IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

KW V3 Coilovers on my 2011 ISF - SITTIN' RIGHT!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-11, 11:06 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

I like the blue calipers. A lot better than the standard black.
Old 05-03-11, 07:46 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

looks good Steve, been following ur vids on youtube. loved the progression on the Tahoe.
Old 05-03-11, 10:46 PM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man.... fire hot Lexus you got there bud. Classy
Old 05-10-11, 08:55 PM
meade916
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flipside909
I like the blue calipers. A lot better than the standard black.
thanks!! they came out just how i envisioned

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
looks good Steve, been following ur vids on youtube. loved the progression on the Tahoe.
thanks!!

Originally Posted by JDMToyotas
man.... fire hot Lexus you got there bud. Classy
much appreciated!!
Old 05-10-11, 09:00 PM
meade916
Lead Lap

well its been a little over a week........and after adjusting the coils, raising the car back 1/8th of an inch, and setting the rebound/compression to a nice soft, yet firm setting, i am IN LOVE! The front drop is now officially 2 1/8" and the rear is an 1 5/8" drop. It sits perfect IMO and rides really REALLY smooth.

I give these coils a 10/10 so far!! KW FTMFW!!!

Old 05-10-11, 10:07 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

LOve how it sit man.. SAve money to buy nice rims!!!
Old 05-11-11, 01:47 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn that last pic makes me love the 2010+ headlights! I'm ordering KWs next month, can't wait..
Old 05-11-11, 03:21 AM
96817isf
Lexus Test Driver

how is the handleing? does it roll more or less?
Old 05-11-11, 07:32 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pc1990
Ok your right I take the cheap comment back. But I still dont like your rims.
Haha, I agree with pc1990, not the best choice of rims in my opinion. Again, in my opinion, my favorite rims are the stock ones that came on the 08-09 ISF's. After all, they are made by BBS, and BBS rims are my favorite. I feel like the 10-11 F rims are overkill.

Now getting back to the car, the drop looks sick. Just wanted to share my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if the OP flipped out again since I shared my opinion.
Old 05-11-11, 07:44 AM
DHRP
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Now getting back to the car, the drop looks sick. Just wanted to share my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if the OP flipped out again since I shared my opinion.
Yeah, I think he's said it before about being so defensive. Reading through the stupid comments on his youtube page you can see why. But CL is a totally different world so when he gets here the mindset needs to be adjusted. We are a much more mature bunch
Old 05-12-11, 11:29 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VIS250P
LOve how it sit man.. SAve money to buy nice rims!!!
The wheels are custom 1-off AZA's.... from www.AZAforged.com - they are plenty "nice". I could say the same thing about your 250.... I like the stance but you shoulda saved your money and bought something nicer....uhhh never mind lol.

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Damn that last pic makes me love the 2010+ headlights! I'm ordering KWs next month, can't wait..
i think they are 2011+ on mine....didnt think the '10 had the LED's but i could be wrong.

Originally Posted by 96817isf
how is the handleing? does it roll more or less?
doesnt roll at all. Its just like it was before. I dont race it i just drive it though so the only thing i can say is it rides GREAT and doesnt have any noticeable, excessive roll.

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Haha, I agree with pc1990, not the best choice of rims in my opinion. Again, in my opinion, my favorite rims are the stock ones that came on the 08-09 ISF's. After all, they are made by BBS, and BBS rims are my favorite. I feel like the 10-11 F rims are overkill.

to me, the stock wheels are not the best choice of rims. My opinion is, they are ugly. The older stock wheels for the F looked better then the ones i got with my '11 but it wouldnt matter to me because stock wheels arent in my vocabulary.......if my pocket has any say in the matter that is. And by the way, i didnt "flip out". I dont appreciate someone telling me my $6,000 wheels (w/tires) look cheap when they clearly dont. Its a 7 spoke wheel with an offset, color matched (obsidian, not just black) with a very small amount of brushed aluminum showing through. Its not even possible to look cheap as its a nice clean wheel and custom made for the car. I dont care if you dont like it but dont get it confused with the bull**** you see in the back of a magazine. If it was a "busy" looking pattern, had a bunch of cheap chrome all over it, or said "dolla dolla bill 'yall" on the center cap, i could understand. If i donked this car out on some ugly 24's i could understand. These wheels can only be classified as cheap looking by a certified hater. Period. Even if you dont like them. Im not "flipping out", im just telling you my point of view.

