IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Concave wheel interest. Custom offsets and 305 rear fitment

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-11, 11:53 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

I still do not have wheel weights..I guess until I get the wheels and weigh them for myself.
I would not guess them to be in the "light" category due to the extra material and stainless fasteners vs Ti that were on my OZ wheels.

Working on the F parts seems to be thankless at times, so I do appreciate recognizing how much time all this stuff takes. I am still just one guy, trying to make things happen.

Fig
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 01-09-11, 12:45 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Gymkata
First of all FIGS, I love the work you are doing here. Thank you for all of the time and effort you have vested in the ISF.

I'm tired of seeing ISFs with heavy 20x9/20x11 only running 245/285 tires, or worse...those getting aftermarket wheels with ridiculous offsets barely able to run stock tire widths without rubbing. The wheels designs you are looking at are beautiful. What are the ballpark wheel weights for the 19x9/19x11 rims you are looking at? 9" and 11" rims with 265 and 305 tires sounds like a beastly package...love it.

Unfortunately I personally won't be getting any of this any time soon as my wife gave up her highly lucrative job to be a stay at home mom with our two-month old daughter.
^^+1 on this. I've been a member on here since the purchase of wifey's 2007 IS 350, but did not become active until the purchase of my "F" a while back. It is only recently that I have come across FIGS' various threads on his efforts to develop and manufacture very high quality aftermarket parts for our cars. As he noted, it can be a thankless task because a pioneer like him, although receiving lots of up front encouragement, never really knows how the market will receive his various offerings....sometimes not knowing until it's too late.

It can be even more dicey in the aftermarket wheel business because of the industry's vaunted and well deserved reputation for cutthroat business practices. I hope you stay the course, FIGS. You already know how I feel about this from our many PMs.
Old 01-09-11, 06:19 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Here's a suggestion; if you're ordering in quantity, why not deal with MHT directly? They manufacture the ADV, Vossen Forged, etc. wheels anyway. The only issue is that they make wheels for so many brands that the production times are L O N G.

The custom wheel business is a mess right now... you've been warned!

Lots of props for taking this on!
Old 01-09-11, 08:37 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
Here's a suggestion; if you're ordering in quantity, why not deal with MHT directly? They manufacture the ADV, Vossen Forged, etc. wheels anyway. The only issue is that they make wheels for so many brands that the production times are L O N G.

The custom wheel business is a mess right now... you've been warned!

Lots of props for taking this on!
Thanks, again I try to make things that solve problems and I know what it is like to cut a check for something that you will not see for another 4 weeks at least...painful.

Hopfully I provide enough flexibility for what the market will demand and deliver according to anticipation.

I am already starting to hate the business practaces of the wheel business lol.
Fortunately I would not be afraid to take a lot of things that other would not.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
Old 01-09-11, 09:35 PM
lx470man
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how does the wheel look on the car?
Old 01-12-11, 01:36 PM
ISMAN250
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FIGS
Thanks, again I try to make things that solve problems and I know what it is like to cut a check for something that you will not see for another 4 weeks at least...painful.

Hopfully I provide enough flexibility for what the market will demand and deliver according to anticipation.

I am already starting to hate the business practaces of the wheel business lol.
Fortunately I would not be afraid to take a lot of things that other would not.
I know what your getting, they told me haha. I jumped into an order with them too, and I think it was worth it. They have been nothing, but nice to me. I saw how some people ordering Volks and Venacis and what not are waiting 4-5 months and they cant even get in contact with the person they ordered from. That would scare me if I couldnt get in contact, the wait really isnt a HUGE deal since its cold right now, but the bad customer service is a BIG NO NO.
Old 01-12-11, 11:07 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Light at the end of the tunnel, I guess finished happened today. Honestly things are straight at the moment with these guys. Stuff happens and it has been well communicated. The bigger issue was with the other Vendor trying to ride on some work I had done and potentially getting wheels earlier. Needless to say it was a mild misunderstanding and it was fact and fiction, mostly on the other vendors part, not the supplier.

But back to the wheels and spare the drama.

Actual wheels shown. Tried to match factory gunmetal. Conservative concave. Next round will be 10mm more aggressive and require some fender mods.

Last edited by FIGS; 01-12-11 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-13-11, 01:44 PM
mikefate
Lead Lap

Nice. LookIng forward to more aggressive. And hopefully some mesh.
Old 01-13-11, 01:46 PM
MRISF
Pole Position

are you doing other designs than that wheel you posted fig?
Old 01-13-11, 03:34 PM
FIGS
The Maker

The mesh design posted in the other thread is also available as will a few more. I just wanted to get one set and all the offsets cleared prior to open release of all the designs. Also it was at the request of the Wheel company to keep designs confidential until they OK'd the release.

Fig
Old 01-13-11, 05:33 PM
MRISF
Pole Position

do you have an idea of price for a set of wheels and also are you doing package deals with wheels and lower a arms for the isf?
Old 01-14-11, 08:53 AM
mikefate
Lead Lap

Fig are you getting a tire deal as a package or wheels only?
Old 01-14-11, 01:13 PM
ISMAN250
Driver

Ah Heck, I didnt know they could do that color. Thanks figs lol, now im gonna have to call and see if I can get my color changed. I didnt know you were doing the 6 spoke, they keep things on a tight rope their lol and even after my pestering they wouldnt tell me your design haha.

I am excited, wish it was more concave, but they were telling me all about how that works so this makes alot of sense.
Old 01-14-11, 05:19 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by mikefate
Fig are you getting a tire deal as a package or wheels only?
I am putting the whole package together and will have my race tire shop to all mounting and balancing as well as the lightweight lugs of your color choice. I will do 0 margin on the ties and wheels to make things price competitive. I am also trying to source good take tires to make things even cheaper as they are a tire rack take off depot. I just stopped by today an they have conti and pirelli 305 /30 takeoffs in great shape.

I am trying to do alot of work for you guys to make this a no brainer.

Fig
Old 01-18-11, 09:11 PM
FIGS
The Maker

I have been given the OK.
I am working with Forged Specialties,for the 3-Peice forged wheels shown previously. Here are a few other styles that they have going right now. I should have pricing guidelines soon as well as the wheels on the F.

Quick Reply: Concave wheel interest. Custom offsets and 305 rear fitment