IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

How Bad Of A Company SIKKY IS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-10, 06:34 PM
MRISF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Bad Of A Company SIKKY IS!!!

Let me start by saying that I ordered my set of headers 3 days after SIKKY released that they would be selling headers. When I called I spoke to someone at the company and I placed my order with him and he took my credit card information and said "I am putting a 500 dollar deposit on your card", I agreed and he said I should have my headers in about 3 weeks to a month. I agreed to those terms and I asked him so how many sets of headers have been ordered so far?...He replied "you are one of the first". So I told him after I gave him my credit card information that I would like the headers to be shipped to a different address than my billing address. I told him I wanted them sent to Elite Auto-sport and gave him there exact address, needless to say I was put on hold immediately for about 5-10 minutes. He came back and he said "OK you want these shipped to Elite Auto-sport?", I replied yes, he kind of chuckled and that was pretty much the end of our conversation. This conversation took place about early to mid may if I recall..

I then called SIKKY around the 15th of June...I was told that all 50 headers are being ceramic coated as we speak. I then asked when they will be ready and I got the answer of "they will be done at the coating place this week and we will start to ship them the week after...

Now it is July 6th or so if I recall correctly and I call SIKKY. I ask where are my headers and they say that the ceramic coating place fell behind with the forth of July holiday. They tell me that they don't know when they will be done. Now discouraged after seeing that it is about 9-10 weeks from when i placed my order and I was told that it will 3-4 weeks when I ordered them is out the door. At this point all 50 headers were supposed to be coated, because I was told all 50 headers were there.

So SIKKY now releases a statement on here stating that they have a problem waiting for the coaters and that they will done around the 23rd of July. I call the next week to find out where my headers are and they ask for my name and I told them and they said "OH your the one that is having them sent to Elite Auto-sport right?". I replied yes and I was put on hold for about 10 minutes and someone else came on the phone I believe his name was Rich, and he said I don't know when they will be done but when they are we will ship them and then pretty much said nothing else and hung up.

People start to receive their headers around mid August. I wait a few days and call and they tell me that you did not make the cut of the first 25, I bit my tongue and said OK. (even though I was told that I was one of the first to order a set) I then asked when will the next batch ship and he said next week.

So i have been in contact with SIKKY all last week and they tell me that the other 25 headers are at the ceramic coating place now and will done soon. They then say "OH your the one that's having Elite Auto-sport install the headers right?". I said yes that is correct, SIKKY then tells me that if you want the headers we can "HOOK YOU UP" if you want. We know a shop in Maryland to do it called JE Imports. I stated no I am having Elite install them, he says well if you call JE they can install them by the end of the week. I said well how can they install them if I don't have them. The person on the phone states well they have sets sitting there waiting for people to call so they can install them. So I said well why do they just have sets sitting there if other people are waiting for theirs? He replied with they ordered multiple sets, so I then said well cant you get them to send me a set of headers if there "just sitting there" and they can have my set once they others are done? He said well I know JE won't ship them to you because they don't do any shipping. So then I asked if you guys can ship them because you guys are in the same building and he said no not really their not near us anymore. He said well I don't know you will have to talk to my boss Rich, but Rich isn't here. I said well can you have him call me tomorrow. So I leave my name and number and he says I will have him call you tomorrow, of course no call the next day or the day after. I then call and ask for Rich and the guy that answered said he's not here. Then he says well who's calling..so I tell him and he says hold on. Rich then gets on the phone (weird I thought he wasn't there) and says how can I help you? I said I am wondering where my headers are and he gives me some bull**** excuse again. He then says if your in a hurry to get these put on we can have a shop in our area put them on for you (JE Imports again). I said no Elite is putting mine on, I then ask him if he can talk to JE and see if I can get a set of there headers and then they can have my set when there done....he replies let me see what I can do and I will call you tomorrow, so I went along with it. But he then stated if I can't do anything you may want to call JE and see if you can buy a set from them.

In the meantime I look up JE on the internet and find out that JE is in the same building as SIKKY like I knew before(same address). I call them and talk to someone there and pretend I'm from New Jersey so that there is no correlation in case SIKKY told them not to take an order form me. So I am talking to the kid there and he told me I can buy either just headers or buy them and have them installed there. I asked the price for the headers and he said 1345. Then I asked "well if I wanted them installed how much for it all?", and he said about 1750. I then said well I have 3 other buddies that may be interested in headers they drive F's also, do you have enough if we want to do this? He chuckled and replied yes we have many sets of headers here.