Originally Posted by DHRP
Yeah, I think he's said it before about being so defensive. Reading through the stupid comments on his youtube page you can see why. But CL is a totally different world so when he gets here the mindset needs to be adjusted. We are a much more mature bunch
ya i bet you guys are a more "mature bunch". If i came in here and told you guys to quit being a bunch of cheap asses and fix those lame *** STOCK cars so they dont look so damn cheap, you would be on me like flies on dog-shat...Im sure i would get the "most mature" comments EVER if i did that LOL. How bout if i ventured over to the IS250 section of this forum and asked those guys why they bought those cheap looking cars when they coulda got a real one.......it would be over for me here. Tear drops hitting the floor, flame throwers out, the whole deal. But when someone tells me my expensive 3 piece wheels are cheap looking, i have to just accept it? lol. C'mon now. I can accept you, or someone else dont like them..... but cheap looking? i dont think so.

im not angy just trying to tell you that this forum, like almost all forums, are full of double standards. Eveyone is so mature, until someone calls THEIR car a name they dont like lol....

Last edited by meade916; 05-12-11 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-12-11, 12:21 PM
DHRP
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by meade916
ya i bet you guys are a more "mature bunch". If i came in here and told you guys to quit being a bunch of cheap asses and fix those lame *** STOCK cars so they dont look so damn cheap, you would be on me like flies on dog-shat...Im sure i would get the "most mature" comments EVER if i did that LOL.
I stand by my statement. CL members are more mature than YouTubers. Most of them are haters and have opinions on cars, wheels, etc. that they don't or will ever own. If someone doesn't like that I have stock wheels then I'm ok with that. I don't have my car to fit anyone's standards but my own.
Old 05-12-11, 12:33 PM
meade916
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DHRP
I stand by my statement. CL members are more mature than YouTubers. Most of them are haters and have opinions on cars, wheels, etc. that they don't or will ever own. If someone doesn't like that I have stock wheels then I'm ok with that. I don't have my car to fit anyone's standards but my own.
Ok i will give you that.......this place does seem more calm than a lot of boards ive been to. There is no such a thing as a hater-free forum though.

and im not doggin' on the stock wheels, im giving examples of how someone would feel if i came in popping off at the mouth about 'em. I actually like the older stock wheels MUCH better then the ones i ended up with. That probably expedited my decision to get new ones. Anyone like mine ('11) better then your '08 -'09 ones (the straight spoke looking ones), lemme know...ill trade ya

anyway, i just was looking at some wheels on one of the more recent threads here and out of the 4 sets in that thread, 2 of them looked SICKKKKK and the other 2 looked retarded (imo).....i didnt have any urge to tell that person his single-piece wheels looked cheap and he shoulda got something else. What kind of dlckhead says that to someone? I guess we were all raised with different set of manners.

Last edited by meade916; 05-12-11 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-12-11, 12:41 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Ok, lets trade. What are your terms? Am in Greece at the moment but I will be home this weekend. Just let me know!

Originally Posted by meade916
Ok i will give you that.......this place does seem more calm than a lot of boards ive been to. There is no such a thing as a hater-free forum though.

and im not doggin' on the stock wheels, im giving examples of how someone would feel if i came in popping off at the mouth about 'em. I actually like the older stock wheels MUCH better then the ones i ended up with. That probably expedited my decision to get new ones. Anyone like mine ('11) better then your '08 -'09 ones (the straight spoke looking ones), lemme know...ill trade ya

anyway, i just was looking at some wheels on one of the more recent threads here and out of the 4 sets in that thread, 2 of them looked SICKKKKK and the other 2 looked retarded (imo).....i didnt have any urge to tell that person his single-piece wheels looked cheap and he shoulda got something else. What kind of dlckhead says that to someone? I guess we were all raised with different set of manners.
Old 05-12-11, 12:52 PM
meade916
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
Ok, lets trade. What are your terms? Am in Greece at the moment but I will be home this weekend. Just let me know!
greece might be a problem haha! thanks anyway though

Quick Reply: KW V3 Coilovers on my 2011 ISF - SITTIN' RIGHT!!