ISF full exhausts - Joe Z vs ISS vs Borla

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-12, 09:38 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Of course shipping had nothing to do with the decision to make four manageable pieces...
LoL.. Actually the shipping or box size was not part of the R&D process...

But, it turned out to make shipping & installing process a breeze... !!!

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 01-19-12 at 09:45 AM.
Old 01-21-12, 09:26 AM
Gonzilla24
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JOE Z, Whats up with the Carbon Fiber exhaust tips I have heard so much about. Are you bringing them back or what????
Old 01-21-12, 09:44 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Gonzilla24
JOE Z, Whats up with the Carbon Fiber exhaust tips I have heard so much about. Are you bringing them back or what????
Currently reviewing a different material... But nothing to report at the moment..

Thanks

~ Joe Z
Old 01-22-12, 09:52 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by caymandive
Why did you choose the Borla?

I tried it out because I was looking for something that didn't drone/resonate so much in combination with my headers and the price of $1037 shipped was a steal!

Installation Pictures and Results:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...s-here-14.html

Quite a few videos here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/caymandiver75?feature=mhee
I chose it because it was a steal and I have never had anything but success with Borla system. I had borla on my 6.2 Denali, as well as my S4 and loved both. I love the sound of my exhaust, but have not heard the ISS in person.
I plan on installing headers in the near future as well as some electronic cutouts.
Old 01-26-12, 08:52 AM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

So I know I originally started this thread asking about cat-backs but...after doing a lot of research and chatting with a bunch of great members here, I ended up just grabbing the Borla axle-back (part# 11765) for now. I also got to hear one in person and it was perfect for what I'm interested in right now. Thanks for all of the feedback everyone...it was extremely useful even though it seems like I veered off.

Here was my "Pro" list:
- great first mod (trivial install)
- great sound
- cheeeeeeeap
- keeps all of the cats (useful since I often drive by cops near work)
- full cat-back means more likely for me to screw up the install. Or I take it to a shop...and would then need to find a friend with a truck to help me get the y-pipe back home.

So this will let me enjoy some sound which should hold me over for awhile while I continue to research headers, etc.. It's not a big deal for me to replace this later. I'll post my install and impressions once it arrives and I can get it on the car.
Old 01-26-12, 08:59 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

JOEZ all the way having seen and heard in person from the IS line continues to ISF , the quality and the sounds oh yes the performance gain too are awesome... and its local here...
Old 01-27-12, 11:45 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

just ordered last one from Carson. Will pick up tomorrow after work and install at Tommy music box ... Thanks Joez...
Old 01-28-12, 05:40 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Installed Joez Exhaust today at Tommy Music box ... wah i loving the sounds . it just perfect.. here are the pics

washed and claybar

Old 01-28-12, 05:50 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered my Joe z exhaust and intake last thursday. I can't wait to put them both on
Old 07-05-12, 10:45 AM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

I kinda hate to revive this old thread but since I started it and have an update, I hope it's ok.

After living with the Borla axle-back for 6 months or so I'm ready for something different. My personal preference is just that the sound I'm getting from inside the cabin is just too meh. It's louder than stock which I like but it's not wowing me and I really enjoy hearing my exhaust and being excited about it. It sounds great outside the car though.

The axle-back served it's purpose well though...it was cheap, gave me my first under-the-car experience with the F, and gave me more time to research.

The problem is that I'm torn between the ISS DES and JoeZ. I really like the ISS tips but think the JoeZ sounds a bit deeper which I dig. Plus JoeZ is local so no shipping costs on top of the already lower price-point. Win-win.

Last edited by anxiouz; 07-17-12 at 12:47 PM. Reason: removing that I have the Borla for sale
Old 07-17-12, 12:48 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Update: I've had at least 8 inquiries about my Borla axle-back since just commenting here that I may get rid of it! I have someone putting a deposit down tonight so it'll be off my car this weekend.

Will likely go JoeZ, just not sure if I'll do it right away or wait a bit.
Old 07-17-12, 02:26 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

I can tell u this, every members that listened and test drove my car all gotten joez intake and exhaust. Already 8 members here locally . Sam=spoon22 is picking up Joez exhaust tomorrow at Carson Toyota , he already picked up the intake last week. Do it once and do it right . Congrats on the new exhaust
Old 07-17-12, 02:29 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by blitz_714
I can tell u this, every members that listened and test drove my car all gotten joez intake and exhaust. Already 8 members here locally . Sam=spoon22 is picking up Joez exhaust tomorrow at Carson Toyota , he already picked up the intake last week. Do it once and do it right . Congrats on the new exhaust
lol I think it was the test drive I took him on that convinced him to get the JoeZ, he like riding in a SFP better lol
Old 07-17-12, 04:39 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Wonder where did you gotten info and all the questions and researched before you get joez intake and exhaust ?
Old 07-17-12, 07:42 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Completely unrelated but I found a steal on the K&N Typhoon intake which I just bought.

But I'm absolutely going to grab the JoeZ exhaust from Carson Toyota once I have the cash from the Borla sale.

So that's going to be my setup.

Quick Reply: ISF full exhausts - Joe Z vs ISS vs Borla