IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

What Do You Love About Your IS-F?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-10, 11:47 AM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Do You Love About Your IS-F?

Just starting this thread for expressing our love towards our cars because we have such a unique car. I see more ferraris on the road than I see IS-F's lol

For me IS-F is a daily driver and I cant wait to drive it everyday. I usually just go outside on my lunch break to just look at it, i know I am wierd like that lol. This is my dream car when I was in college, now that I got my first real job and I feel proud of myself everyday for making my dream come true. I think every IS-F owner should feel really proud for owning such a beautiful car.

Also thanks to everyone on this forum for lettin me live my dream through your pictures, videos and posts when I dint own this car. Believe me I used to look at youtube videos of IS-F every single day until i owned my IS-F.

Feel free to post what do you love about your IS-F..
Old 08-24-10, 01:48 PM
daniel3ooo
Pole Position

Love the reliability, speed, and luxurious interior. I think those 3 things make it just right for me personally. I can't stress enough how much I love that my powertrain is warrantied till January of 2015! I also love my color Ultrasonic Blue!!!
Old 08-24-10, 02:30 PM
poorbong
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I love it with a passion, the speed, the look, in and out.....until my differential got messed up and it's on the rack right now at the dealer and I wont get it back until next week. Now I have a little doubt with the reliability, other than that, can't wait to be in it again.
Old 08-24-10, 05:12 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

i love the fact that its new and fresh. mix that with the reliability known from the toyota/lexus brand and the luxurious nature inside and out, this monster on the road has the race feel for those looking for speed and power as well as the elegance and serenity that only lexus can deliver. the only thing i can "hate" about it is the lack of aftermarket parts, despite it being a great production from the factory to begin with. its a sports sedan, and though other car manufacturers can replicate power and performance, they cant replicate the smile on my face every time im in or around my car. sure, there are competitors, but i bought a car that i would be happy to call my own. fanbois and naysayers are easily tuned out with the F!
Old 08-24-10, 05:23 PM
silky f
Driver

the start of the engine every time i pushed that button......MONEY!
Old 08-24-10, 05:57 PM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

All comments are really true. I dont think I felt like this with any other car. Its a keeper
Old 08-24-10, 06:37 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Well no car is perfect but being an old dog and seen there, had that, and done that, I'd say the Quality and Reliability of a Toyota coupled with its sportiness/power and Luxury is what makes the F experience special to me.
Old 08-24-10, 07:07 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

USB + Alpine Interior. This was my 1st ever realistic dream car. This car pictured here on the same spinning stage had me breathless at the 2007 Chicaog Auto Show. With two months into my dream job, I knew it wasn't a matter of if, but when. Never owned a Lexus before, but always knew I was a lexus guy as a teenager. Color Combo + ISF + Lexus = My Reason, in that order.
Attached Thumbnails What Do You Love About Your IS-F?-lexus_is-f.jpg  
Old 08-24-10, 07:12 PM
brattygirl
Rookie

I love everything about my car! But most of all, the fact that I am the only on the road with an F. Wink!
Old 08-24-10, 07:17 PM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by brattygirl
I love everything about my car! But most of all, the fact that I am the only on the road with an F. Wink!
Haha nice...Ur in MD, do you go to meets here in DMV
Old 08-24-10, 09:07 PM
wiredGS400
Driver

Default There is a lot to love about the car

but for me, the sound of 4000rpm and above, and pulling the left paddle when braking. Oh so fun and lovable.
Old 08-25-10, 06:52 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good thread!

Since I was a little kid I've been involved in 3 things: cars, electronics, and computers. I've been following F1 and WRC since 1980, probably missed about 7 F1 races since then and some more WRC's, but you can get the picture of how in love I am with motorsports. Throughout time there are certain cars that made a strong impression on me, those are the cars that at any time in life I'd like to own. Some of them came through already such as the Toyota Celica All-Trac, Mitsubishi Evo, and Lexus IS-F. There are some other cars in my list that I'll get sooner or later, such us a Nissan GTR, an Aston Martin, a Maseratti... and a Ferrari.

I felt in love with the 2IS the moment it was launched, I found the lines so beautiful, elegant... Shortly after I learned about the IS-F project I told myself that I'd get one if the car is indeed produced (which happened). Now that I've daily driven it for over two years, I love it more and more, you never get bored of it! I love the elegant 2IS lines, and the aggressiveness that the F adds. The interior is smart, comfortable, modern, great quality. The engine is a good balance between sportiness and refinement. But for me (and I guess for everyone) the best part comes from the way you drive it, and if the car answers the way you expected, then you're all set. I drive all my cars like race cars, as soon as I jump into my car and turn the engine on, I switch VCD completely off, SPORT mode on, and M mode (tranny). I step on the gas and the car flies! The engine sound is unique, the transmission goes through gears better than I would, so the car exceeds my expectations!

As said before, no car is perfect. If I was in charge of the IS-F project I'd have done things a little bit different. First I don't care about keeping the Lexus image as a sofisticated and refined car, this is not the regular Lexus, so if an old guy wants to buy a Lexus that "floats" on the road, basically without providing any feedback, then buy an LS. Anyone buying an IS-F needs to be prepared to feel the road, to control the corners, so I'd have gotten rid of most of the nannies that interfere with the driver. This is something Lexus needs to learn from BMW, for the F I think the driver needs to be more connected to the car. Steering feedback and suspension are the weak points for the IS-F, but I understand that it was made this way to again keep the Lexus image. Anyone here has driven an EVO? That's the way every car should handle, and that's what I'd have done to the IS-F. Other than that, everything is fine.
Old 08-25-10, 06:59 AM
ISFer
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by djsai
Just starting this thread for expressing our love towards our cars because we have such a unique car. I see more ferraris on the road than I see IS-F's lol

For me IS-F is a daily driver and I cant wait to drive it everyday. I usually just go outside on my lunch break to just look at it, i know I am wierd like that lol. This is my dream car when I was in college, now that I got my first real job and I feel proud of myself everyday for making my dream come true. I think every IS-F owner should feel really proud for owning such a beautiful car.

Also thanks to everyone on this forum for lettin me live my dream through your pictures, videos and posts when I dint own this car. Believe me I used to look at youtube videos of IS-F every single day until i owned my IS-F.

Feel free to post what do you love about your IS-F..
I mirror your feeling djsai....and it's a pleasure to share with fellow F owners.

I love the power, handling, reliability, uniqueness, and looks of our F's and I too am weird in that I just look at it sometimes, in awe of its beauty.
She's a real looker.

C.
Old 08-25-10, 07:20 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The transmission does it for me, of which the behavior was a major change coming from the IS350, while making me forget the gearbox in my FD. I really admire the engineering and decision to place it in the F.

The sensation delivered by the secondary intake and throttle blips upon down-shifting, also really add to the experience. To say this car has no personality is silly...the thing delivers.

The dual nature of the car is obvious, and remains chief among a list of reasons as to why I purchased it, but another point of note is the gas mileage. I remain very impressed by how much this car drinks, given the size of the V8. The all-around package Toyota has built, here, is a nice sign of things to come.
Old 08-25-10, 08:01 AM
mdsbrain
Lead Lap

I'm in MD as well.

Everyday this car reminds me of my decision to have this car. From the acceleration, braking to the fun of running through the twisties.

Quick Reply: What Do You Love About Your IS-F?