ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS F (2008-2014) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014-200/)
-   -   ISF front lowering kit (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/613660-isf-front-lowering-kit.html)

Weapon F 01-19-12 05:02 PM

ISF front lowering kit

1 Attachment(s)
I have 2011 F and happy with ride quality but would like to have front end dropped VIP Autosalon offers this lowering kit that repalces control arm bolts. Any opinoins on this kit or has anyone used this set up yet. Pros and cons of using set up like this. To our resident F guru's Lobuxracer and Lowrideraz would love to here your opinion on this kit thanks guys.

Attachment 233810

THE SUPER NOW FRONT LOWERING KIT ALLOWS YOU TO KEEP YOU FACTORY SHOCK AND SPRINGS. THE KIT ALLOWS YOU TO LOWER YOUR FRONT SUSPENSION BY REPLACING A COUPLE CONTROL ARM BOLTS. YOU WILL HAVE TWO AVAILABLE ADJUSTMENTS, 15MM AND 25MM LOWERING.

lobuxracer 01-19-12 05:11 PM

It works. How well it works is another question. It might be awesome, and it might not. Without running the new camber curves through an analysis with a suspension modeling tool, you don't know for sure what the outcome will be.

Odds are, it will raise the roll center and lengthen the roll couple because the lower control arm will be lower at the outboard point, but again, without knowing for sure what it impacted, it's just a guess. It wouldn't be too hard to install and test.

More importantly - most street drivers will never know the difference. Measuring the difference is a timed course and watch thing.

Weapon F 01-19-12 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by lobuxracer (Post 6957596)
It works. How well it works is another question. It might be awesome, and it might not. Without running the new camber curves through an analysis with a suspension modeling tool, you don't know for sure what the outcome will be.

Odds are, it will raise the roll center and lengthen the roll couple because the lower control arm will be lower at the outboard point, but again, without knowing for sure what it impacted, it's just a guess. It wouldn't be too hard to install and test.

More importantly - most street drivers will never know the difference. Measuring the difference is a timed course and watch thing.

Thanks lobuxracer will do some further research and get back to everyone with my findings. For that price I think I'll order it and try it out, looks like pretty straight forward install.

lobuxracer 01-19-12 05:22 PM

Yeah, the install is easy. Just be sure to check the toe after you install. It might change a little bit, and we all know a little bit can make a big difference with the 2IS.

mcauley 01-20-12 02:49 PM

how much is this

MisterSkiz 01-20-12 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by mcauley (Post 6959518)
how much is this

Almost 300.00 us dollars

Weapon F 01-22-12 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by mcauley (Post 6959518)
how much is this

$278.00 from Vip Autosalon

mcauley 01-22-12 03:00 PM

Has anyone fitted these or have a picture of where they go?
I like the idea off them as I think they got the suspension right but just a little high on the front and I don't track my f so they are good enough for me

Phresh2010 01-22-12 04:32 PM

just to be clear on what this is, it lowers the front control arms there for lowering the overall height of the front of the car? Seems interesting, wonder how it would affect alignment and ride quality.

familycar 01-22-12 05:21 PM

i'd probably just buy springs to be honest...need more info on this. any installed pix?

ItsanF 02-09-12 08:58 AM

I am interested in purchasing this but I am also curious as to whether or not anyone else has...It says you could choose which setting, 25mm or 15 mm. If you are planning on dropping an inch, id just buy lowering springs.. now if you are looking for about a half inch drop, this may not be a bad imo. I am just curious as to whether or not this would affect dampening rates, etc.

PhiDeltBee 02-09-12 09:29 AM

Wonder what the difference in install is as opposed to the springs? Easier? Less labor should equal less money...right?

LOWFAST 02-09-12 09:29 AM

Subscribed, I am also interested in real world use opinions.

OneSiCkF 02-09-12 09:33 AM

Springs might actually be cheaper than that but to each their own...just my .02

Fapout 02-09-12 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by OneSiCkF (Post 7005472)
Springs might actually be cheaper than that but to each their own...just my .02

My opinion comes down to what the camber is on the fronts once these are installed. The prevailing problem with springs is that once they're on, your front wheels will be at roughly around -2 degrees with no ability to adjust. You're sacrificing contact patch and quicker tire wear unless you purchase correcting camber plates. So yes, you can lower it for less money but these may be a better option depending on what the camber ends up being.