Swift Sport Spring review for ISF!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-14, 09:57 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by albertgoq
oh let me rephrase

what I mean if I install the right swift spring on the IS250/350 (Part #4T040) will it be same as the reviews and feedback in the IS-F that the springs are like stock (comfy ride)

coz some springs maybe good/comfortable on some car platforms lets say the IS-F but not in the IS250/350
Try the ISX50 forums. I am sure they can give you a better reply. ISF's are totally different, suspension wise.
Old 06-21-14, 03:23 PM
v8sten
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by darbs242
I think my ride has gone to crap with swift springs. It rides much harder and bumps feel like you ran over a foot deep pot hole. Car turns in differently overall ride is bouncer and less stable feeling that factory springs. The drop on the other hand looks great and I really like it. I feel a set of bcr are in my future
This is my main concern, I would like to "have my cake and eat it too" meaning I would like to have a nice ride and it not affect the performance of my 08 ISF. Basically my back is not in the best condition and the ride is a little rough on extended drives my back begins to give me problems. My friends stock C6 Z06 rides like a cadillac compared to my stock ISF. What are other peoples opinions on the ride quality of the Swift springs?
Old 06-21-14, 05:40 PM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsardar
Since I have leased my car I really want to get these swift springs but I am not sure when I turn in the car would I need to take off the spring and put back the OEM?
Requirements in returning your car should be in your lease. More than likely you'll have to put the original springs back on.
Old 06-12-15, 10:50 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Bump....... Was considering the Swift springs, anybody else want to chime in with their experience with the Swift springs as a cheaper alternative to putting coilovers on the F?? The drop that they provide is exactly what I'm looking for 1" front and 0.6" drop in the back.

Thx
Old 06-12-15, 11:02 AM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

I installed the front only - I have had them for over 1 year and I love them. They ride is exactly the same as stock and I did not notice any degradation in handling.

IMO - for the street, these are a great option. Drop is perfect, ride remains the same (no bounciness at all for me) and handling is about the same.

Coilovers will always be a great choice since you can dial in your setup a little better..
Old 06-12-15, 12:12 PM
xianxian
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive had mines installed since 2010

front and back
ride is a little bit more harsh but cornering Is way better!

the only thing I am having a hard time is the alignment. nothing major just having a hard time dialing in to true center I guess.
Old 06-12-15, 01:18 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Originally Posted by xianxian
ive had mines installed since 2010

front and back
ride is a little bit more harsh but cornering Is way better!

the only thing I am having a hard time is the alignment. nothing major just having a hard time dialing in to true center I guess.
Cool, how much did they cost and where did you buy them at?
Old 06-12-15, 01:46 PM
xianxian
Driver

Believe it or not VIP auto salon
Don't buy there anymore

Local shop on base did mine for 250
Old 06-12-15, 04:29 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

^^^That's not bad, I'll see if I can find a place that sells them.
Old 06-13-15, 01:13 AM
jlam86
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

curious if there a big difference in handling for those who lowered just the fronts on the swift springs vs those who lowered all 4 corners. I am lowered just in the front, but i am not a big fan of the rake look. I have gone with a 275 tire and 15mm spacer in the rear and am worried it will rub if i drop the rear to level it off. But i am more concerned about the handling than anything.
Old 06-13-15, 12:16 PM
kevintari
Driver

Had mine on for a few months and it's well worth the money. Aside from the tight handling, the extra bit of lowering is a nice look.
Old 06-13-15, 04:09 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jlam86
curious if there a big difference in handling for those who lowered just the fronts on the swift springs vs those who lowered all 4 corners. I am lowered just in the front, but i am not a big fan of the rake look. I have gone with a 275 tire and 15mm spacer in the rear and am worried it will rub if i drop the rear to level it off. But i am more concerned about the handling than anything.
If handling is your priority, mixing aftermarket springs with OEM springs will not get you where you want to be. Front and rear springs, be they OEM or aftermarket, are designed to work as a group and not mixed and matched as you, and others, have done.

Ken.
Old 06-13-15, 04:56 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Buy them from Mod in Japan, they have a bunch in stock and they ship it out the day of! Great prices, I think they might still have their swift spring sale.. message them through the forums

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 06-13-15, 10:11 PM
kevintari
Driver

Originally Posted by joshhleee
Buy them from Mod in Japan, they have a bunch in stock and they ship it out the day of! Great prices, I think they might still have their swift spring sale.. message them through the forums
Agreed, that's where I got mine.
Old 02-14-16, 10:58 AM
RCFC89
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with just the fronts. Gives the car the perfect even stance. Ride is exactly the same.

Quick Reply: Swift Sport Spring review for ISF!