IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Megan Camber Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-10, 03:44 PM
TURBOCARS
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Megan Camber Kit

Just wondering if the Megan Camber Kit will work for the IS-F?

I did a search and didn't come up with anything, your help is appreciated.
Old 12-14-10, 01:49 AM
johnchi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TURBOCARS
Just wondering if the Megan Camber Kit will work for the IS-F?

I did a search and didn't come up with anything, your help is appreciated.
Check out this thread From Figs for a good product.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...enderings.html
He will also be offering many more products for the ISF (I will be buying most if all the suspension products he will offer for the IS-F/ISX50)

As for the megans.
While they may work I would not use them. Especially on a street driven car. I used their arms for one event on my Drift S14 (because I had to get something quick) and they went kaboom. luckily they failed completely while on my way back to staging area and not while drifting. I always use quality suspension products but this time had no choice. Maybe it was a bad batch but the car wasnt being punished too hard so the fact they broke made me never use parts that are critical to your well being that don't really have some R&D behind them and proven durability in hard conditions. This is why I have not ordered any similar items for my IS until the above products were available.

You could also look into Cusco - they have released their IS line of products.

Last edited by johnchi; 12-14-10 at 01:53 AM.
Old 12-14-10, 10:50 AM
johnchi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About 6 months ago.
Maybe a bad batch which is possible or some older production run.
I know quite a few folks that are even running Megan, Godspeed and different so called "ebay brand" arms with no issues on the street and on the track.
For me its a matter of confidence especially since every car I had was also a street car which doubles as a track car. I dont want to drive or track my car with a "will my part s fail on me going sideways at 80-100mph" thought in the back of my mind or on a mountain run while hitting a pot hole. It may be a fake sense of security but it lets me focus on the driving.
Its true that even brand names fail and most if not all similar produts are "for off road use only" but fact of the matter is that probably 99% of the people running after market suspension links drive on the street as well and the big name companies are aware of this so with that in mind I would think they put that little more effort into their production runs and QA.
I have also bent Cusco caster arms but that was after a very big hit to the wheel at full lock in a ditch behind the apex. but it didnt brake.
The megan arm simply broke at the weld seam without even hitting anything. The car just started to droop on the left rear in the middle of the run (had a video of that somewhere) and then broke completely.
So I am not stating they are all bad and I am no brand name junky in any way shape or form.
Specific items I dont mind running no-name brands - my intercooler on my 400hp Nissan is a no-name brand and AI temps with it are better than the greddy and practically the same as one of my previous HKS intercoolers.

Suspension items/Brakes etc - Only real brand names especially for street use. But thats just me.