the DIY for the MY2011 LED headlights. I have mine all wired up the same as JOE Z that you can search for and find pretty easy so I will not be discussing any how to on the headlights only the disabling of the annoying AFS light.
I got the info from Jeff Lange in the same thread so thanks to him I got it taken care of. I HAVE not driven the car at night yet and will repost when I do. The light DOES go away and the stys off with the car running even after a few minutes. I have detailed pics below and getting to that point was pretty straight forward.
To get the scuff plate off you just give it a tug and it pops right off it is only held in with 4 white plastic clips. .
Next is to pop the dead pedal off again this is a pain but just work your fingers underneath and give it a good pull and it pops right off.
Next just work the carpet back to gain access to the AFS ECU again thanks Jeff for the location and part number.
The pics are as easy as it gets no tools needed and it only took about 20 minutes to complete and that was with verifying everything worked after and the reinstall of all panels. Reinstalling the parts took me maybe 3 minutes no lie.
I will repost later this week with results from night driving to see if there are any draw backs. One side note make sure your wife is awake before starting and stopping your F especially if you have loud exhaust...oops.

Enjoy
Old 07-18-12, 09:05 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This may sound like a stupid question... But is this AFS topic in relation to the "Check Headlight System" Red Triangle warning light? I got the damn stupid thing when I lowered the Wife's car on Teins and all the dealer said it was due to dropping the car and couldnt fix the light??? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance guys!

Last edited by aWorkOfArt; 07-18-12 at 09:09 PM.
Old 07-18-12, 09:09 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Arrow

Originally Posted by 1SexyLexus
This may sound like a stupid question... But is this AFS in relation to the "Check Headlight System" Red Triangle warning light? I got the damn stupid thing when I lowered the Wife's car on Teins and all the dealer said it was due to dropping the car and couldnt fix the light??? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance guys!
Who ever did the install... Needs to fix the rear Headlight Leveling sensor that sits on the drivers side rear suspension arm...

It was not re-installed correctly..

Joe Z
Old 07-18-12, 09:36 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Im pretty sure it wasnt installed correctly...

The leveling sensor? thats the 10mm one right? I tried adjusting but it didnt make a difference and I also did a ECU battery reset but didnt fix the problem either... Could it be cause its a 2012 and its something different?
(for example the fuse pull to reset the ECU in the 2IS FAQ, wont work for the 2012 IS350 cause its a different fuse setup)

unless you have a link or something to help me out... Thanks JoeZ, you da man !

Last edited by aWorkOfArt; 07-18-12 at 09:40 PM.
Old 07-18-12, 09:59 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 1SexyLexus
Im pretty sure it wasnt installed correctly...

The leveling sensor? thats the 10mm one right? I tried adjusting but it didnt make a difference and I also did a ECU battery reset but didnt fix the problem either... Could it be cause its a 2012 and its something different?
(for example the fuse pull to reset the ECU in the 2IS FAQ, wont work for the 2012 IS350 cause its a different fuse setup)

unless you have a link or something to help me out... Thanks JoeZ, you da man !
DIY..??

For sure installed a bit off...

Help! AFS light blinking after car lowered...

and

Eibach Pro-Kit= AFS light Blinking ???

~ Joe Z
Old 07-19-12, 02:58 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up Thanks JoeZ!

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Was this a DIY? ... um yes... guilty... I did the install myself and everything was good with the exception of the damn "Check headlight system" warning light...

Thanks for the links though, I was able to figure out what the heck went wrong. It was the damn AFS sensor arm. I made sure not to mess with the damn thing during the install, but when I was pushing the arm down to install the shock/spring it somehow bent in the "Z" position. It took all bout 5 mins to flip that bad boy around the correct way "L" and problem solved! No more damn warning light!

Thanks JoeZ you da man!

Quick Reply: No more flashing AFS light.