IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model
View Poll Results: Current IS-F Owners: Would you consider trading in your IS-F for the new GS-F?
Yes, especially if it's +500 hps.
54.12%
No way, waiting for GTR opportunity or 2nd gen. IS-F
37.65%
No way, the new GS is so ugly, not even the GS-F will help!
8.24%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Jump Ship for GS-F?

Old 10-19-11, 09:53 AM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by timeToy
The Germans are super hot on this generation, the F10 M5 is 560HP 500lb-ft, the e63 bitTurbo is 550hp 590lb-ft with Performance Pack. Note that the Merc is lighter and handle better than the M5 (WHAT! Yes that what the usually balanced UK mag AutoCar thinks). Also thanks to the bigger displacement the Merc has a lot of headroom and it is tunnable. (569HP and 625lb.ft AT THE MOTHER****ING WHEELS )

Lexus will have to bring some serious big game to the party if they wants to play.
Agreed! These midsized super sedans are really stepping up the HP war. They also are almost 2x more money than our F's.. There are going to be some SICK new cars on the road. Not to mention the CLS63 probably having similar features. The new 3 series is releasing info now.. new M3 in a couple years probably.

I just hope Lexus stays with the pack.. not like Infinity, a generation behind the group.
Old 10-19-11, 10:14 AM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptAwsm
Agreed! These midsized super sedans are really stepping up the HP war. They also are almost 2x more money than our F's.. There are going to be some SICK new cars on the road. Not to mention the CLS63 probably having similar features. The new 3 series is releasing info now.. new M3 in a couple years probably.

I just hope Lexus stays with the pack.. not like Infinity, a generation behind the group.
+1; Inifini is pathetic with the infiniti performance line, and their ads about winning F1 championship is just sad, come on, this is a Renault engine, the only common thing about Renault and Infiniti is the CEO, not the tech package.
Old 10-19-11, 11:52 AM
madastep
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
I would only consider the GSF if it utilizes a motor that has more displacement, revs higher, and makes more power than my ISF. Im keeping my ISF no matter what, and with my current car lineup, i just dont see where the GSF fits in. I would rather build my motor and go full standalone than spend the extra bucks to get stuck with another high priced, not tune friendly car.
just make sure you keep us posted, seeing as how they are using the IS-F engine block in others, i'm sure it could handle a little more hp

I don't think id mess with the G, rather wait for the next IS-F or get a tunable car.
Old 10-19-11, 12:58 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Im just praying they don't produce too many. I want the whole F class to be rare
Old 10-19-11, 01:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i will take a look, but they have to do something drastic to get close to the m5 and e63. given that they don't have a v8 at all in the new lineup now, i have my doubts
Old 10-19-11, 01:02 PM
RobbsIsf
Driver School Candidate

Maybe would have to drive it first!!!!
Old 10-19-11, 01:06 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Well, for it to be successful, the GS-F MUST outperform the IS-F, and that's what I'm expecting. With that said, I don't want a bigger sedan, so I'm going to pass. No matter how fast it goes around the track, you can't overcome the feel of size and weight.

What I'm hoping for is that GS-F will have some new tech that will eventually be passed onto the next gen IS-F. Now that would be sweet.
Old 10-19-11, 01:14 PM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by primecut

What I'm hoping for is that GS-F will have some new tech that will eventually be passed onto the next gen IS-F. Now that would be sweet.
Yea! Like a dual clutch sequential tranny
Old 10-19-11, 01:17 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by madastep
just make sure you keep us posted, seeing as how they are using the IS-F engine block in others, i'm sure it could handle a little more hp

I don't think id mess with the G, rather wait for the next IS-F or get a tunable car.
Will do. I plan on pushing the limits with the car real soon

Originally Posted by rominl
i will take a look, but they have to do something drastic to get close to the m5 and e63. given that they don't have a v8 at all in the new lineup now, i have my doubts
I honestly dont think its going to be that difficult. Taking the evolution of the ISF into consideration, Lexus has the ability to periodically make changes to the vehicle so that it will outperform other vehicles in its class.

If Lexus puts the 650hp 5.0 from that LS concept, they will be off to a great start. Trust me, a few years after its launch, the GSF will be a class leader
Old 10-19-11, 01:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Will do. I plan on pushing the limits with the car real soon

I honestly dont think its going to be that difficult. Taking the evolution of the ISF into consideration, Lexus has the ability to periodically make changes to the vehicle so that it will outperform other vehicles in its class.

If Lexus puts the 650hp 5.0 from that LS concept, they will be off to a great start. Trust me, a few years after its launch, the GSF will be a class leader
i never doubt toyota's ability, but i doubt their execution first off i am pretty much sure there is no way they would dump that 650hp setup from the LS into the gs as gsf. it just doesn't make sense especially when cost comes into play. not to mention the 9000rpm redline, very non-toyota like for their mass production vehicles

and i really don't see how gsf, when one comes, will become class leading. i believe it can get together with the pack together with m5 and e63, but leading? i don't see that. how many years have the isf been out? it's not class leading (and i don't think the m3 or c63 as class leading either)

but in the end, like i said, i am always ready to be surprised. lexus brought the isf to the game, BIG thumbup
Old 10-19-11, 04:00 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
i never doubt toyota's ability, but i doubt their execution first off i am pretty much sure there is no way they would dump that 650hp setup from the LS into the gs as gsf. it just doesn't make sense especially when cost comes into play. not to mention the 9000rpm redline, very non-toyota like for their mass production vehicles

and i really don't see how gsf, when one comes, will become class leading. i believe it can get together with the pack together with m5 and e63, but leading? i don't see that. how many years have the isf been out? it's not class leading (and i don't think the m3 or c63 as class leading either)

but in the end, like i said, i am always ready to be surprised. lexus brought the isf to the game, BIG thumbup
Though the CTS-V leads the class in performance, it lacks in other areas where the ISF shines (considering you think the CTS-V leads the class). Despite its lacking interior and reliability, I would have to say that the CTS-V is the class leader.

If the GSF comes with the motor in question, I dont see it being anything but class leading. If the car is able to make 650hp it will be just like the CTS-V is in its class.
Old 10-19-11, 06:07 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't have an F so I don't have the right to vote but i will say that whatever the gs-f comes out to be it will never have my interest unless it blows me away with performance, new technology, and a pretty damn good price. There's probably only a 5% chance of that happening though. + with the looks of the regular 350 it's probably not going to be as appealing as a gtr or a m5 for comparison. I'm speculating that the price will be in the area of the m5 but we know deep down that it won't be anything like the m5... Idk, that's just me at least....sorta lost hope...
Old 10-19-11, 06:40 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I have read many articles lately how Lexus is in trouble and then how Akio Toyoda wants to make the brand more exciting. The first part of this was the redesigned GS. Not sure if I call it exciting, but it's different, so I do have hope that future F models will be exciting.
Old 11-01-11, 06:12 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

If the GS-F looks anything like this SEMA FSport one, hard not to consider it.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/lexus...photo-4556367/
Old 11-02-11, 09:22 AM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

that looks SICK!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jump Ship for GS-F?