So Rich calls me back 2 days later and says I can't get JE to give you a set of headers because they only have 2 sets left and their not going to give them up. So I then told him that his company is terrible and they have been jerking me around since I placed my order in mid May and that I want my money back and Andy at Elite is just going to build me a better set of headers. He replies with well we will see and when you do get them on, I would love to see them and do a back to back dyno with our headers and Andy's. I said well that's fine but I'm not driving from PA to MN (1100 miles each way) and then driving from PA to MD (about 400 miles each way). He said well it would be worth it and I would be willing to not charge you for a set of our headers to try. I then said well why do you think I wanted to order a set and do a back to back dyno like I have stated on this forum before? I then said well why dont you send me a set of headers when there ready and I can give you a credit card to hold them so Andy can dyno them. He said no because then you can't return them because they will be dinged up and scratched from installing and uninstalling them from the car. I said well what do you recommend?, he said come out here and we can have a 3rd party put them on and dyno them. I said no offense if I were to even agree, I would want either Elite or JE putting them on since they have done it before multiple times, but that would not be fair because my honest opinion(and mine only) is that JE and SIKKY are the same company pretty much (one being a manufacture and the other being an install shop) so I think that JE inflates the dyno to read higher so they cover SIKKY'S ***. He said well we would install ours here and dyno them and then install Andy's headers again and have JE do all the dyno work. I said well thats not fair because you can make the numbers look better for you...

SO now that I am done ranting and pissed off because SIKKY is a terrible company to get a hold of on the phone, they are also not trustworthy. I am honestly so pissed at them right now I don't even want to type anymore. Not to mention people on this forum that had their headers installed already had fitment issues and leaks and poor quality right out the gate, plus the people that did not have JE install them also are stating that they did not see the numbers they were promised.
Old 08-30-10, 07:08 PM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 08MRISF
Let me start by saying that I ordered my set of headers 3 days after SIKKY released that they would be selling headers. When I called I spoke to someone at the company and I placed my order with him and he took my credit card information and said "I am putting a 500 dollar deposit on your card", I agreed and he said I should have my headers in about 3 weeks to a month. I agreed to those terms and I asked him so how many sets of headers have been ordered so far?...He replied "you are one of the first". So I told him after I gave him my credit card information that I would like the headers to be shipped to a different address than my billing address. I told him I wanted them sent to Elite Auto-sport and gave him there exact address, needless to say I was put on hold immediately for about 5-10 minutes. He came back and he said "OK you want these shipped to Elite Auto-sport?", I replied yes, he kind of chuckled and that was pretty much the end of our conversation. This conversation took place about early to mid may if I recall..

I then called SIKKY around the 15th of June...I was told that all 50 headers are being ceramic coated as we speak. I then asked when they will be ready and I got the answer of "they will be done at the coating place this week and we will start to ship them the week after...

Now it is July 6th or so if I recall correctly and I call SIKKY. I ask where are my headers and they say that the ceramic coating place fell behind with the forth of July holiday. They tell me that they don't know when they will be done. Now discouraged after seeing that it is about 9-10 weeks from when i placed my order and I was told that it will 3-4 weeks when I ordered them is out the door. At this point all 50 headers were supposed to be coated, because I was told all 50 headers were there.

So SIKKY now releases a statement on here stating that they have a problem waiting for the coaters and that they will done around the 23rd of July. I call the next week to find out where my headers are and they ask for my name and I told them and they said "OH your the one that is having them sent to Elite Auto-sport right?". I replied yes and I was put on hold for about 10 minutes and someone else came on the phone I believe his name was Rich, and he said I don't know when they will be done but when they are we will ship them and then pretty much said nothing else and hung up.

People start to receive their headers around mid August. I wait a few days and call and they tell me that you did not make the cut of the first 25, I bit my tongue and said OK. (even though I was told that I was one of the first to order a set) I then asked when will the next batch ship and he said next week.

So i have been in contact with SIKKY all last week and they tell me that the other 25 headers are at the ceramic coating place now and will done soon. They then say "OH your the one that's having Elite Auto-sport install the headers right?". I said yes that is correct, SIKKY then tells me that if you want the headers we can "HOOK YOU UP" if you want. We know a shop in Maryland to do it called JE Imports. I stated no I am having Elite install them, he says well if you call JE they can install them by the end of the week. I said well how can they install them if I don't have them. The person on the phone states well they have sets sitting there waiting for people to call so they can install them. So I said well why do they just have sets sitting there if other people are waiting for theirs? He replied with they ordered multiple sets, so I then said well cant you get them to send me a set of headers if there "just sitting there" and they can have my set once they others are done? He said well I know JE won't ship them to you because they don't do any shipping. So then I asked if you guys can ship them because you guys are in the same building and he said no not really their not near us anymore. He said well I don't know you will have to talk to my boss Rich, but Rich isn't here. I said well can you have him call me tomorrow. So I leave my name and number and he says I will have him call you tomorrow, of course no call the next day or the day after. I then call and ask for Rich and the guy that answered said he's not here. Then he says well who's calling..so I tell him and he says hold on. Rich then gets on the phone (weird I thought he wasn't there) and says how can I help you? I said I am wondering where my headers are and he gives me some bull**** excuse again. He then says if your in a hurry to get these put on we can have a shop in our area put them on for you (JE Imports again). I said no Elite is putting mine on, I then ask him if he can talk to JE and see if I can get a set of there headers and then they can have my set when there done....he replies let me see what I can do and I will call you tomorrow, so I went along with it. But he then stated if I can't do anything you may want to call JE and see if you can buy a set from them.

