Search this Thread

Old 08-01-10, 06:14 PM
elm3c
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
well done

time for a road trip to Chicago so I can hear this
That would be a sweet road trip! I had spent a few years in Evanston, and still miss those times in Chicago.

But with a young kid at this point, long road trips are a lot less likely. Let me know when you're in the Bay Area and you can take a listen!
Old 08-01-10, 06:50 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Wow i don't like audio systems but you sir have changed my mind!
Old 08-01-10, 07:44 PM
16psibrick
Rookie

i think i would have been less scared if you didnt give the impression that you were gonna just take it easy, and that road is so tight with oncoming traffic and trees hahaha

i guess because i never personally owned a car wtih stability control, i dont have the same degree of trust as you do
Old 08-01-10, 08:48 PM
elm3c
Rookie

Originally Posted by Robs IS250
Wow i don't like audio systems but you sir have changed my mind!
Hehe - it sounds better than it looks.
Old 08-01-10, 09:02 PM
elm3c
Rookie

Originally Posted by 16psibrick
i think i would have been less scared if you didnt give the impression that you were gonna just take it easy, and that road is so tight with oncoming traffic and trees hahaha

i guess because i never personally owned a car wtih stability control, i dont have the same degree of trust as you do
It can be really fun when you hit it hard with stability/traction control off, but usually it's a good safety net for street driving, especially when you don't know the road. Some can have higher limits for sport or competition modes too, without going full off.

Sorry, I didn't think I was going to get very agressive until the corner presented itself. Then I couldn't resist.
Old 08-01-10, 09:48 PM
16psibrick
Rookie

does your prius have it ESB also? if so, let me hit the roads with that next time lol!
Old 08-01-10, 11:16 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by elm3c
Thanks brociouz! I had wanted to check out your system too, as I originally started off thinking of just a sub install. Saw that your car was at Sound Innovations during the MECA comp, but you took off before I could catch you. The pics of your install are badass!

Not sure if I'll be able to make EOS, but if not, we can always try to arrange another time to meet up so you can take a listen and we can compare.
Haha, Bing tried to convince me to go with a full system (as opposed to low end only), but I just couldn't pull the trigger. I'm sure if I ever listen to your system I'll want to follow suit, so maybe it's a good idea that you don't come to EOS.
Old 08-02-10, 08:33 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Epic build thread.

Nicely done.
Old 08-02-10, 09:14 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

I think it's very brave of you to do this install on a brand new car (is it)? Aren't you worry about warranty? Anyway, I take it A pillar is gone along with air bags?
Old 08-02-10, 10:24 AM
16psibrick
Rookie

nothing i have done affects warranty except for the warranty of the stock stereo system itself of course.

as for the pillar air bags, a long time ago a freind of mine who work sin detroit told me that if its just a small tihngs like a tweeter, it wouldnt affect the deployment of the air bag. the IS's pillars is anchored at the top, but most of the air bag comes top down to protect the occupants. infact, the entire pillar doesnt even become fully detached. if the explosive force of the bag deploying cant compensate for the few ozs that is a tweeter...then its scary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC4ZxLqheUk
Old 08-02-10, 03:05 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by elm3c
Thanks to everyone for all the kind words! I'm am definitely happy with the results and I'm very much enjoying the tunes again.

Funny, in my previous ride, an '07 Cayman S, I hardly ever had the stereo on, since I was always just listening to the engine and exhaust. It was a much more engaging ride, especially with a stick shift. The IS-F is just a different type of car, more luxurious and more of a GT to me. With a quieter interior, a good stereo system seems more appropriate.

Not that I don't like the sound of the engine and exhaust in the IS-F... but I may have to get the JoeZ after hearing s4play's a few months ago...

Well done man, I remember you told me you were going to tackle the stereo install on your IS_F last time we chatted. We are building a custom stereo setup in another IS-F here as well. Drop by the shop sometime and I can show you what we've been doing.

System looks very impressive - can't wait to hear it! Looks like a great sounding system without too much flash.

rick
Old 08-02-10, 03:17 PM
elm3c
Rookie

Originally Posted by brociouz
Haha, Bing tried to convince me to go with a full system (as opposed to low end only), but I just couldn't pull the trigger. I'm sure if I ever listen to your system I'll want to follow suit, so maybe it's a good idea that you don't come to EOS.
hehe - we'll be sure to get you an in depth audition soon then!
Old 08-02-10, 03:20 PM
elm3c
Rookie

Originally Posted by 16psibrick
does your prius have it ESB also? if so, let me hit the roads with that next time lol!
if it does, not sure if we can switch it off. but believe it or not, my prius actually has ultra high performance tires on it!
Old 08-02-10, 03:22 PM
elm3c
Rookie

Originally Posted by dojoman
I think it's very brave of you to do this install on a brand new car (is it)? Aren't you worry about warranty? Anyway, I take it A pillar is gone along with air bags?
yup, only about 2000 miles on the odo. but if i was concerned at all about affecting the safety / airbags, etc, i wouldn't have done it.
Old 08-02-10, 03:27 PM
elm3c
Rookie

Originally Posted by s4play
Well done man, I remember you told me you were going to tackle the stereo install on your IS_F last time we chatted. We are building a custom stereo setup in another IS-F here as well. Drop by the shop sometime and I can show you what we've been doing.

System looks very impressive - can't wait to hear it! Looks like a great sounding system without too much flash.

rick
how much longer will it be in the shop? i would definitely like to check it out, and also have you take a listen to my system.

btw, you last mentioned that you were finishing the system in the s2k. is that completed?

also, any chance i can take a ride in your is-f some time, to hear the joez from the interior?

Quick Reply: 2010 IS-F - full stereo system install