IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Show me Baby Seats in the IS-F!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-10, 09:40 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Show me Baby Seats in the IS-F!!!

I've been trying to install the baby seat and having a ***** of a time due to lack of space. It seems the front seat has to be moved pretty far forward. Have other IS-F parents had this issue?

It's easy if the child is front facing but I need it to be "REAR" facing so it seems to achieve the 45 degree angle it's pretty hard.....

Does this mean I will have to retire the IS-F as a baby vehicle?
Old 06-12-10, 10:44 PM
byung
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I m in same boat with you.
looking for infant seat for my F, but haven decide yet...
Recaro child seat looked cool to me, but not sure its fitment on F.
is there any different between child seat & infant seat?
Old 06-12-10, 11:33 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i use graco on the passenger side and actually tilt the passenger chair on it. in my head it seems like to secure the car seat down even further.
Old 06-13-10, 05:58 AM
j8123
Driver

Lucky my kids are old enough not to need the full on baby seats. They have that half seat thing, not sure the exact name. Those are tough enough to get in correctly. I couldn't see how you could get a real baby seat to fit.
Old 06-13-10, 08:02 AM
Galaxy 40
Pole Position

here ya go...I did a thread a few months back. this was just a test fit my daughter does not ride in the F. I agree that the back seat has a inclined angle and not enough space.
Attached Thumbnails Show me Baby Seats in the IS-F!!!-dsc_0008.jpg  
Old 06-13-10, 08:50 AM
huksa
Rookie

I have a front-facing child seat in my F, and my 21-month daughter always kicks my seatback. I guess I have to live with it because the situations were same with my previous Touareg and my friend's RX350.

I am expecting a new born in August, and I will see how things will go with TWO child seats in the back.
Old 06-13-10, 12:17 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

Hahaha,,,, I did alot of dumb things,, I purchased a brand new 08 G37 coupe 1 week before I had my first kid.. not too bright,, car basically sat in the garage most of the time, didnt bother me at all cause I had 2 other cars,, till 10 months later, I tried fitting a stroller in the trunk,,, nope, not happening,, so I sold the G for a New F.. Loved the F,, had 4 drs, a big trunk, etc... after another 10 months,, my daughter got bigger,, so she started kicking behind my passenger seatback, and i had to be real careful of her head when I put her in the forward facing car seat. I really didnt cared too much about my F, I didnt like the fact that my daughter didnt have enough "leg space" so I decided to trade in my F for a 2011 Sienna... Now Im loving the Sienna,, its so roomy, convient,, and my 16inch flipdown is going to be very very useful in a matter of time!!! haha,, I think your gonna have to give up some of your toys for your kid..... or if you have the money,, time for a big beater... no s2k, no nsx, and def no crotch rocket..
Old 06-13-10, 02:16 PM
mrohno
Driver

I think if you buy a compact enough rear facer you should be OK on the passenger side....my two kids (2 and 3 1/2) both sit front facing...little tight but I make both of them take off their shoes so the seat backs stay clean!
Old 06-13-10, 10:17 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Galaxy 40
here ya go...I did a thread a few months back. this was just a test fit my daughter does not ride in the F. I agree that the back seat has a inclined angle and not enough space.
thanks for the picture! I have the Radian XT and spent the better part of my Sunday morning playing with it. I realized it will fit but the front seat will pretty much be all the way up forward. Not the ideal comfort position for my wife. It seems the ideal position would be in the middle seat but of course this is not possible in the IS-F

Looks like no IS-F for the infant....

IS-Fly168: I have no plans to give up any toys for now - we have a ML and a RX330 so we should be fine for the baby hauling for now. Eventually the IS-F maybe sold for a Cayenne or something of that nature but we'll have to wait and see

thanks!
Old 06-14-10, 05:04 AM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

My wife and I went shopping for baby seats yesterday. We decided on the Chicco Keyfit 30. It fit in the ISF passenger backseat better/more securely than others we had tried, and left a little more room for the front passenger than did the Graco Snugride 35...plus the straps are a whole lot easier to use. We just went to BabysRus and had a salesman bring a bunch of baby seats outside and we tried them all out.
Old 06-14-10, 08:32 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

^that's a great idea - there's a BabiesR'Us near my house

Appreciate your suggestions. Do those two you picked out have a system where you can un-snap and remove from car and move directly into the stroller for infants?

thanks!
Old 06-14-10, 03:20 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by huksa
I have a front-facing child seat in my F, and my 21-month daughter always kicks my seatback. I guess I have to live with it because the situations were same with my previous Touareg and my friend's RX350.

I am expecting a new born in August, and I will see how things will go with TWO child seats in the back.
big congratulations on being a papa a second time. may you, your wife, and your babies have a beautiful life. big sis is already growing up . cherish the time when they're young, cuz damn...it blows by way too fast (speaking from an uncle's perspective, not a proud papa yet).
Old 06-14-10, 04:47 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Originally Posted by s4play
^that's a great idea - there's a BabiesR'Us near my house

Appreciate your suggestions. Do those two you picked out have a system where you can un-snap and remove from car and move directly into the stroller for infants?

thanks!
Yes, both of the two I mentioned are integrated systems for infants with strollers, and bases you leave in the car.
Old 06-14-10, 04:50 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

also, both are adjustable and can be adjusted to the appropriate angle/level for the ISF rear seats.
Old 06-20-10, 08:44 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Rear facing in the F is horrible as the front passenger will need to be short and very close to the dash. If you can deal with that until you can front face then no big deal. I daily drive a Jetta (which has no more room than in the F), but since it was Fathers day today I thought it would be fun to take the family out in the F. The kid loves the sound of the exhaust so much he falls asleep within the first 5 minutes of driving. LOL

Quick Reply: Show me Baby Seats in the IS-F!!!