IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

A custom project we just wrapped up.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-17, 03:15 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts
Default A custom project we just wrapped up.

Made specifically for another member who has posted up some pics in the mod thread. A factory midpipe replacement for use with the HKS SSM rear section and with a custom tailored resonant path. I designed the crossover tune to have a unique appearance and blend into a 3.5 diameter resonator like the factory pipe. Just sharing, I could make another but it was tricky to complete with any schedule given the other things we have going on. Just posting it as display for now. For serious inquiries contact us. Can also be made into a 3.5" rear section all the way back.
Thanks Mike
Attached Thumbnails A custom project we just wrapped up.-figs-midpipe-custom-isf-1.jpg   A custom project we just wrapped up.-figs-midpipe-custom-isf-2.png  
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 02-13-17, 02:09 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Intersting, so this only fits with the HKS SSM Cat-Back?
Old 02-13-17, 10:25 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by Defratos
Intersting, so this only fits with the HKS SSM Cat-Back?
This is a factory mid-pipe replacement. So it fits with any axle back.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
Old 12-19-17, 09:47 PM
vip168
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FIGS
For serious inquiries contact us. Can also be made into a 3.5" rear section all the way back.
Thanks Mike
I have PM you Mike
Old 12-19-17, 11:07 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

This is a factory mid-pipe replacement. So it fits with any axle back.
Mike, Is there any advantage to your design versus the stock mid-pipe with a simple secondary cats delete as far as flow, any hp gains and weight savings over the stock unit?

If you could make these out of titanium, that would be something else, what do you think?

Last edited by Rossi; 12-19-17 at 11:57 PM.
Old 12-20-17, 08:40 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by Rossi
Mike, Is there any advantage to your design versus the stock mid-pipe with a simple secondary cats delete as far as flow, any hp gains and weight savings over the stock unit?

If you could make these out of titanium, that would be something else, what do you think?
The big advantage was drone for this customer. I tuned this via selective frequency interference based on the spectrum of the factory pipe and its drone center frequency. It also will flow better than the factory because it does maintain 2.5 throughout. The factory system drops diameter in several places to a near 2" dia. I think it sounds better than a dual 2.5 because of its a 3.5 merged collection point. The limiting factor is the factory connection which drops back down to 2.7" single for the HKS. Titanium, yes if you want it, I can build it. My 2:1 Ti system took a back burner to some other things with higher demand, but I plan to get back to it.
Mike
Old 12-20-17, 11:37 PM
Rossi
Racer

The big advantage was drone for this customer. I tuned this via selective frequency interference based on the spectrum of the factory pipe and its drone center frequency. It also will flow better than the factory because it does maintain 2.5 throughout. The factory system drops diameter in several places to a near 2" dia. I think it sounds better than a dual 2.5 because of its a 3.5 merged collection point. The limiting factor is the factory connection which drops back down to 2.7" single for the HKS. Titanium, yes if you want it, I can build it. My 2:1 Ti system took a back burner to some other things with higher demand, but I plan to get back to it.
Mike
Awesome. I currently have Sikky headers with stock exhaust. It is perfect. My thoughts are, replacing the mid pipe with a much lighter titanium unit and keeping the stock mufflers (axle back) as I love the reasonable sound level and zero drone issues. I always wanted titanium midpipe, the obvious issue was the price of the Japanese units like ICODE. Stupid expensive plus shipping from Japan, yeah right. Another issue, I need cats because of the headers, what would be the options if going with titanium. ICODE midpipe has titanium cats. NOVEL uses non-titanium cats on their midpipe . Very interested to hear your expert thoughts.

Last edited by Rossi; 12-22-17 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-23-17, 10:18 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Awesome. I currently have Sikky headers with stock exhaust. It is perfect. My thoughts are, replacing the mid pipe with a much lighter titanium unit and keeping the stock mufflers (axle back) as I love the reasonable sound level and zero drone issues. I always wanted titanium midpipe, the obvious issue was the price of the Japanese units like ICODE. Stupid expensive plus shipping from Japan, yeah right. Another issue, I need cats because of the headers, what would be the options if going with titanium. ICODE midpipe has titanium cats. NOVEL uses non-titanium cats on their midpipe . Very interested to hear your expert thoughts.
Easiest means of putting a cat into a Ti system is to do v bands on a stainless GESI cat. I have not found a manufacturer that makes them. To guarantee there is enough catalyst to make a difference for our emissions standards, that is the best approach IMO.
Mike
Old 12-24-17, 12:00 AM
Defratos
Racer

^ This would involve cutting the Ti System and inserting the Cats with V Clamps in the middle correct?
Old 12-24-17, 09:22 AM
Rossi
Racer

Easiest means of putting a cat into a Ti system is to do v bands on a stainless GESI cat. I have not found a manufacturer that makes them. To guarantee there is enough catalyst to make a difference for our emissions standards, that is the best approach IMO.
Mike
All rights, so can we get 2 Vibrant GESi High Output Universal Catalytic Converters (4" OD x 7" body length, 2.5" Inlet/outlet) and weld V-Band flange to each side of the cat ?
Obviously your titanium mid pipe would come in two pieces with titanium flanges where the cat goes , then just use couple V-Band clamps and are good to go right?
You could even offer optional straight pipe. Two piece unit will be easier to ship anyway.

^ This would involve cutting the Ti System and inserting the Cats with V Clamps in the middle correct?
This could be the answer you have been looking for :-)))
Attached Thumbnails A custom project we just wrapped up.-vpe-11490.jpg  

Last edited by Rossi; 12-24-17 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-24-17, 08:14 PM
eaglclon12
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Any sound clips
Old 12-26-17, 08:48 AM
Defratos
Racer

This could be the answer you have been looking for :-)))
Can u elaborate? What exactly is that supposed to be?

How will this eliminate the need for cutting?
Old 12-26-17, 09:02 AM
ninten5
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

interested if:

-it will pass VA emissions
-make any difference in HP with stock everything else
-not cost like the Sikky headers
Old 12-26-17, 10:57 AM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Novel exhaust goes from 2 to 1. Does this sound anything similar?
Old 12-26-17, 10:50 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Can u elaborate? What exactly is that supposed to be?

How will this eliminate the need for cutting?
Cutting would still be required to add cats to a non-Ti system, or go slip fit with couplers. The customer has posted sound clips with the HKS SSM exhaust.

Quick Reply: A custom project we just wrapped up.