IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Aftermarket parts 2011 IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-11, 07:51 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aftermarket parts 2011 IS-F

hey guys, hows it going. I have been a member here for a while but i usually just lurk and read. Anyway, i have a 2011 IS-F i bought back in December and as usual, all i can think about is how im going to make it look the way I want it to look. My problem is, i dont know what, from previous years, works on the 2011. I hear the 2011 has lots of different things for this year and is built around this new suspension. Well the "new suspension" is my biggest road block i guess. I dont know anything about it. I just got my new wheels, some offset 3 piece 20's, and i love them.......but i think the wheel gap up front is just a little too much. The rear is OK, but could drop another inch IMO. I am thinking 1.5-2" in front and 1" in rear.

I also want, from what im reading, the sick-*** Joe Z exhaust i keep reading about. Do they have one for an 11? I have a lift so i dont mind bolting it up......or anything else for that matter to make it right.

Intake. I know the intake system is sick......it opens up at 3,xxx RPM (i forget exact number) and it gets MEAN (as you know if you own one). But the question i have is, is there an even BETTER aftermarket one available? Even if there is one that works about the same but looks meaner then plain old stock when you pop the hood, im ok with that.

anyone have any suggestions on the '11? I am usually pretty stubborn on peoples suggestions when im not asking for any......but thats because none of the people that have these wonderful opinions own a Lexus, let alone the IS-F. Its hard to take advice from a kid who is riding a bmx and building his dream car on PS3, but i am all ears when it comes to other IS-F owners.

anyway i know there is tons of info on the F here, but the 2011 being a little different (so im told) makes me want to stir up this conversation. thanks!

here is my rig by the way...you can see why i want to lower it just a hair and get rid of the wheel gap

wheels are 20x10 275/25/20, 4 1/2" lip rear, and 20x9 235/30/20 4" lip front...

Had my brakes painted in anticipation of the new wheels arriving (they were custom made and took 4 weeks to build)

Last edited by meade916; 04-18-11 at 08:04 AM.
Old 04-18-11, 08:14 AM
Steve727
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have much advise for ya, but I just wanted to say nice car! Lol
Old 04-18-11, 08:21 AM
dsg03svt
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice ride. Love the brakes.

Regarding the suspension, I'm not sure of the differences in the 11' but the 08-10's you could put some tein springs on for better comfort and a drop that would set the height perfect imo.

I have a K&N intake which I like alot. From other postings, I believe the dual stage growl you get is actually coming from the mufflers and not intake. Other owners correct me if I'm wrong. Alot of people go with the Joe-Z intake with and AFE filter which imo is a good option, but I wanted something that replaced the stock airbox and would have a more noticeable sound difference, which is exactly what the K&N does. I was skeptical at first because people said there were hp drops after putting miles on the system but after MotoIQ's review of it, I felt much better about the system.

Exhaust, go w/ Joe-Z and possibly some PPE headers when the group buy comes out in a week or so.

You came to the right place for some suggestions, but remember in the end it's your ride so do what you want!
Old 04-18-11, 08:22 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

oh, thanks haha...

ya i realize, because i own a website and pretty big forum myself, that someones gonna tell me to use the search button....and i do. I just wanted to make a post and get some good feedback on what my options are, specificly on the '11.
Old 04-18-11, 08:24 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dsg03svt
Nice ride. Love the brakes.

Regarding the suspension, I'm not sure of the differences in the 11' but the 08-10's you could put some tein springs on for better comfort and a drop that would set the height perfect imo.

I have a K&N intake which I like alot. From other postings, I believe the dual stage growl you get is actually coming from the mufflers and not intake. Other owners correct me if I'm wrong. Alot of people go with the Joe-Z intake with and AFE filter which imo is a good option, but I wanted something that replaced the stock airbox and would have a more noticeable sound difference, which is exactly what the K&N does. I was skeptical at first because people said there were hp drops after putting miles on the system but after MotoIQ's review of it, I felt much better about the system.

