Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS F (2008-2014)
Complete IS-F Brake Thread (Under-construction) >

Complete IS-F Brake Thread (Under-construction)

Notices
IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Complete IS-F Brake Thread (Under-construction)

Old 03-05-19, 04:47 PM
rem0rse
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In terms of a street pad which offers quite low dusting are there any particular recommendations? No track use.
Old 03-11-19, 11:49 AM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Sponsor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by rem0rse View Post
In terms of a street pad which offers quite low dusting are there any particular recommendations? No track use.
We have done quite a bit with Project Mu Type NS (what was previously NS400). This latest batch is a slight reformulation that emits a bit more dust than the original compound but it's still a very quiet and low dusting compound, but also gives higher friction levels than the stock pads and the original formulation.

We also have Carbotech 1521 compound which is extremely low dusting (slightly less than the Project Mu Type NS) but does not produce as much friction as the Project Mu pads.

-Matt M.
Old 03-11-19, 11:56 AM
sleepstate
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

How do the Project Mu PS pads compare to the NS and the Carbotech 1521?
Old 03-11-19, 12:27 PM
rem0rse
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedFreaksUSA View Post
We have done quite a bit with Project Mu Type NS (what was previously NS400). This latest batch is a slight reformulation that emits a bit more dust than the original compound but it's still a very quiet and low dusting compound, but also gives higher friction levels than the stock pads and the original formulation.

We also have Carbotech 1521 compound which is extremely low dusting (slightly less than the Project Mu Type NS) but does not produce as much friction as the Project Mu pads.

-Matt M.
Thanks for the reply Mike, could you shoot me a DM for a quote for the Carbotech 1521 and Project Mu Type NS.
Old 03-11-19, 05:00 PM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Sponsor

Originally Posted by sleepstate View Post
How do the Project Mu PS pads compare to the NS and the Carbotech 1521?
Type PS are the replacement for the B-force and sit in the performance category above the Type NS and Carbotech 1521. A bit more friction but a lot more dust than either Type NS or 1521. The reason we haven't been pushing the Type PS or the old B-force much is because, in my opinion, it sits in an awkward place in the spectrum- if you want ultra low dust and noise it's not the best way to go and if you're willing to sacrifice on the dust output for higher friction then just go straight to HC+800, Ferodo DS2500 or Endless MX72 because they all punch much harder than the Type PS across the board for not much much more dust output (except Endless which is actually a bit lower on the dust output, all else equal).

Originally Posted by rem0rse View Post
Thanks for the reply Mike, could you shoot me a DM for a quote for the Carbotech 1521 and Project Mu Type NS.
PM sent!
Old 03-12-19, 12:37 PM
sleepstate
Driver

Thanks for the info on the PS, good to hear. Other vendors are pushing the PS as "best of both worlds" with lower dust and higher friction than NS, probably for sales.
Old 03-15-19, 09:22 AM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Sponsor

Originally Posted by sleepstate View Post
Thanks for the info on the PS, good to hear. Other vendors are pushing the PS as "best of both worlds" with lower dust and higher friction than NS, probably for sales.
It's a bit higher friction but most certainly not lower dust than Type NS.

-Matt M.
Old 03-22-19, 07:21 AM
ToDesi
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Guys,
Has anyone used Powerstop Rotors or Evolution pads? Rockauto has them on sale right now for $150, just wondering if they are a good alternative or not worth the savings?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...+pad+kit,13824
Old 03-22-19, 10:38 AM
PatrickISF
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ToDesi View Post
Hey Guys,
Has anyone used Powerstop Rotors or Evolution pads? Rockauto has them on sale right now for $150, just wondering if they are a good alternative or not worth the savings?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...+pad+kit,13824
That is a pretty crazy price for the whole package, especially since it comes with the pins and brackets for the brake caliper. The pads are ceramic so low dusting/noise but they aren't going to be on par with metallic pads as far as stopping power. Never used Powerstop rotors so can't give you any feedback on that.
Old 03-24-19, 06:11 PM
NjzFinest
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First time doing a brake job. Took me longer then expected as i took my time and the rears were a little more tricky getting the rotor off. I went with R1concepts geomet rotors and duralast gold ceramic pads.

I bedded them in using the 60-10 braking method.

They are super quiet and brake very well. Initial bite from oem isnt there but they do bite great for a dd. I have no regrets and love seeing no brake dust.

I have the r1 geomets on my jeep and the hubs still have no signs of rust and i live in nj where they salt the roads like crazy so thats why i went with them on my F. Under $440 im very happy with this setup.

My stock pads have alot of meat left on them if anyone is interested. Gonna post them soon.
Old 03-24-19, 08:22 PM
ultimase
Driver

Odd I'm not finding an application on R1concepts webpage?
Old 03-24-19, 09:17 PM
NjzFinest
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IS-F application

Make sure to contact kevin if your looking. Hes a vender on here and on isf fb pages. He gives great discounts!! Alot of good feedback from other car forums as well. Iv had great experiences with r1 and their rotors

Originally Posted by ultimase View Post
Odd I'm not finding an application on R1concepts webpage?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Complete IS-F Brake Thread (Under-construction)

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: