IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

PPE Headers

Old 01-24-12, 12:33 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,280 Posts

Guys

I just spoke to Paul, currently there are NO plans to have a group at any time in the near future. The product has proven itself in the marketplace and is selling very well. It would be a gross injustice to all of PPEs customers who purchased the headers and are enjoying them to have a Group Buy at this time.

Lou
Old 01-24-12, 01:17 PM
StrykarISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Guys

I just spoke to Paul, currently there are NO plans to have a group at any time in the near future. The product has proven itself in the marketplace and is selling very well. It would be a gross injustice to all of PPEs customers who purchased the headers and are enjoying them to have a Group Buy at this time.

Lou
Strange because I got off the phone with them not even 2 hours ago. How would it be a gross injustice for them to start another group buy? If X amount of people are willing to chip in, thats good business for them and an incentive to go with that company rather than the other. I wouldn't be pissed if 10 of you got the headers and I paid full price for my set because when I bought mine; I didnt place an order for 10 headers expecting a deal. If X amount of people want the headers go for it, I highly encourage this product and their customer service, and Lou why would you follow up to my phone call, maybe you talked them out of it? Did you tell them it would be an injustice to all of us who have already bought a set?.....Its up to PPE, and would be great business for them to lock in a lot of orders. Look at how many people on the previous pages want another GB, thats incentive to pull the trigger
Old 01-24-12, 03:07 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,832 Likes on 2,321 Posts

The next post on a group buy needs to have dates and PPE's input. If it doesn't, I will delete it with extreme prejudice.
Old 01-24-12, 03:40 PM
PPEHeaders
Sponsor

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Sorry for all of the confusion. I jumped the gun when I said we may do a group buy. After some discussion we decided that doing a group buy on a product that already has been released would not be fair to our distributors. We already have distributors of our Lexus products and more to come soon. We will leave it to them to run any group discounts, sales, etc.
Old 01-31-12, 02:13 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by StrykarISF
What check engine lights were you throwing? P0138, P0158 and P0607? If I know that I can point you to the wire of trouble. Also the instructions are incorrect on pin cavity (E6 26 red) its actually A6 and not E6 as noted. I called ppe to have them correct this, could be troublesome if its overlooked. When I installed mine I had a check engine light as well, and the problem resided within the (2) blue tap splice connectors that are provided. So my guess is its either A. not crimped hard enough to tap the wire or B. the male terminal provided shoved inside of the blue tap is too big and too tight not making good contact. I fixed both of these and the CEL/VSC turned off. This magic box is working wonders This summer I am going to solder the wires and do away with the crimpy mess, but winter has my projects limited. LexISguy what are your DTC's? -Mike
Hello Strykar I spoke with my technician who contacted Paul and your right the instructions were wrong. So we will rewire the conditioner and hopefully my CEL will go away.
Old 01-31-12, 03:10 PM
StrykarISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexISguy
Hello Strykar I spoke with my technician who contacted Paul and your right the instructions were wrong. So we will rewire the conditioner and hopefully my CEL will go away.
Awesome, keep us updated with your outcome/results!
Old 02-03-12, 04:33 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Well my tech rewired the conditioner after speaking to Paul and the CEL is gone for now (:
Old 02-03-12, 05:39 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

I was wondering if running headers with no cats would pass emissions test?? Or if I would have to run them with cats? And if so is it worth the money to get high-flo cats??
Old 02-03-12, 06:25 PM
StrykarISF
Rookie

Well my tech rewired the conditioner after speaking to Paul and the CEL is gone for now (:
Awesome! Now time to experience the "awwwwe"
Old 02-03-12, 06:29 PM
StrykarISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by zapa
I was wondering if running headers with no cats would pass emissions test?? Or if I would have to run them with cats? And if so is it worth the money to get high-flo cats??
Not sure about the laws in your state, but here in WA as long as we don't have a check engine light (obd2) we are good to go. Older cars here get a sniffer stuck up their rear so if you require a sniffing with no cats then it wouldn't pass. Other states also have visual inspections ontop of the obd2 scanning and sniffing depending on the year. Hope that sheds a little light, you can probably google the inspection methods used in VA
Old 02-04-12, 10:35 AM
staman
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got my PPE headers last night and the first thing I checked was to make sure they had corrected the mistake in the O2 conditioner instructions. Indeed they have. It now shows the correct pinout A6 26 (Red)....
Old 02-05-12, 05:34 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by staman
I just got my PPE headers last night and the first thing I checked was to make sure they had corrected the mistake in the O2 conditioner instructions. Indeed they have. It now shows the correct pinout A6 26 (Red)....
Has a CEL come up?
Old 02-11-12, 03:18 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

1 week since the rewiring and no CEL...
Old 02-11-12, 03:24 PM
StrykarISF
Rookie

Awesome news guys, glad its working out for everyone, I am loving it! 3 weeks or so and no cel. I am dynoing on tuesday on the dyno I ran stock on to see the gains, I'll update when I get results!
Old 02-11-12, 06:37 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by StrykarISF
Awesome news guys, glad its working out for everyone, I am loving it! 3 weeks or so and no cel. I am dynoing on tuesday on the dyno I ran stock on to see the gains, I'll update when I get results!
Keep us posted on the results....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PPE Headers