IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Fully domesticated IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-10, 05:44 PM
testmetest
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome stage 3 dadification! Great post!
Old 11-02-10, 06:26 PM
516IS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love your post... Time to get an SUV Daddy...
Old 11-02-10, 06:57 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

My baby girl has yet to ride in the F as the 4runner has been adequate. But we got a rear facing seat that just barely fits haha. Great thread.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 11-02-10, 07:03 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

epic epic win.
Old 11-02-10, 07:21 PM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread is excellent!
Old 11-03-10, 05:51 AM
Underdog_
Rookie

I'm really glad y'all enjoyed this, fellas! Right off the bat, I was happy to see that there are some fellow dads out there stuffing their kids into the IS-F too. The car is a big sedan, so you gotta get some use out of those back seats!

I took these pictures yesterday after a tedious trip to the mall with the whole crew. Had a funny moment when a young guy in a pimped out Civic gave me a thumbs up as I was pulling into the mall parking lot. Seconds later he rolls by again, this time I'm pulling the giant stroller out of the trunk while my daughter was climbing out. The look on his face was just great. I gave him a look like "you'll see...this is what you will become, my friend."

Anywho, to answer a couple questions:

daniel3ooo: Thanks! My camera is a "point and shoot" Canon Powershot SX110 IS, which was about $250 when I got it a few years ago. For a point and shoot they have a great lens. It's a nice, tough little camera, especially good for family stuff.

Lexura1414: I wish there was a cooler minivan out there! Like maybe a 2012 Nissan Quest with the GT-R engine? We are going to probably get a van in the next couple years. Sigh. You just can't argue with their utility and practicality. I'll still have all of my fun toys though. Muhahaha!

jadu: My daughter loves riding in my car. I don't know where she came up with this, but she's always telling me to "floor it" in more words or less. She loves engine sounds. This has future implications that concern me, or in other words, she'll be just like me someday. Uh-oh.

Joe Z: Thanks! Regarding my welding hobby, my wife thought I had gone completely insane when she wandered downstairs to see the brand new IS-F three feet in the air, pipes everywhere, and me in my welding helmet with a sheepish look. "Honey, this looks worse than it is....I can explain!!"

bnizzle87: Yes, kicking the seat is hard on the nerves. Joe Z is right, the seat memory settings mostly take care of this, but it's like her darn legs get longer every day!! Oh and speaking of memory seats, I have to move my seat up a good bit to make room for that baby seat. Thank goodness for the telescoping wheel, that makes it totally tolerable. If you were taller than 6'0 it would likely not be do-able.

mikefate I'm not currently using the pads. I used them in my last car and still had dents in the seats. I think it is inevitable, unless you take them out, which has to be a massive hassle. I drive them around all the time, so that isn't an option for me. I've also heard some mixed things about them in regards to safety, so I decided to stay away from them this time around.

Thanks again guys! Now go make some babies so I can see more dadifications!

-Tom
Old 11-03-10, 06:17 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice thread as well very amusing. As Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear said "And now your children can have their spleen crushed as well". LOL
Old 11-04-10, 10:05 PM
lx470man
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ahh hell no, get that girl out of the car now. I be like hey girl what the hell, i dont goo around putting shoe marks on your toys. whats your problem? get the hell out of my ride or wipe the shoe marks off and dont do it again.
Old 11-05-10, 09:18 PM
Eurosport
Rookie

where's the air freshener for the occasional ... ?
Old 11-05-10, 10:03 PM
sleeper408

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome thread! This should help convince my girl friend into buying an IS-F as a family hauler when we have kids.
Old 11-06-10, 06:25 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL - what a great balance of fun & responsibility! I don't have a car seat in my IS yet, but it's next on the mod list.
Old 11-06-10, 08:52 AM
Underdog_
Rookie

Originally Posted by sleeper408
Awesome thread! This should help convince my girl friend into buying an IS-F as a family hauler when we have kids.
There ya go! Glad I could help!
Old 11-06-10, 08:58 AM
Underdog_
Rookie

Originally Posted by Eurosport
where's the air freshener for the occasional ... ?
Ha! Nice one. I do what my dad used to do to my brothers and I. All four windows down, no matter the weather outside. That taught us to keep it to ourselves, especially when it was below freezing out!
Old 11-06-10, 03:28 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

I love your post. My F has the same modifications! "Daddy go faster!"
Old 11-07-10, 10:51 AM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

My ISF is about to look the same on a regular basis. It is our only "family" friendly vehicle. My wife and I just brought our beautiful 8lb 1oz baby girl back from the hospital two days ago. Our Chico 30keyfit works very well in the back seat...only problem it the passenger seat doesn't have much room to go back.

Quick Reply: Fully domesticated IS-F