Exhaust, go w/ Joe-Z and possibly some PPE headers when the group buy comes out in a week or so.

You came to the right place for some suggestions, but remember in the end it's your ride so do what you want!
see, thats why i asked instead of going straight to the search button....first off it gives me a reason to say watttttupppppp to the people, but also i had no idea there was a group buy coming up. Whats the degree of difficulty on those headers? im all over it!!!

thanks bro
Old 04-18-11, 08:36 AM
dsg03svt
Pole Position

headers are not an easy bolt-on install. Car will need a lift and the lower bracing removed so you can lower the engine a bit to bolt the headers on. Some say it's an 8-9 hour install time but i find that hard to believe. Once the car is on the lift I bet a shop could have it back together in 3-4 hours. I'd say 8-9 hours is for the average person, like myself, having never done anything like this before... Since you have lift access, I would consider the install myself to save money and get the experience of doing it on your own. You could do the exhaust at the same time since it would already be up there. Cost for the headers is $1399 but may be less w/ the group buy and depending how many people buy in. Joe-z exhaust is around $1599, I believe but after shipping your gonna be a little over $1700. Total cost is a little over $3000 but you will have approx. 50-60 more rwhp over stock. Add in a $250 intake and you should be right at, if not over, 400 rwhp to the tires.
Old 04-18-11, 08:42 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

maybe i will just get the exhaust first....$1300 sounds like a good deal. When is the group buy? can you link me to the thread? Hell if its not coming soon, i will just buy it anyway right now. Also, a link to the proper intake for my car would be REAL nice. I am not an IS-F noob, i am 5 months in , but im a aftermarket parts noob......and im ready to go shopping.
Old 04-18-11, 08:47 AM
dsg03svt
Pole Position

No link to the Group buy on the headers yet, but one should be posted once it's up and running. It was discussed the the thread title PPE headers or something like that. Regarding the intake I would either scavenge the classifieds section on here or search ebay for k&n intake if you prefer that route or http://l-tunedparts.com/model/struct...d=140&cat_id=1 for the Joe-z/AFE route.
Old 04-18-11, 09:01 AM
Steve727
Lead Lap

I don't have much advise for ya, but I just wanted to say nice car! Lol
Old 04-18-11, 09:02 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

everything is up to '10

thats my biggest issue. I need to find some parts for mine or at least have it confirmed that a '10 part will fit my '11

thats all, thanks sir!
Old 04-18-11, 10:34 AM
rhy
Pole Position

People are running the JoeZ exhaust on 2011, so it should fit just fine. Not sure about the headers, best to check with Sikky, Elite or PPE.
Old 04-18-11, 10:44 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Its the same car, parts wise... everything that fits an 08-10 will fit an 11, my plan is to bump to an 11 in a few years and take all my parts with me.

Last edited by darbs242; 04-18-11 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04-18-11, 10:48 AM
DHRP
Lead Lap

Hey Steve, nice to see you posting on CL. I subscribe to your YT channel. We actually had a thread on your painted calipers a couple of weeks ago https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-calipers.html

You might want to look at the ISS Forged Track Exhaust as well https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...?highlight=ISS Can't go wrong with either they are both great.

Any plans on upgrading the sound system in the F?
Old 04-18-11, 10:49 AM
kikcaffine
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by meade916
Its hard to take advice from a kid who is riding a bmx and building his dream car on PS3, but i am all ears when it comes to other IS-F owners.
Most truth I have read to date.

Im planning on an '11 IS-F this time next year.
Old 04-18-11, 11:55 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DHRP
Hey Steve, nice to see you posting on CL. I subscribe to your YT channel. We actually had a thread on your painted calipers a couple of weeks ago https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-calipers.html

You might want to look at the ISS Forged Track Exhaust as well https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...?highlight=ISS Can't go wrong with either they are both great.

Any plans on upgrading the sound system in the F?
thanks for the tip!! that exhaust system is NICE too! I already called for pricing. Now i just need to look at my options and order up!

Quick Reply: Aftermarket parts 2011 IS-F