In the meantime I look up JE on the internet and find out that JE is in the same building as SIKKY like I knew before(same address). I call them and talk to someone there and pretend I'm from New Jersey so that there is no correlation in case SIKKY told them not to take an order form me. So I am talking to the kid there and he told me I can buy either just headers or buy them and have them installed there. I asked the price for the headers and he said 1345. Then I asked "well if I wanted them installed how much for it all?", and he said about 1750. I then said well I have 3 other buddies that may be interested in headers they drive F's also, do you have enough if we want to do this? He chuckled and replied yes we have many sets of headers here.

So Rich calls me back 2 days later and says I can't get JE to give you a set of headers because they only have 2 sets left and their not going to give them up. So I then told him that his company is terrible and they have been jerking me around since I placed my order in mid May and that I want my money back and Andy at Elite is just going to build me a better set of headers. He replies with well we will see and when you do get them on, I would love to see them and do a back to back dyno with our headers and Andy's. I said well that's fine but I'm not driving from PA to MN (1100 miles each way) and then driving from PA to MD (about 400 miles each way). He said well it would be worth it and I would be willing to not charge you for a set of our headers to try. I then said well why do you think I wanted to order a set and do a back to back dyno like I have stated on this forum before? I then said well why dont you send me a set of headers when there ready and I can give you a credit card to hold them so Andy can dyno them. He said no because then you can't return them because they will be dinged up and scratched from installing and uninstalling them from the car. I said well what do you recommend?, he said come out here and we can have a 3rd party put them on and dyno them. I said no offense if I were to even agree, I would want either Elite or JE putting them on since they have done it before multiple times, but that would not be fair because my honest opinion(and mine only) is that JE and SIKKY are the same company pretty much (one being a manufacture and the other being an install shop) so I think that JE inflates the dyno to read higher so they cover SIKKY'S ***. He said well we would install ours here and dyno them and then install Andy's headers again and have JE do all the dyno work. I said well thats not fair because you can make the numbers look better for you...

SO now that I am done ranting and pissed off because SIKKY is a terrible company to get a hold of on the phone, they are also not trustworthy. I am honestly so pissed at them right now I don't even want to type anymore. Not to mention people on this forum that had their headers installed already had fitment issues and leaks and poor quality right out the gate, plus the people that did not have JE install them also are stating that they did not see the numbers they were promised.

I sit... I wait... I listen.... I learn...
Old 08-30-10, 07:10 PM
ArticKnght
Advanced

Received 169 Likes on 78 Posts

Call your credit card company and tell them this store. The will refund your money and they can handle Sikky.
Old 08-30-10, 07:11 PM
MRISF
Pole Position

All you need to know is how to get in touch with Andy at Elite Auto-sport!!
Old 08-30-10, 08:01 PM
DiauR1
Lead Lap

WOw sorry to hear about your terrible experience...I'm 3 hrs away from them and was thinking about getting a set, now I'm doubting. Thanks for sharing bro
Old 08-30-10, 08:45 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Honestly, the guys on the forums have really saved me from a bad situation. Something told me to hold off on the headers until i got feedback from the guys on the forums. Its a good thing i went with my gut. So many people are complaining about the headers and Sikky its surprising. I have yet to see one car other than the test cars make a 50whp improvement. Caymandiver did a Dynojet Comparison and i believe that was more accurate. The product seems to make good and consistent power when installed by the manufacturer, but im still very skeptical. For a product with such a long R/D phase to be released without perfection is just crazy. Hopefully everyone can work out their problems and be pleased with the headers at the end of the day... At this point im just going to wait for elite. I know taking a long time dosnt mean perfection, but im hoping for the best.
Old 08-30-10, 09:10 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

^well put! it sucks waiting around for performance products to be available, but i'd much rather wait for a product that has gone through rigorous R&D and has reliable customer service from its manufacturer. it sucks what 08MRISF had to endure. im not sure i'd get one from SIKKY now, after hearing this story. i could understand the delay in the ceramic coating, but i can not tolerate bad service. and "you are one of the first"- to me, that should mean i should be one of the first to receive them, not some shop that has them "in stock". total BS!
Old 08-31-10, 12:20 AM
ISF-88
Pole Position

