IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Concave wheel interest. Custom offsets and 305 rear fitment

Old 09-28-10, 02:48 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Concave wheel interest. Custom offsets and 305 rear fitment UPDT With PICS 1-12

Hi guys, as part of my quest to fit the wider rubber in the back and not requiring extensive fender modification. ( it fits now but not really streetable) I am looking to see how many would be interested in a custom set of concave wheels that would allow a 305/30/R19. I would need to order 10 sets and they would be completely customizable, so custom powdercoating etc. I can work on the price a bit, but looking for interested parties that would be willing to put deposits down once I get it all figure out.

I will also be adjusting the suspension geometry to make this easy on tire wear. So far things are looking good with my MEGA arms and toe links but I would also like to hit the upper linkages to get a hint more clearance. Please post up if you would like to participate. Wheel style below. At least one target. I guess we could explore other wheels in their series if I can dial in offsets appropriately.

EDIT removed previous wheel company reference. New company selected

I think it is also interesting that they can do a pin mount center lock wheel design as well... maybe I should work on a pin lock knockoff mount hub.

Wheels are ordered. 19x9 and 19x11 R.

UPDATE 1-12 Pics of the rear wheels with finish.
Actual wheels shown. Tried to match factory gunmetal. Conservative concave. Next round will be 10mm more aggressive and require some fender mods.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions

Last edited by FIGS; 01-13-11 at 09:51 AM.
Old 09-28-10, 06:26 PM
MRISF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it would be interesting to say the least....what tire would you run up front?...and would you be able to be lowered on springs and still do this?
Old 09-28-10, 06:44 PM
FIGS
The Maker

I am lowered about 1.5" now in the rear. The plan would be to get full suspension travel with this setup. I am square with 305's now on a x10 so obviously I would push for a x11 setup.
As far as the front goes, I am thinking a x9 with a 245 or 255. I do not want to go too wide and make the car wander or turn sluggish. I am just starting to look at this, thus the interest thread. There will also be some variables associated with suspension geometry that I can tweak.

The motivation for my MEGA arms on the IS300 was purely selfish. I wanted to run a x10 with a 275 with no fender modifications. I was able to do this with a very narrow margin. So trying to do the same here. Come up with a full suspension solution aimed at performance, tire wear and maximum fitments. Sometimes it came down to very small clearances, but we can make it work.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
Old 09-28-10, 06:52 PM
trackdood
Pole Position

255 up front????? Mike don't disappoint me hahahah
Old 09-28-10, 07:50 PM
carlosg
Driver

I would be really interested the wheels look great. but they must fit without hassle
Old 09-28-10, 07:53 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by trackdood
255 up front????? Mike don't disappoint me hahahah
hey, you got your style and I got mines
And yes a hassle free fit is priority one, especially for lowered applications. I could certainly make the tires fit with more pulling but I grow tired of muscling through things when they can be addressed with finesse.
Old 09-28-10, 07:53 PM
MRISF
Pole Position

im the same way carlosg....if i can slap the arms on and wheels with 305 tires and no rubbing issuses/ fender mods im game....PM some details Fig
Old 09-28-10, 08:02 PM
FIGS
The Maker

The details are that I will meticulously measure based on the adjustments I can make and get a pilot wheel made for the rear. The front is a little easier to maneuver. I will mount everything and verify things. Then I will have to pre pay for 10 sets of wheels to get them produced. If I have substantial interest. I do not want to get over exposed and have 8 sets of wheels on my hands.

Since I am not seeing as many adventurous people with modding the F, i.e. the exhaust I dumped a lot of R and D $$ into and not many people interested in saving weight, I want to create a turnkey solution for people along with a table of settings available with the control arms.
Old 09-29-10, 10:48 PM
mikefate
Lead Lap

I'm extremely interested.

But I'd be more interested in maybe a 295 rear and 255-265 front if I could make it work. I'd rather not have such a difference between front and rear. On my is300 it was a weird feel with 285s and 235s.
Old 09-30-10, 05:36 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Gonna look sick but why 305 in the back? Definitely overkill IMO
Old 10-01-10, 12:11 AM
ISMAN250
Driver

GOODLUCK with that company, http://jordanstolemymoney.com/ That guy is a crook, I would steer clear of that company. Its sad he managed to start another company and people fell into it. I dont care how straight he has gone, I would never fund someone with such low morals.
Old 10-01-10, 04:10 AM
FIGS
The Maker

This is a press release that they recently sent me. I admit that I have never done business with them before and obviously I am intrigued by the quality of their products so I guess it is up to the consumer to make an objective assessment.

The Truth Behind ADV.1
There's alot of rumors in the industry about us so we wanted to explain this mystery to our customers and competitors the facts on this months update...

The facts:
-896 sets of wheels delivered and on the road since September 2009 (only 1 year ago)
-Out of those 896 sets of wheels, not 1 unresolved issue or complaint can be found
-Nearly every reputable large and small retail Dealer in the US and Internationally stands behind us and trusts us to deliver a quality product to their customers
-The company was built from literally nothing and in 1 year produced over $4 Million dollars in gross sales despite the entire industry being against us

The bottom line is that company's do not succeed like this by ripping people off, supplying a low quality product, or not practicing good business ethics, period. Our competitors try their best to make people think otherwise in an effort to make sales instead of focusing on making their brand better and adapting to the changing market.

The questions:
Q: What's the association between ADV.1 and 360 Forged?
A: Jordan's old company, long story but in short it blew up too fast with no preparation or planning, no experience and overall combination of everything bad that can happen to a new business. Long version:
http://www.secretentourage.com/succe...dan-swerdloff/

Q: Does Jordan / 360 or ADV.1 still owe people money from 360's fall out?
A: Absolutely not, and he's publicly stated repeatedly "If anyone claims that I do, call or come by any time and if the claim is legitimate we'll go to the bank together on the spot". The reason such a bold statement is made is because 360 was sold for the amount needed to fill every open order and / or refund owed and he made sure that this was done instead of walking away with a substantial cash payment. The offer still stands, our phone number and address is below.

Q: So what's the entire story behind it all?
A: The full story is explained in detail in this interview, should anyone want verification on anything feel free to call any time, we can conference call anyone in question, in fact we'd be happy to:
http://www.secretentourage.com/succe...dan-swerdloff/

The biggest question about ADV.1: HOW?
The answer: http://www.adv1wheels.com

ADV.1 WHEELS
phone: 305.238.0058
fax: 305.238.5833
sales@adv1wheels.com
Web: http://www.adv1wheels.com
Image Gallery: http://www.flickr.com/photos/advance1/

Miami: Sales / Design facility
12385 sw 129ct. #109
Miami, FL 33186

Manufacturing / Engineering facility
Garden Grove, CA

Old 10-01-10, 08:25 AM
ISMAN250
Driver

You realize that makes them even more guilty. Their are shops that are in a lawsuit with the guy, for screwing them over. I would NEVER give someone business with such low morals.
Old 10-01-10, 12:30 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Well looks like I will kill this idea. I like their wheels but could not carry that burden into my business. Not enough interest anyway. I am starting to think my brainstorming is a waste of time.
Old 10-01-10, 02:30 PM
diablo2184
Pole Position

im just not feeling their 5 spoke design

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Concave wheel interest. Custom offsets and 305 rear fitment