IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF supercharger kit...

Old 11-08-11, 01:24 PM
Bpower
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ISF supercharger kit...

Its 2011, the car has been out for a while now...

Does anyone have any latest scoop on working supercharger kit?

My dream ISF would be stock everything with a blower putting down 450 reliable whp on low boost. Aftermarket dudes get to work .

Last edited by Bpower; 11-08-11 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-08-11, 01:29 PM
staman
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bpower
Its 2011, the car has been out for a while now...

Does anyone have any latest scoop on working supercharger kit?

My dream ISF would be stock everything with a blower putting down 400-450 reliable whp on low boost. Aftermarket dudes get to work .
The only way your going to get a supercharger running is by using the iCode Rotrex Supercharger setup. Apparently their are issues with the "piggy back" ECM that they use to trick the ECM into thinking everything is fine. I believe they use the HKS V CON PRO or something like that. From what I understand (I could be wrong) it dosent work properly with north american ECMs because japaneese ECMs are actually different due to different fuels, emission rates etc...
Old 11-08-11, 01:32 PM
Bpower
Driver

Originally Posted by staman
The only way your going to get a supercharger running is by using the iCode Rotrex Supercharger setup. Apparently their are issues with the "piggy back" ECM that they use to trick the ECM into thinking everything is fine. I believe they use the HKS V CON PRO or something like that. From what I understand (I could be wrong) it dosent work properly with north american ECMs because japaneese ECMs are actually different due to different fuels, emission rates etc...
What if we run JDM ecm in ours?
Old 11-08-11, 06:35 PM
Phresh2010
Instructor

Received 123 Likes on 45 Posts

don't know much about the F but people have gotten over 400rwhp with just joez intake, exhaust and sikky headers and i havent heard any reliability issues from anyone
Old 11-08-11, 06:46 PM
Bpower
Driver

Originally Posted by Phresh2010
don't know much about the F but people have gotten over 400rwhp with just joez intake, exhaust and sikky headers and i havent heard any reliability issues from anyone
Yup, Caymandive just broke 400 rwh with just headers and exhaust (Borla and sikky). I am looking for a low boost supercharger system that will be good for 450 and keep the exhaust stock.
Old 11-08-11, 08:24 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Our ecu still hasn't been cracked yet.....
Old 11-08-11, 08:36 PM
Bpower
Driver

Originally Posted by DCoolBeans
Our ecu still hasn't been cracked yet.....
Maybe it has...we just dont know about it....Also there might be a way to plug and play JDM ECU like there is a member here that runs a Rotrex unit with JDM ECU on his 350.
Old 11-08-11, 11:15 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,835 Likes on 2,324 Posts

Maybe it has...we just dont know about it....Also there might be a way to plug and play JDM ECU like there is a member here that runs a Rotrex unit with JDM ECU on his 350.
No, it hasn't. I know people in the ECM cracking industry. No one has, and it's extremely doubtful anyone ever will crack a Toyota ECM. The rest of the tuning world is in for big hurts too. The latest Bosch ECUs are uncrackable too. It won't be long before anything new will be bulletproof for aftermarket tuners attempting to crack it.
Old 11-09-11, 05:33 AM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
No, it hasn't. I know people in the ECM cracking industry. No one has, and it's extremely doubtful anyone ever will crack a Toyota ECM. The rest of the tuning world is in for big hurts too. The latest Bosch ECUs are uncrackable too. It won't be long before anything new will be bulletproof for aftermarket tuners attempting to crack it.
what lob said

Toyota ECUs are a nightmare, if the ECU was cracked we would have seen a huge influx of aftermarket goods for Toyota cars. Closest you will get is like some kind of piggyback a/f unit but even then its still shady as ****.

on a side note, i am dying to find out what ECU is going to be in the Scion FRS/FT86/Subaru BRZ.
Old 11-09-11, 11:01 AM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

id suggest to invest in a GTR...as of now any supercharger / turbocharger kit for isx50 / F is unreliable, untuneable, and not safe. I dont care what anyone says, its never going to be able to run smooth and safe for daily use. I know for a FACT that the isx50 kit will only run *ok* (still too lean) with meth, but even then, every half a year - a year, the pully goes out.

To be honest, this is not the right car id you are hoping for forced induction. Go GTR
Old 11-09-11, 11:06 AM
Bpower
Driver

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
id suggest to invest in a GTR...as of now any supercharger / turbocharger kit for isx50 / F is unreliable, untuneable, and not safe. I dont care what anyone says, its never going to be able to run smooth and safe for daily use. I know for a FACT that the isx50 kit will only run *ok* (still too lean) with meth, but even then, every half a year - a year, the pully goes out.

To be honest, this is not the right car id you are hoping for forced induction. Go GTR
GTR has transmission issues. My friend went through 3 transmissions since 09. No offense but no, thank you.

If you dont believe me you can go to NAGTROC forum and see how many people have a tranny issue.
Old 11-09-11, 11:28 AM
crazymikie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 2012 GT-R is getting a redesigned transmission IIRC. I had the opportunity to drive a 2010 on the track this past week and the car is nothing short of amazing.

I'd look at what your goals are- if you like everything else, but just want more power in teh IS-F, some headers seem like they can give you 35-45 whp (depending on what dynos you look at). That's certainly going to be noticeable. That's my plan for next year.
Old 11-09-11, 11:37 AM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

GTR has transmission issues. My friend went through 3 transmissions since 09. No offense but no, thank you.

If you dont believe me you can go to NAGTROC forum and see how many people have a tranny issue.
Sorry to hear that. If i were to get a GTR though it wouldnt be an 09. It would have to be atleast a '10. Id prefer the '12 though
Old 11-09-11, 11:49 AM
Bpower
Driver

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
Sorry to hear that. If i were to get a GTR though it wouldnt be an 09. It would have to be atleast a '10. Id prefer the '12 though
Its not an 09 specific problem, there is 11 that has same issue.

Last edited by Bpower; 11-09-11 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-09-11, 12:55 PM
Bpower
Driver

Originally Posted by crazymikie
The 2012 GT-R is getting a redesigned transmission IIRC. I had the opportunity to drive a 2010 on the track this past week and the car is nothing short of amazing.

I'd look at what your goals are- if you like everything else, but just want more power in teh IS-F, some headers seem like they can give you 35-45 whp (depending on what dynos you look at). That's certainly going to be noticeable. That's my plan for next year.
Its amazing if it doesn't break, unfortunately the GTR is very unreliable. I have done the research and on paper the GTR is the way to go if not the tranny gremlins.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ISF supercharger kit...