I also read this on the other ISF forums and all I can say is that some poor customer service from Sikky...It was obvious they did not want to send the Header to Elite Autosports due to the header's poor quality and revealing the true gains on another Dyno. I also showed some of my friends who are gear heads that are in the modding industry the pictures of the issues with the Headers that others were experiencing. They even said it's unacceptable even at Sikky's fairly cheap retail price of the headers. After hearing about this I've decided to wait for Andy's Elite Headers as well. Waiting does suck but I rather wait and spend a bit more for a perfected product.

Last edited by ISF-88; 08-31-10 at 02:36 AM.
Old 08-31-10, 02:30 AM
mikefate
Lead Lap

This was helpful. I was on the fence about them and their hp claims. Based on this, I would def not order from this company. Not worth the hassle.
Old 08-31-10, 04:03 AM
MRISF
Pole Position

just remember also 50 headers x 1350 a piece = $67,500...just some food for thought
Old 08-31-10, 05:12 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Sorry to hear Kyle! Bad customer service is a no-no!
Old 08-31-10, 05:45 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts
Default My .02

I had been following the header progress with Jaslapp1 (guinea pig for the headers) from the very beginning. Based on the kind of results I had seen with the IS350 I was very skeptical about this modification on a Lexus. Finally after months and months and months had gone by Jaslapp1 finally gives me the dyno results (in private) and I was like no way in hell that is possible!!!! I know you can inflate numbers by a few on a dyno, but 50+ was just too much to fudge.

The skeptical person I am kept in my mind that ok, I would still be happy if they gave me at least 25 more peak whp similar to what the PTS JoeZ exhaust yielded. As the headers were just about done with the developmental phase I decided to directly contact SIKKY. Being that I live about an hour and half away, I worked out a deal with SIKKY to test these headers prior to them being finalized for production in order to work out any small details and to verify the results that Jaslapp1 achieved. I was going to be the "independent party" and dyno these headers on BOTH their Dynapack and the Dynojet where I usually go for testing. I did the same thing for the JoeZ intake and the PTS JoeZ exhaust.

Needless to say, SIKKY/JE had ZERO doubt that I would make any less power on the Dynojet than on their Dynopack. I did some more research and talked to other shops in the area and told them that SIKKY and JE were doing the work. Not one single shop had anything bad to say about them, but were full of compliments, which was quite reassuring so I finalized the deal and took my car up to them for the big installation.

I was at the shop for 8 hours while they did the dyno testing, installation and test drive. At all times they allowed me to watch the progress and take any pictures I wanted, but being how the headers sit up in the engine bay it really is damn near impossible to get quality pictures with them installed hence the lack of photos from the SIKKY folks. After a long hot day we make our final dyno runs where we found gains of 42.5 peak whp and 21.4 ft/lbs peak tq. WOW!!! LINK TO MY DYNAPACK RESULTS

I drove the car around and racked up a few hundred miles and then went back to the Dynojet to get my second set of results. They Dynojet operator was even more skeptical than me, but we proceeded. Results were +39.50 peak whp and +34.57 ft/lbs peak tq! The dyno operator (Dan at MachV) was shocked and I was very relieved to see similar gains as to what were achieved on the dynapack at JE. If any of you want to get your facts straight give Dan a call at MachV. They are in no way shape or form associated with JE/SIKKY.
LINK TO MY DYNOJET RESULTS

So anyway, I've had the headers on my car now since June and I have not had one single problem with fitment, power or CELs. I can't speak for JE about how they treated 08MRISF, but I can tell you that in my own personal experiences with them that they have been very accommodating, honest and will certainly do business with again in the future. I have yet to hear about one installation or quality problem for any of the cars that JE/SIKKY did the header installations on and that tells me that for all the rest it's just a lack of experience by the installer and paranoia/OCD of the owner.
Old 08-31-10, 01:19 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

Interesting read.....

Joe Z
Old 08-31-10, 02:49 PM
MRISF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Robs IS250
Sorry to hear Kyle! Bad customer service is a no-no!

HAHA i wish this company had your customer service Rob even on your worst day ....it would be very nice to deal with
Old 08-31-10, 03:28 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Kyle,

With all do respect, I think the 1st problem I see is right you in your 1st paragraph and then you mention it like 3-4 other times..

In my honest (independent) opinion, you would have had your headers by now if they were being shipped to your home.

Best Regards,

Joe Z

Quick Reply: How Bad Of A Company SIKKY IS!!!